- Talk to Raustigne at (I-7) in Southern San d'Oria (S) for a lengthy cutscene.
- Go to Jugner Forest (S) and check the Elegant Footprints near the center edge of H-6 and I-6 for a cutscene. They are near the stump with the ??? used in Claws of the Griffon. It is easily reached by entering Jugner Forest (S) from the Survival Guide in East Ronfaure (S).
- After a question-and-answer section, you will be asked for either a slice of Lynx Meat, a Gold Beastcoin, or a Nyumomo Doll.
- Checking the Elegant Footprints again will remind you of the item needed.
- Replaying the cutscene at a Goblin Footprint may result in a different item being requested, but this has no impact on the quest itself.
- The item needed appears to vary based on the day you began the cutscene and the answers given. See Talk page for testimonies.
- Zone, then trade your item to the Elegant Footprints for a cutscene.
- Recommended: Kill Wandering Saplings in the area following the trail spanning from (E-11) to (F-8) for a Cernunnos Bulb, which you will need in the next mission. This area is accessible from the Elegant Footprints location earlier by heading south to the Campaign site then west following the trail.