- Talk to Black Mud, who gives you a Brass Canteen to fill with water from the Drachenfall.
- If you drop the Brass Canteen, you can talk to him again to get another one.
- Take the canteen to Dangruf Wadi and head north. You will go through two geysers that move you up to a higher ledge. The first geyser is at I-8, and the next is at the far northeast area of the zone, at J-3. After going up that geyser you will follow an unmarked path leading northeast into a hidden section of North Gustaberg.
- Alternatively, if you have the North Gustaberg proto-point unlocked, you can use this to get to the same location. If you don't have it unlocked but have a Prototype attuner from Ru'Lude Gardens you can activate this point now, even if not to that point in the prototype attuner quest.
- Once in North Gustaberg head east, cross the bridge, then go further east to the waterfall.
- Trade the Brass Canteen to the Waterfall Base, not the ???, to receive the Drachenfall Water.
- Alternatively, the Drachenfall Water can be bought from the Auction House.
- Return to Bastok and trade the Drachenfall Water to Black Mud to complete the quest and receive your gil reward.
- The North Gustaberg location for the quest An Explorer's Footsteps is in the cave nearby, and it is easy to complete them both at the same time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.