The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- After the cut scene at Qufim, head to Norg and speak to Andrause at (I-8).
- In order to get the Black Book from him, he will ask that you 'investigate' three randomly chosen monsters in the Sea Serpent Grotto. This is done by using a Soultrapper and Blank Soul Plates.
- Andrause will not accept pictures of monsters taken outside of Sea Serpent Grotto.
- He will give you a specific list of targets for you to take pictures of.
- He will offer to sell you a Soultrapper and a stack of Blank Soul Plates for 800 gil.
- After purchasing one, Andrause will ask you to wait until the next shipment arrives for another. (which means waiting until after japanese midnight ~Zazhi, sylph)
- If a new one is for some reason needed sooner, one can purchase a Soultrapper & Blank Soul Plates from Zandjarl at (F-7) of The Colosseum of Aht Urhgan Whitegate.
- To take a picture, equip the Soultrapper into your ranged slot, and the Blank Soul Plates into your ammo slot. You can then use the Soultrapper via the inventory onto a target, or alternatively, use a macro line /item "Soultrapper" <t> or any equivalent.
- The Soultrapper cannot be used while under the effect of Sneak or Invisible.
- Some monsters can only be found behind doors requiring certain beastcoins for entry:
- Open Area: Bigclaw (M-14), Brook Sahagin, Riparian Sahagin (L-11), Rivulet Sahagin, Royal Leech, Undead Bats and Grotto Pugil (on first map at M-11).
- Silver Beastcoin door: Sea Bonze, Grotto Pugil.
- Mythril Beastcoin door: Blubber Eyes, Bog Sahagin, Marsh Sahagin, Rock Crab, Razorjaw Pugil, Sahagin Parasite, Swamp Sahagin.
- Gold Beastcoin door: Devil Manta, Dire Bat, Lagoon Sahagin, Delta Sahagin, Coastal Sahagin, Mousse, Robber Crab, Shore Sahagin.
- Some pictures of monsters that are behind gates can be obtained by looking over ledges without actually going through a door.
- You don't need actually to take the photo yourself. Another character (party member) can take the photo, trade it to you, and then you can turn in the plate.
- Trade the pictures one at a time to Andrause, to obtain the Black Book.
- Mission Orders
- Seeking to usurp the Tenshodo as the underworld's foremost supplier of contraband, Domina Shantotto requires that you remove its leader, Aldo, from the picture. A clandestine meeting between you and the target has been arranged in the Gustav Tunnel. All that is needed to initiate contact is a black book, acquirable from Andrause in Norg.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.