|Pso'Xja||42 - 45||24
|Phomiuna Aqueducts||42 - 48||26
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- The diremites in Pso'Xja are located in both the formerly uncapped tower at F-7 (Nue tower) and the formerly level 40 capped tower at H-9 (Outpost tower).
- Diremite locations in Phomiuna Aqueducts are on the Talk page.
- They have MP but do not cast spells.
- May drop multiple vials of Lizard Blood.
- Florid Stone drop rate may be inaccurate, because the item is Rare and does not drop if everyone in the party possesses one.
- For the Diremites in The Shrouded Maw for the battlefield against Diabolos during Darkness Named, see Diremite (NM).
The prefix Dire has been used to imply a powerful form of a conventional animal (i.e., a real animal as opposed to a fictional creature, like a Chimera or Behemoth) in role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons. Thus, a Diremite would be a very powerful, dangerous Mite. The Dire- category originated from the Dire Wolf (Canis dirus), a large wolf that lived during the last Ice Age in North America. It went extinct 10,000 years ago. A mite is an arachnid belonging to Subclass Acarina. Mites reside in a wide array of habitats. Some live freely on land or in water, some are plant or animal parasites. Chiggers and ticks also belong to Subclass Acarina.