Puppetmaster Automatons only cast this spell when equipped with a Soulsoother Head.Effects of Cursna are made Area of Effect by Divine Veil or Accession.
Cursna and Doom
- This spell also attempts to remove Doom, however it is not guaranteed to succeed. Chance of success is dependent on Healing Magic skill level. At 500 skill, the base chance is 26% At higher skill levels, the base chance is increased. Equipment that enhances the Cursna Effect (e.g. "Cursna" +X or Potency of "cursna" effects received +X) increase the base chance from Healing Skill multiplicatively, so +5 would add +5% to the base rate, increasing it in total from 26% to 27.3% at 500 Healing Magic Skill. With enough Healing Magic Skill and +potency gear, it is theoretically possible to increase the chance of Doom removal to 100%
- When Cursna fails to remove Doom, a different message is produced in the log ("the spell fails to take effect"), as opposed to the usual "no effect" message when there is no status effect to be removed.
- Cursna cannot remove Curse (Special) status (otherwise known as "zombie" or "ST20" status, the type that prevents all forms of HP/MP recovery). See Esuna or Sacrifice or Benediction for remedy there.
- When used in conjunction with the level 50 White Mage trait Divine Veil, or the Scholar's Accession stratagem, Cursna can remove curse or possibly doom from the entire party.
- Divine Caress may potentially grant Doom protection when used along with this spell, but only if the doom removal attempt succeeds. Divine Caress does not enhance the probability of Doom removal.
Alter Egos with Status Recovery spells: Ferreous Coffin, Ingrid/II*, Joachim, Karaha-Baruha, King of Hearts, Kupipi**, Mihli Aliapoh, Nashmeira/II, Shikaree Z; Apururu (UC), Pieuje (UC), Sylvie (UC), Yoran-Oran (UC).
Legend: *prioritizes Cursna. **prioritizes -na spells.
How to Obtain
|Magic of Vana'diel: Healing Magic|
|Magic of Vana'diel|