When trying this, Goldagrik turned away a player he should come back when "he's seen more of the world". However, I was able to do this on my mule which hasn't done any quests or missions except subjob quest. Any ideas?
- Did that player have WotG expansion installed and registered to that Content ID? - Hiachi 04:59, 28 December 2008 (UTC)
I have friends in my LS that have this problem: They talk to Chatnachoq and buy her Maze Tabula M01 instead of getting the free stuff from Goldagrik. Even after dropping the tabula, Goldagrik will not give them the key item, two runes, and the tabula you start with. Big mess-up on Square Enix's side? Or do they have to wait longer? I do not believe you can make your own maze without the tattered Maze Monger pouch. JackVanElraton
With the rune that makes enemies very powerful on the kill all enemy maze: Level 61 synced. 80-90 exp per kill (all mobs VT-IT), 1561 exp from chest. Sabareq 03:43, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
I think this falls under this Area:
"The lowest level member of the party determines the level range of the monsters in the maze. The monsters will check between Decent Challenge and Tough to the lowest level character in the party. Monsters defeated in a maze will only grant 50% of their usual experience. (IE, an even match gives 50 exp) "
For the Sanitization Team Alpha, The reason you only get 50% Exp per Mob is because 50% of the Exp goes to the "Chest" at the end of the Fight, and is Doubled (or something close to Double'd), This is why Conditioning Contract helps with exp runs, cause it makes it take 75% instead of 50%.
I see a Voucher 01, a Voucher 04, and a Voucher 07... is it just me or is it odd that it skips a few numbers..? think possibly New Vouchers can drop from NMs or even chests that no one has obtained yet? or maybe SE plans to add more in the near future... lol, @.@; Trunxrdm 06:22, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
They said they had plans to expand upon the current system if it proved popular. This would likely be in the form of more vouchers (types of mazes), more tabula (different potential variations), and more runes. Pure speculation, but they could make vouchers for mazes that include more intuitive puzzles (like locked treasure caskets, only more complex and always solvable), or even possibly mazes that allow for PvP. They've already shown us that these mazes allow for lots of rules customization, and they may use this as a side outlet for small rules bending. A rune that disables your subjob, or even makes your sub level 75. The possibilities are really endless for what they could do with this. --◄Chrisjander► t/ c 06:38, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Level Sync Voucher 4
After entering the maze if you are in waiting room, u pop up level sync to a Lv 1 job then enter rest of way. The mobs all scale down to Level sync Lv, now if you take level sync off do mobs change levels too? or they stay weaker? Trunxrdm 06:31, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- Just tried this, level sync has no effect on Voucher 04. The mobs will ignore it and still be lvl 75 (or whatever your highest party member is). We synced to 37, and I got 3 shotted by a crab. They never become weakened, to answer the question. Giichi Hiro 17:28, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Liquidation NM Level
Before we just automaticly assume the NM is automaticly lv 80, has anyoen contemplated maybe the NM scales to highest member of party, in the way mobsscale to lowest member of party in sanitization?
Has anyone attempted this without a 75? Like with a full party of lv 30s? The mob may just automaticly be 5 levels above the highest member. --Urat 08:08, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
It scales, Could land spells on it as a 17 blm solo, hit for around 100 with no gear on.
Didn't SE mention something about being able to make money by having other people be able to buy use of our mazes without us being in the party. has anyone figured out how to do this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Adalast (talk • contribs).
Done Maze Mongers twice, once from friend's Tabula, once from mine, recieved about 17k gils 1 or 2 days after from Goldagrik via delivry box, anyone else recieved gils from Goldagrix ? Slot 2:17,667 gil, sent to you by ==Goldagrik==. --Woufi 12:54, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- This is about the bug in MMM at the beginning. The moblin was taking far too much than 100 gil, which was quickly patched by SE. You received a refund for it because you were a victim of the aforementioned bug. --Jeff 22:26, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
I have gotten some money off of the mazes but that is because I was in Jeuno /shout -ing asking for money to have people use my maze for the day.
