Killer effects cause a player, pet or mob to be intimidated occasionally when attempting an action on a target that has said Killer effect. This intimidation will cause the player, pet or mob to lose its turn.
- Like paralysis, Intimidation can interrupt spellcasting.
- Also like paralysis, Intimidation cannot block Weapon Skills or Job Abilities. This is why a player with Dragon Affinity may have his Cures Intimidated by a player with Dragon Killer, but a Pet Wyvern's Healing Breath will never be intimidated by any player with Dragon Killer.
- "Circle" job abilities temporarily grant a Killer effect to party members within range. For instance, a Paladin may use the ability Holy Circle to allow someone else in his party to temporarily be able to intimidate undead monsters, should they pull hate.
- Caps at 50%
- Killer Effects from Monster Affinity are 5% just like normal monsters.
Killer Effect gained by Job
|Arcana Killer||Dark Knight||25||+8|
Food and Armor gained Killer Effects
Certain foods and armor can give consumers/wearers these traits temporarily.
- All HQ versions of foods or armor listed here give the Killer effect as well.
- There are no Killer effects for Lumorians, Beastmen, Elementals or Archaic Machinery.
- A few pieces of equipment will grant Monster Affinity to their wearer. Any action by the wearer on a target with the appropriate Killer effect can cause intimidation, including Raise and Tractor. The Crimson Scale Mail Set and most drops from Moblin Maze Mongers have this type of affinity.
- Players and NPCs belonging to player races can also be intimidated in other ways, such as gnoles under the effect of Call of the Moon. (Supposedly player races have their own Humanoid Affinity, which is affected by Humanoid Killer, although the exact name of the affinity and killer effect are unknown.)