- You might get Chocobo on the Loose! first, instead of this quest. This is a separate and unrelated quest, that you don't have to do or finish, in order to complete the quest to obtain a Chocobo License. To by-pass Chocobo on the Loose!:
- Talk to Brutus a 2nd time, he will mention text about the Chocobo on the Loose! quest saying that it probably went to La Theine Plateau.
- Talk to Brutus a 3rd time, and this time he will ask, "What's your problem? You wanna ride a Chocobo?". This marks the start of the Chocobo's Wounds quest in which you can obtain your Chocobo License.
- You will need 4 Gausebit Grass to complete the Chocobo's Wounds quest. These can be obtained in Meriphataud Mountains from defeating Crane Flies or in Dangruf Wadi from Wadi Hare. (The flies are stronger but have a much higher drop rate than the hares. The flies are found near the outpost in Meriphataud Mountains.) The Gausebit Grass can also be bought from the Auction House under Weapons>Ammo&Misc>Pet Items.
- Talk to Brutus to start the quest, and answer his 2 questions.
- Trade a clump of Gausebit Grass to the Chocobo that's next to the child-NPC Osker.
- The Chocobo will not accept the grass at this time.
- Come back the next game day and try to feed it again.
- The Chocobo will again not accept the grass at this time.
- Come back again for the third time and feed it.
- Successfully feed it three more times (once per game day) to complete the quest.
- You are not required to give the Gausebit Grass to the Chocobo in successive days. You can skip several days between the feedings.
- Help nurse the chocobo back to health. It seems to have suffered both mentally and physically. Gausebit wildgrass may do the trick.