Occasionally attacks twice
- The probability of two attacks occurring is approximately 45%.
- If two attacks occur, Double Attack or Triple Attack cannot occur on either.
- This sword does piercing damage, but physical weapon skills are still slashing.
- Assuming 45% rate of double attacks and no other double attack or triple attack gear is being used then the DPS would be: 13.59
- The "occasionally attacks twice" effect is not active while under the effects of level sync at level 69 or lower.
Used in Recipes
Obtained from Desynthesis
How to Obtain
|Cannot be auctioned, traded, or bazaared, but can be delivered to a character on the same account.|
|Charybdis (NM)||80-81||Sea Serpent Grotto|
In European folklore, Joyeuse was the sword of Charlemagne (King of the Franks and Lombards from 768-814 AD), one of the few notable figures from Europe during the Dark Ages. It became popular in legends and tales during the Middle Ages. According to these stories, it was forged from the Spear of Longinus, whose blade was forged into the sword's pommel. In the Medieval story Song of Roland, the sword was said to change its color 30 times a day. It is supposedly buried with Charlemagne. Joyeuse means "joyful". The Spear of Longinus in the pommel is said to be the spear that pierced Jesus Christ while on the cross in Christian literature.