A secret technique that pummels through the enemies defenses with repeated blows that are quicker than the eye can follow. It can even be used while wielding a club or staff.
- Hundred Fists is a Monk's One Hour Ability.
- Upon usage, character's melee attack delay is greatly reduced, similar to a massive Haste effect. The effect does not kick in until the next melee strike is made, as attack delay is calculated immediately following each attack round.
- Delay is not reduced to zero, or any other set amount. Attack rate is still based on the delay of your weapon. Higher delay weapons will still attack slower than lower delay weapons will.
- Gives the effect of 80% haste, not affected by magical hastes (i.e. marches, haste spell) and also not affected by gear haste.
- During Hundred Fists, it is recommended to replace Haste gear with Accuracy / Attack / STR gear, to maximize damage output.
- Completely unaffected by all forms of slow, including raise weakness.
- Usage of any job abilities, magic, or weapon skills normally adds a small amount of delay toward your next attack. This added delay is not reduced by Hundred Fists, meaning that repeated use of any of these while Hundred Fists is active might actually serve to greatly slow down the damage you can inflict. Be sure to evaluate the effect of your JAs/WSs/magic to see if their use is worthwhile. If possible, use any appropriate JAs/WSs/magic prior to initiating Hundred Fists.
- Despite what the name implies, Hundred Fists will work with any melee weapon you can equip, not just Hand-to-Hand weapons.
- Hundred Fists will reduce the amount of damage healed from the Dancer ability Drain Samba and future ranks to next to nothing, due to the massive delay decrease brought on from the ability.
- /ja "Hundred Fists" <me>
- Since Hundred Fists is a one hour special, some people prefer not to make a macro for it to prevent unintentional activation.