- Note that the 2005 New Year's Special Event was followed up with a more comprehensive Event later on; the same may occur here.
- In most outdoor, enemy-populated areas, Fortuitous Fenrir (An NPC version of the Avatar Fenrir) will appear, roaming the map in a set pattern for each area, with three Tarutaru Summoner NPCs chasing after him.
- Trade the Summoners certain items (or stacks of items) and they will tell you your fortune and grant you a temporary, random Enhancing Magic Status Effect (Enthunder, Protect, Shell and Shock Spikes have been observed as possible effects thus far), or give you a New Year's Gift that, when used, will grant a Fishing Synthesis Image Support effect.
- Note that if you trade the New Year's gift back to one of the Summoners, you will recieve your fortune and the random Enhancing Magic Effect, but you will not lose the item as with other trades.
- Item trades neccesary for determining which reward is given are not yet fully known.
- Methods for determining the Enhancing Magic effect recieved are not known.
(More Data to Follow)
This event is the latest in a tradition of mini-New Year's events themed on the coming year's animal in the Chinese Zodiac. 2005's New Year's Day pre-event featured a Bird-type NPC called a Bird of Wonder (trailed by three Birds of Peace), as 2005 was the Year of the Rooster; 2004, being the Year of the Monkey, featured a "family" of Opo-Opos.
2006 is the Year of the Dog in the Chinese Zodiac, hence the appearance of Fenrir, a wolf.