NM's in MMM
It was overlooked and I just noticed this tonight, on a fanfest video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Jyaz7yVsY an NM was engaged and not many realize confirmation it was an NM because where hes hitting the mob and it says "you hit "the" " look again, it doesn't say the it just carries to the mob's name. Which means for the people that don't know, it is in fact an NM because it doesn't say he hits "the" siltin, it says "you hit siltin".(like 1% of ffxi population ever realizes this so just explaining lol :D) Drops are obviously unconfirmed and because of lack of dat gear added I'm leaning towards already existing gear drops but at an extremely lower rate then normal. Obviously there is no way to confirm that part yet, however the NM part is. ~Unrealdj Siren Dec 19 08'
- This isn't true at all. Off the top of my head, it's "the Valkurm Emperor" and "the Roc" - are you going to argue they're not NMs? Whether it has "the" or not is a matter of English grammar and has only an indirect relationship to whether it's a normal monster or not (this being that NMs tend to actually have names while monsters virtually always are just a representation of their species - it's not always the case). --Malumultimus 08:20, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
- " Garuda hits the Hydra for 32 points of damage." enough said --Septroth
Does anyone know the combination for a Fafnir-type enemy with Maze Voucher 07? I'm guessing you just have to have the "Dragon" Rune but i don't know for sure, can anyone confirm? Someone I know has gotten a normal Dragon type enemy (not Shadow Dragon type) but didn't ask the person what they were using, if anyone knows let me know thanks. --Elaxia~ T~C 22:49, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
All lure species runes are not compatible with Voucher 07 --Urat 19:47, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
I have to agree with Elaxia because I was there for it and helped take the picture. The funguar is here: Fungic Koti. It seems only certain runes can be used in 07, mob wise. --Yasashikuiono 23:31, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
Reorg of main page
I think it would make the most sense to move the information on "Maze Types" to the corresponding voucher pages, since that's where the information would make the most sense, I think. Thoughts? --ShadowsFell 17:12, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
I was thinking about this too. But, I'm kinda a n00b at editing so... yeah. Not sure my opinion means much. --Kyaannii 04:53, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
I went ahead and created pages for the 3 known maze types, and added links to their voucher pages. Hopefully, I did so in a somewhat "sensical" manner. Thoughts? --Kyaannii 06:10, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- I think that works out pretty well. I did re-org the Maze Types and Difficulty sections, basically combined them and redid the layout a bit. I think the information on the "XXX Team" pages works well. The only thing lacking now is a way to cross-reference / link all MMM pages together ... I think the MMM page should be a Category probably, with all related pages being a member (see the section Requested Moves on this page) --ShadowsFell 15:15, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Anyone know if you can enter with an alliance, or if it's limited to 6 people? --Urth 19:21, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- Tried Voucher 01 with an alliance and the second party didn't enter. Voucher 07 is the only one I would assume might be different. Giichi Hiro 12:29, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Titles and Voucher 07
Are the charmable type mobs in the Mazes charmable? Like the Lizards you fight in here? --Taruzard 01:52, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, they are. My first run, my friend went BST main, and I went /BST, and we were both able to Charm the mob types you'd expect. —Feauce 08:27, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Awesome, looks like I'll be trying this out as BST :D --Taruzard 16:18, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Yes you can get charmable mobs, but not always. I did a couple runs with some guys from my pet job LS. First run we got Efts and saplings, next run was Jnun and Greater Birds. We were all lvl 75 and mobs were EM - T. --Dalimar 22:45, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Has anyone figured out what the other 2 maze tabulas do. Like are they just the same as the first one but allow you to have an elemental influence on your maze? That and give you a different shape for the tabula to make it easier/difficult to place your runes on it --OneWingedAngelo1
If you already have and have used a Rune (say 017) and you get it in your maze... can you get the rune again? Or does it stop you like it would if you had it in your inventory. --OneWingedAngelo1
you can get the same runes again but yiu cant use them and put them in the tabule, you cant trade them or sell them either. so prolly best thing to do is check if you have it and if you do give it to another party member else it goes to waste --Jethro-slagter 13:46, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
Is there a way to start a list of rune combinations, marbles recieved, mobs in maze, etc? Perrico 22:07, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
This should probably be a category similar to Category:Pankration, so all the subitems/categories can be easily linked. The Maze Tabula, and Maze Runes, should be subcategories. Thoughts? --ShadowsFell 14:36, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- I added the move template, for discussion --ShadowsFell 14:39, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
I agree, or move it to battle fields, since its kind of like limbus/einherjar. Maybe have sub sections for each of the 3 maze types along with the runes and the tabula. I wouldnt consider it like a hobby since it actually requires you to fight in a battle. That's just my two cents. --Milkjug 18:27, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
Makes sense. Dogtato 08:35, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Agree. --Darium 14:13, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
Well, seems to have a consensus. I'd do the cut/create of Category:Moblin_Maze_Mongers, but I don't know how to do the redirect from this page ;) --ShadowsFell 05:37, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
- This should be left to the wiki admins, they have the power to do a proper move, preserving the edit history.--Anthoron T/ C 05:46, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Ran "Sanitation" 3 times: I'm getting 15 Marbles a run.. Is that the max (Excluding the mob level rune)? --18:11, 26 December 2008 (UTC)
- Using runes such as "Trial by <x>" will increase marbles received in runs ... see the table in main page of Maze Runes --ShadowsFell 04:30, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
Multiple Rune drops possible in one run (voucher 01)
