|Dynamis - Valkurm||3||A, L, T(H)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Removed from the game in Dynamis update.
- Found on the secret beach in Dynamis - Valkurm near the ??? for WHM AF1.
- Upon aggro, it will spawn two smaller clones.
- The smaller clones are susceptible to Sleep.
- Observations showed the "baby" Dragontraps are immune to Elemental damage spells and don't aggro even if successfully landing Bio and other enfeebling spells.
- It is thought that these may despawn upon defeat of the main mob. Does not despawn.
- They use all Flytrap moves, including an enhanced Soporific that induces Nightmare effect, which is not affected by poison or other forms of damage.
- The AoE moves from this mob, including Soporific, have a long range. It is strongly suggested mages stand at maximum casting range.
- Defeating the Dragontraps will limit Cirrate Christelle's usage of Putrid Breath and prevent her from summoning Nightmare Morbols.
Many Flytrap monsters are named ___trap, with ___ representing some creature. Dragontrap means this plant catches dragons in it. How it does this is unknown since it is far too small for a dragon to fit inside, but the name is nonetheless impressive, meaning dragons are prey to this plant. However, this name is likely not literal and may merely be an exaggeration or instance of creative naming.