|NW Apollyon||1||A, L, T(S)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Killing the Gorynichs on this floor drastically reduces Cynoprosopi's Maximum HP, Attack, Accuracy and Attack Speed.
- Susceptible to, sleep, bind, stun and gravity.
- Possible to kill with 1 competent BLM. However, it's much safer to sleep nuke with 3-4 BLMs and a RDM.
- Possible to duo with 2 BLU, though rather difficult. We ended up relying on a Reraise and kiting until weakened wore. (Note: Runs very slowly, so blink-tank kiting was very efficient).
- Drops a coin chest when defeated.
- Even at 99, this monster hits very hard. Make sure to kill all the Goryinchs in the room. Aggroed me and destroyed me as 99BLU/DNC, 600+ damage a hit with cocoon up.
Cynoprosopi is one of the names for a tribe of people in Greek mythology. More commonly called the Cynocephali (Kunokephaloi), they were a race of dog-headed humans found in either India or Africa. They were dark skinned and did not speak, only barked. They wore beast hides and were considered primitive. It is believed this is a distorted account describing baboons. Cynoprosopi means "dog-faced" in Greek. In another account, Cynoprosopi is said to be the name of an animal residing in the Sahara Desert which has the body, legs, and wings of a dragon, but the head of a dog. Despite being draconic, it is covered with fur and has a beard. It makes sharp hisses, not roars. It is a predator to antelopes and goats.