Posted this on Maze Runes talk, but just wanted to mention it here as well. It IS possible to have multiple runes drop in one run of Voucher 01. I only used rune 001 ("Aquan"), did not use 106 and 109, and did not touch the forcer. In fact, didn't even pop ... as a BST I charmed one of the first groups of Mobs (Sea Monk type), and used it in second set. Got Maze Rune 39 and 40 from Hoardbox. --ShadowsFell 04:24, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
- Merely a coincidence. I've done the same thing, and no rune drops. Fairly confident that runes in the tabula do not affect rune drops. I've done upwards of 50 Mazes with several different configurations, and have found no similarity within rune drops. They're literally just random, or have a set percentage for a drop rate.Giichi Hiro 18:56, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
MMM Guide by Areis Pand I'm not sure where i should link this to... but i think it's got a fair amount of information about how the different mazes work. Please let me know if there's anything you think I'm missing and I'll do my best to keep it up to date. Also if someone would be so kind as to link this appropriately where someone will see it that would be appreciated. Areis Pand 08:46, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
Just got Rune 041 and Rune 043 on a mule's run, with just the 2 startrunes equipped. Mindi 00:12, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
Has anyone done much experimenting with these? Also has anyone figured out how to unlock each one. I have earned 1175 marbles and I am able to get Maze Navigator and I know that 1070 is not enough for maze scholar (that is if it is based on Marbles) I havent been keeping track of how many maze runs I have done... (i wish there was a way to find out this number)--OneWingedAngelo1
- If you go to Chatnachoq's page, there's a chart thats been started about how many marbles need to be earned, and how many need to be spent.Giichi Hiro
- I edited the table/description to match Chatnachoq's page, and put in a link to point to Chatnachoq's talk page --ShadowsFell 20:55, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
Just did this on 9/8/09 after update went with a level 1 job to farm tabs it was giving 9 tabs instead of 22 tabs for a run so thin s/e messed with it.Funsam 00:48, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Quick run of an old 45-marble farm maze, sanit. team alpha. Maze now yeilds 22 marbles upon timely completion, with no CC points built up. Shall we start looking at new baseline numbers for all vouchers? --Enigmatica 03:47, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
First time posting, apologies if I screwed up. Please inform me if I have! :)
We (a lv1 MNK and lv75 RDM) also went on the typical 45~marble run, we only got 18 marbles at the end of it. However, a second chest popped straight after, which only the leader could open. The RDM got a message saying 'The treasure chest is sealed shut and defies your attempts to open it.' Upon opening, 57 marbles dropped to me only. This was after the April update, as well as the extra update which focused on MMM specifically. --Ratie 01:29, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
-Can anyone confirm this?Jared Fox 17:02, 28 April 2009 (UTC)-- lol, just confirmed it. Leader popped the chest and a message "Yet another treasure chest has revealed itself!"Jared Fox 17:27, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
My belief is that this was put in place as an effort to stop players from creating level 1 mules (alternate accounts - dualboxing) and hoarding 10x as many marbles as players without additional mules. I personally used to do this, but I also believe if I'm paying the extra 12.95 a month for a second account, or 1.00 per mule, I deserve the perks. There was no reason to nerf this! Now hardly anyone wants to do MMM. --Overgryph 13:25, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
- ALSO, I went in on my 75 job today and took a level 66 to try and make all mobs easy prey, and they checked all tough. I believe this little trick has been patched. --Overgryph 13:25, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
--Did a quick marble run yesterday. Leader was the low level player and the second chest didn't spawn. Never had a problem with that before. Maybe the leader cannot be the low man to get the second chest? Any other ideas? Perrico 21:58, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
If the leader is KO'd and zones out, the party can still remain in the zone. However, you can not re-enter the maze, thus the treasure chest can not be opened. --Lord0din69 04:43, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Not sure where to put this but on doign the mmm nm fight doing bloodpacts in waiting room and then zoning down reset blood pact time to 0 for instant recast Heimdall77 17:32, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
Maze Voucher 08
- You have to buy the Voucher 08 from the Goblin shop and it cost 100 marbles.
When you go into the maze, you have to fish against the 2 Moat Carp Quest NPC's and each fish you catch is worth a certain number of points. Whoever team reaches 3000 points first wins.
You can get a MMM rod and various MMM Bait from the first Moblin you see when you enter.
I've only done it twice (party of 3), but we won the second time. When you win, you get to pick someone (3 choices to select from) to fish up your prize - my party member picked Leppi-Rippi and he got a .2 Fishing skill up, and the treasure pool had a Terrapin and 2 Shining trouts.
Oh, two things I forgot to mention...
1. If you catch up a monster, wait until you catch an actual fish and turn it in to the Moblin. You'll get 100 extra points for it.
2. There are "Feathered Foes" that run around stealing your catches, so be careful!
--Lukiki 22:49, November 9, 2009 (UTC)
- I would like to try this maze, but my fishing skill is very low still (15). Any idea if it varies the difficulty? And what happens if I do this with a LS friend with a fishing skill of 50? Thanks Perrico 22:04, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Fishing skill does not seem to matter. My LS and I all have varying fishing skill, but we all seem to be able to catch the same fish. Also, the page says something about varying difficulty. I have not seen that. Three of us went in, needed 3000 points to win. I went in solo, still needed 3000 points, and the npc's both seemed to reel in fish about the same speed they did when we went in trio. One more thing: be careful of the monsters you fish up. Depending on the type, they can eat your catches also. Slimes are the worst as they eat the little fish and the big fish from your hands. Perrico 22:40, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Ordering a maze
- I keep getting the message "the hands of darkness prevent you from entering."
any idea what keeps causing this or is it just because too many people trying to enter at same time?
Perrico 22:44, June 30, 2010 (UTC)
- It seems that this message is also given in some WoTG events and is basically a "server is busy at the moment" message. Perrico 22:42, July 27, 2010 (UTC)