The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
A, L, T(S)
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
|Transfusion: AoE Drain|
|Mana Storm: AoE Aspir|
|Tera Slash: Cone Attack high damage, ignores Utsusemi|
|Violent Rupture: AoE damage with Knockback and Weight that overwrites Flee, absorbed by multiple Utsusemi shadows|
|Oblivion Smash: Extreme AoE damage, absorbed by multiple(2-3) Utsusemi shadows|
|Dynamic Assault: Single target physical damage|
|Dynamic Implosion: AoE physical damage and Stun|
|Two Hour Abilities:|
|All tier 3 -ga spells|
|Note: these spells all have near instant casting time|
- Spawns when the 15 Kindred NMs are defeated. Killing these 15 also spawn Ying and Yang who must be defeated within 30 seconds of each other, or they will revive at full health.
- The Dynamis Lord is invulnerable to all magical and physical attacks unless Ying and Yang are both killed. This does not apply to the resummoned Ying and Yang - only the initial spawns in front of Castle Zvahl.
- At some point, he will resummon Ying and Yang to help him. They will attack whoever the Dynamis Lord is attacking, and he will keep summoning them again if you kill them. If Dynamis Lord is defeated, they will automatically die as well.
- Killable by: 30+ characters level 70-75
- The Dynamis Lord is one of the most damaging enemies in the entire game. The longer the battle is, the lower your chances are of beating him. Sleeping Potions used w/ an Opo-opo Necklace to gain 300% TP to perform an initial skillchain followed by a Magic Burst for bonus damage are often used to have a high amount of damage right at the beginning of the fight. Followed with an Icarus Wing for bonus damage/skillchains/MB's if needed.
- Feint and Angon are invaluable aids for this fight.
- Beating the Dynamis Lord usually involves RDM/DRK using Chainspell Stun in order to block his Oblivion Smash. It can be absorbed by 2 shadows from Utsusemi, but it is highly suggested your group have at least 3 RDM/DRKs or more. It is a vital point in order to defeat him.
- A common used strategy is to bring the Dynamis Lord in front of the "cliff" with the black flames coming out and having Black Mages and White Mages standing on top of that cliff. That way, they will be outside of his AoE, even Oblivion Smash. RDM/DRKs should not be with them, because they will often steal hate and bring the Dynamis Lord to them. One Oblivion Smash will completely annihilate a group of mages.
- Dynamis Lord can summon copies of himself while performing a TP move, causing target lock to be dropped. These copies will despawn soon afterwards.
- Ying and Yang share their hate with Dynamis Lord, making them extremely difficult to take enough hate to kite away long enough to finish the fight without major casualties.
- Dynamis Lord frequently starts off the fight with Sleepga or Bindga on the whole alliance. Everyone fighting Dynamis Lord should begin by drinking a Poison Potion or Venom Potion, and White Mages should be prepared for Divine Seal Erase at or near the start of the fight.
- Click the ??? left behind after killing Dynamis Lord to obtain the key item, for winning Dynamis - Xarcabard, and the title "Dynamis - Xarcabard Interloper". Those in the killing alliance receive an additional NM title of "Lifter of Shadows".
- Unlike other Dynamis bosses, defeating the Dynamis Lord does not grant a time extension.
- TP-Burn Strategy: Dynamis Lord can easily be killed via one full alliance of melees, including one bard per party, about 4 RDM/DRKs (staggering Chainspell+Stun; the next RDM starts his chainstuns before the previous RDM finishes to ensure that there are no gaps in the chainstuns). The three parties initially begin with DDx5 and BRD. Each BRD is assigned one song among: March, Madrigal, or Minuet. The three bards 2hr at the same time, and also use Troubadour and Nightingale. After each bard does his two songs (e.g. two highest March songs), they drop and join the next party, and continue this sequence until all three parties each have six songs (meanwhile WHMs outside the alliance Haste the melees). All bards drop and WHMs are invited to each party (to use Benediction in case Slowga or any other negative status effect is cast at the start by the Dynamis Lord. A PLD/NIN starts by pulling the boss, and melees immediately 2hr. With this setup, the fight typically lasts about 30-45 seconds; aside from poison potions, no other items (TP wing, Opo-Opo Necklace, etc) are needed.
Vengabus Sylph 19 Man.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.