Charm is a water based negative status effect that causes afflicted characters to start physically attacking whoever the monster is currently engaged in combat with. Charmed players cannot access menus, use macros, or input text commands (except for chat-related commands) until the effect has worn off.
Charmed players have their pets de-spawned (although, times are not reset) also have a reduced movement speed. TP is not retained when the status effect wears off.
Players who are charmed are treated as foes and can be attacked by other players, though no experience points penalty is incurred if you are defeated while charmed.
How the effect is inflicted/gained
- Cirrate Christelle - Fragrant Breath
- Colibri - Wisecrack (Mocking Colibri & Chamrosh)
- Corses - Danse Macabre, Gala Macabre (Xolotl only)
- Chariots - Brainjack
- Eccentric Eve - Tainting Breath*
- Lamiae - Belly Dance (certain NMs only)
- Nant'ina - Attractant
- Orcs - Fanatic Dance (Dynamis NMs only)
- Poroggo - Frog Song*, Frog Chorus* (NMs only)
- Rafflesia - Floral Bouquet (Only charms surrounding monsters), Soothing Aroma (Can charm players; Kirtimukha only)
- Rani - Enthrall*
- Seed Crystal - Seed of Deference*
- Yovra - Luminous Drape
- Vampyr - Nocturnal Servitude*
- * Charm abilities have a costume effect (e.g. frogs, bats, mandragora).