|This article is only a guide. Information expressed in a guide is usually more opinion than fact and should be taken as such. Guides are written by players, based upon their experiences, successes and mistakes, and are meant to aid other players. However, there may be differing opinions than those expressed in a guide. |
Strategies and information in guides may not work for everyone.
Buffalo Bonanza Shop
Macchi Gazlitah, next to the fountain in Ru'Lude Gardens, sells the following items related to this event, including the Buffalo Milk Case furnishing. She will eventually run out of some items - namely the Buffalo Milk Case and Buffalo Meat - but will regularly restock her goods as long as people are buying from her. If nothing is bought for an extended period, then she will stop selling some items until business picks up. A message will be displayed in /say to the local area:
"My new shipment has finally come in. Talk to me, and I can show you what we have!"
Trading the Ranchers items may reward you with one of several items (see below), and/or a random buff (such as Protect, Shell, or Shock Spikes). All non exclusive items (excluding beastmen armor) will be accepted by the rancher. The chance of receiving a reward item differs depending upon the item given.
- Although the ranchers will not accept beastmen armor for the items listed below, you still may receive one of the random buffs for trading a piece of armor to a rancher. You will retain the armor after trading, so it can be repeatedly traded for more buffs.
- After trading a Brigandine to a rancher, the item was lost. Be careful of what you trade.
Possible Rancher Rewards
Trading items to the Ranchers can also reward you with one of three bottle caps, each specific to one zone:
New Year's Gift
Talk to one of the Event Starter NPCs in the 3 nations.
- Bring a New Year's Gift to the Event Starter NPC and choose the second option to obtain the Battledore.
- Bunta, Bastok Markets (D-11)
- Jeanparmand, Northern San d'Oria (D-8)
- Pyru-Copyru, Port Windurst (B-4)
- You need to speak with the event starters to trade the item in, even if you have already obtained a New Year's Gift.
- Let you ask Grandpa a question.
- Give you something from my pocket.
- Tell you more about Grandpa.
- After obtaining the Battledore, on subsequent trades you will receive fireworks when selecting option 2.
Copy of "Hoary Spire"
- Equip the Battledore and board the Windurst-Jeuno Airship. Travel may originate in either Windurst or Jeuno for this portion of the event.
- Locate the NPC Dilauriome on the West side of the upper deck. Talk to Dilauriome while having the Battledore equipped. Bring him two Black Ink and one Bast Parchment to obtain Copy of "Hoary Spire".