|Beaucedine Glacier (S)||79 - 80||10|
|A, L, T(S)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Located on the same plateau as the Fortifications, usually near Gawpers.
- Shadowbind from a Ranger does take effect, but the effect wears off instantly.
- Have an extremely narrow cone of sight.
- Feral Howl most times fails to take effect.
- Charm does not bind them.
- Have typical Tauri moves like Mow, Back Swish and Mortal Ray
Dryptotaur is likely derived from the Dryptosaurus ("tearing lizard"), a genus of primitive tyrannosaur that lived in Eastern North America during the Maastrichtian stage of the Late Cretaceous period. A famous painting of the genus by Charles R. Knight has made it one of the more widely-known dinosaurs, in spite of its poor fossil record. Its specific name aquilunguis is Latin for "having claws like an eagle's".