HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Respawn time is 20-30 minutes from the Nauls at (E-9).
- Always flies.
- Does not melee.
- It DOES attack, however. Its normal "hits" appear to be earth elemental magic, though (damage reduced by Saline Coat, Barstone, and Earth Carol).
- Can use Bai Wing for ~600. Additional effect Slow can proc on Bai Wing, but can be resisted with earth resist setup and Barstone.
- If you pull it down through the encampment toward Conflux #3, there is a somewhat hidden ledge where the alliance can stand without danger of getting hit by AOE if the NM is tanked further down the hill. Similar to Astral Flow in prime avatar fights.
- Will spam Ochre Blast after using Mighty Strikes (will use it multiple times)
- Can be avoided in the same way as Bai Wing, but you'll need to stay on a tank's HP for this part of the fight.
- Ochre Blast does roughly 350-400 per use.
- Will take Melee damage despite being in the air while Mighty Strikes is active.
- Can cast Slowga, Stoneskin, and Breakga.
- Does not use Draw In.
- Has increased movement speed.
- Regurgitation cast from behind appears to be particularly effective. 80BLU/RDM with NQ water staff, +26INT, +36 MND, and +8 Magic Attack Bonus landed regurgitation consistently for around ~284-300.
- Unlike Ouryu, Cuelebre is susceptible to Stun. Additionally, Temporal Shift landed reliably without a Thunder Staff, even though he seems to be resistant to Thunder spells.
- This NM can be trio'd. Just did it as WAR/RNG with a WHM and PUP, all lvl 80. PUP's BLM automaton should be set to full MDB gear and continuously nuking to hold hate. I only pulled hate for a few seconds after every Sidewinder, which had no problem landing with 236 Archery skill. Recommended to pull Cuelebre down past Conflux#3 to the ledge. Took about 15 minutes to kill.
- 3-4 decent PUPs can take him with ease.
Cuélebre, or Culebre, is a giant winged serpent-dragon of the Asturian and Cantabrian mythology, that lives in a cave, guards treasures and keeps xanas as prisoners. Although they are immortal, they grow old as the time goes by and their scales become thick and impenetrable, and flag wings grow in their bodies. They don't usually move, and when they do it, it is in order to eat cattle and people. One can kill the cuélebre giving him as meal a red-hot stone or a bread full of pins. Its spit it is said to turn into a magic stone which heals many diseases.