The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- You MUST have the Serpent Rumors Key Item to flag this quest...anyone who says different just wants you to buy their fish for 20k each....
- Talk to Irmilant to start the quest.
- He requests a Saber Shoot and Opal Silk, which can be obtained through the Inside the Belly quest.
- The fishing key item Serpent Rumors is required to undertake this quest as well as hook the two fish needed to receive the two items.
- Saber Shoot can be obtained by trading Gugrusaurus to Zaldon.
- Gugrusaurus bite on the Ship bound for Mhaura during pirate attacks, on the Manaclipper during the routes to and from Purgonorgo Isle that are closest to Purgonorgo Isle, as well as on the Al Zahbi and Mhaura ferries (no special requirements for these ferries).
- Gugrusaurus bite on Meatball and Drill Calamary. Drill Calamary can be obtained by trading Sea Zombies to Zaldon (approximately 25% of Sea Zombies will yield a Drill Calamary). Occasionally the Pirate's Chart Quest will also yield a Drill Calamary.
- When hooked with a Meatball, Gugrusaurus will only stay on the hook for 20 seconds unless the fisherman has the effect of an Albatross Ring active. Drill Calamary, on the other hand, will extend the amount of time you have to catch the Gugrusaurus to 45 seconds if it is combined with the Mooching key item.
- Opal Silk can be obtained by trading Lik to Zaldon.
- Lik can be caught in Leremieu Lagoon in Lufaise Meadows.
- Lik bite on Minnow and Dwarf Pugil. Dwarf Pugils can be obtained by trading a Cave Cherax to Zaldon (approximately 25% of Cave Cheraxes will yield a Dwarf Pugil). Occasionally the Brigand's Chart Quest or the Pirate's Chart Quest will also yield a Dwarf Pugil.
- Lik will stay on the hook for ~20 seconds when hooked with a Minnow; however, the difference is not as pronounced as it is with hooking Gugrusaurus with a Meatball. Similarly, combining the Dwarf Pugil bait with the Mooching key item will also greatly extend the amount of time you have to catch the Lik to about 45 seconds.
- When you finally obtain both the Saber Shoot and Opal Silk from Zaldon, trade both items to Irmilant.
- Return after the following Conquest update (Sunday-Monday midnight Japan time) and talk to Irmilant to end the quest, and receive your reward.
- Serpent Rumors is not needed to receive either Saber Shoot and Opal Silk from Zaldon, but you MUST have the Serpent Rumors to trade them in!
- A Lu Shang's Fishing Rod or an Ebisu Fishing Rod is required to be able to catch Gugrusaurus and Lik. The latter is the reward from completing this quest so if you are doing this you will not have it but a friend can catch the fish for you as they can be traded or sold.
- The Penguin Ring is recommended to be able to more easily weaken the more stubborn Gugrusaurus and Lik. This ring is considerably harder to obtain than the other but some Gugrusaurus and Lik can still be caught without it. If not using one of the EX baits, it is also recommended to use an Albatross Ring at the same time to allow yourself enough time to land the catch.
- An Albatross Ring can be obtained by successfully completing the Pirate's Chart event. The event can be cleared successfully at close to a 100% rate with proper preparation. See Pirate's Chart (Quest) for more information.
- A Penguin Ring can be obtained by successfully completing the Brigand's Chart event. Unlike the Pirate's Chart event though, there is no 100% guarantee that the event can be cleared successfully with any given attempt, and is based considerably on luck. See Brigand's Chart (Quest) for more information.
- Level 78 Fishing is required in order to get the Serpent Rumors key item, so that is the absolute minimum level required to begin this quest; however, fishers lower than level 90 fishing will have a very difficult time reeling in the fish necessary for the quest. Close to level 100 fishing is highly recommended.
- You will break your rod a lot trying to catch these fish, please consider either raising woodworking or bringing a woodworking mule along for repairs. Woodworking skill level of 68+ can repair a Broken Lu Shang's Rod but you can possibly use up an entire stack of crystals or more per repair. Suggested a skill level of 74+ for a better success rate. Please also be aware that you will lose your rod if you are repairing it when the Ferry docks, if a monster attacks you, or if someone casts a spell or song on you during your synth.
- Some have had to turn in over 1000 fish for an item while others have received it after as little as 1 fish. Current estimates as well as tracking here on wiki have put results of both Opal Silk and Saber Shoot at about 1% drop rate each.
- Additionally, the Seagull Ring obtained from Moblin Maze Mongers ‘Aquatic Depopulation Team’ can be substituted for the penguin ring. Other possible drops from ADT include Brigand's Chart, Pirate's Chart, and another fishing enchantment ring: the Heron Ring. The multiple ebisu-related drops makes MMM Aquatic Depopulation Team a useful complementary route for catching Lik and Gugrusaurus.
- Irmilant (Near the oasis, Rabao)
- Irmilant has asked you to bring the two base materials required to craft a legendary fishing rod. These materials seem to have found their way into the bellies of sea creatures that still elude the finest fishermen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.