|Start NPC||Mapitoto - Upper Jeuno ( )|
|Items Needed||Chocobo License|
Map of the Jeuno Area
The ability to register various mounts
|← Previous Quest||Next Quest →|
- Speak with Mapitoto in Upper Jeuno ( ) while in possession of the Chocobo License and Map of the Jeuno Area key items, and at a main job level of 20 or greater.
- Accept the quest and start the associated minigame with her.
- You will then instantly appear in Batallia Downs at the Upper Jeuno entrance, mounted.
- You are given a ten-minute countdown on-screen and are required to visit five of the marked points and Syrillia.
Note: The entrances to each of the barrows are marked with a blue shaft of light to help to prevent you from missing them.
- Your mount has two stats - 'Motivation' and 'Pep'. Motivation will decrease with time and Pep will increase. Once Motivation reaches about 50%, your mount will slow down. Before this happens, it is advisable to /cheer - this will return Motivation to full and reduce Pep to nothing.
- It appears there is a cooldown timer for cheers, as spamming does not seem to have any effect. When it works, you will see yellow notes coming out of your mount.
- Motivation will drain more quickly if you climb steep hills on your mount. You will see a red exclamation mark and sweat overhead when this happens. To maximize your chances of success, keep the ground under your feet as level as possible.
- Ride over the Raptor's Food on the floor inside the barrows at the marked points, and the graphic at the point will disappear (signifying your mount eating the food). A message will print to the chat log letting you know how many more points you need to visit to complete the quest, or whether you should now seek out Syrillia. Also, you will recover a small amount of Motivation and Pep.
- Once you have spoken to Syrillia at the end of the course, you will be automatically returned to Upper Jeuno.
- If you run out of time or Dismount, you will be given several options: Try again, Try again at a lowered difficulty, or Give up. Lowering the difficulty does not affect the quest rewards, increases the time limit to 30 minutes, and changes the Motivation meter to drain more slowly and the Pep meter to fill more quickly.
- Note: After completing the quest, you may speak to Mapitoto yet again and select "Let's do this" to try to beat the server's best time for the minigame.
- Speak to Mapitoto once more for your rewards.
- Note: You can now trade items prefixed by a note "♪" (e.g., ♪Tiger) to Mapitoto to unlock further mounts.