- When used, user gains the effect of Hide (Status Effect) for a random duration.
- When Thief is set as Support Job, Hide will not break the attention of enemies already targeting the user.
- Hide when used as Thief main job:
- When the user has the attention of an enemy that tracks by sight, all enmity is erased.
- Hide can be used on the following monsters without the use of Sneak or Deodorize, unless the monster has a pet: Ahriman, Bombs, Clusters, Cockatrices, Colibri, Dolls, Elementals, Flans, Fomors, Gigas, Goblins, Golems, Magic Pots, Moblins, Lamiae, Peistes, Puks, Rocs, Snolls, Tonberries, Wyverns, Yagudo.
- Hide can be used on Undead enemies as long as the user's current Hit Points are at or above 75%.
- While Hide will work on these monsters, since they detect by sound, if you don't walk out of aggressive range within a few seconds, they will become aggressive toward you again.
- Using Hide on certain monsters in this category may not work. See Aggression for more information.
- Hide can be used on monsters that normally track by scent if rain weather or double snow weather are in effect. Even works on monsters that detect by sound but track by scent.
- If used on an enemy whose environmental conditions are no longer met, for instance, an Elemental without its weather or an Undead enemy during daylight, the enemy will Immediately despawn.
- If this ability is active, then the user may use Sneak Attack from any direction.
- Sneak Attack needs to already be active on the user for this to work, since Sneak Attack will remove Hide. However, Trick Attack can be used without removing Hide. See Trick Attack for more information.