Used in Recipes
- Yield: Silver Ingot x 1
- HQ 1: Mythril Nugget x 6
- HQ 2: Darksteel Ingot x 1
- Lightning Crystal
- 1 x Curtana
Obtained from Desynthesis
How to Obtain
|Cannot be sold on the Auction House or delivered, but can be traded and bazaared.|
- Obtained from examining the ??? that spawns in the small rooms throughout Ve'Lugannon Palace every 3 real hours. (5-25-2020 - Confirmed)
- The ??? will despawn and move to a different spawn point if left alone for an unknown amount of time.
- Please note that the ??? for this item will depop if its respective NM is killed or reset the timer for its next due pop time.
- If you examine the ??? with a full inventory (mistake) and do not get the Curtana the ??? will respawn in a different location immediately.
In European folklore, Curtana was the sword of Edward the Confessor (King of Anglo-Saxon England from 1042-1066 AD, the 2nd to last Anglo-Saxon ruler before the Normans invaded and took over in 1066AD). The ceremonial sword is used at the coronation of British monarchs. The sword has a dull edge and is said to be an emblem of mercy. It is said to be forged using the same steel and temper as Durandal and Joyeuse.
Cortana (spelled with an o in this instance) was also, according to legend, the sword of Ogier the Dane; it bore the inscription "My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durandal"