POST MAY 10th UPDATE DYNA NOTES
Dynamis - San D'Oria
Some of what you find here will apply to all zones, some is sandy specific
Time Extension - these you will find in the form of Warchief Tombstones. My group found 2 in the short run we did, 1 was lost due to de-agro (they move slow, and theres 1-2 mobs that will link most likely). we got a KI and an extra 10 min for killing 1 stone. It respawned rather quickly, but gave nothing when killed again. I'm guessing there are 6 stones in the zone and each will give 10 min, but only once per run per stone. There is 1 TE stone on top of the AH. there was a stone not far from the entrance up a flight of wooden stairs i assume would have been another 10 min TE had it not despawned on me.
Invisible will work and allow you to go through the whole zone without fighting anything. There might be some truesight mobs somewhere, but we didn't find any.
All pets now despawn after the bst/smn/drg mob that called them is defeated
We had a group of 8, pld drk thf(TH6) rdm rdm blm war war(bravura)
I recieved 25-35 xp per mob, unchained. Chain #1 would give close to 100 xp. might have been my mind playing tricks on me, but it seemed drops were better on chained mobs. a total of 4-5 singles dropped the whole run. I did manage to steal a single as well.
2 ra/ex pop items dropped from regular mobs, an odius cryptex and an odius leather (odius leather ... something, i forget the items exact name)
we ran out of time before we could use the cryptex, but we found the ??? where you use the odius leather. its located in the pen next to the chocobo stables.
odius leather spawned an nm orc, Steelshank Vanbekan (i'm 100% sure "Vanbekan" is wrong, its close though). Steelshank used a spear as a weapon, called in a hecteyes pet, and used invincible, so hes at least pld and bst, possibly more. He hit fairly hard, and the Hecteyes was casting tier V nukes on us. we didn't want to kill the Hecteyes and potentialy get charmed, but they don't sleep well either. We wiped in about ~5 min, but had him down to 50%. None of the regular mobs in the area wander into the pen, so we had a safe spot to fight right where the ??? is, but there isn't any room to kite unless you clear the surrounding area first. theres ~6-8 mobs there, and they'll probably start respawning before you're done clearing them, or shortly after. I'd recomend a thf or nin taking the hecteyes on solo w/ support and let the rest of the group take the nm.
thats all I have from this 1 short run. I will add info as i get it, and encourage everyone else to do so as well. specificaly i would like to see more info on pop items, pop locations, and info on the NMs. Since the normal mobs dropped so little in the way of currency, I'm thinking that the NMs will drop significant amounts. Either that or SE lies.
I apologize to everyone, but i see this has ended up as a note at the bottom of all the dyna pages. if anyone can fix this it would be much apreciated. -shaggnix-
- Originally posted By Asura.Daiiawn 2011-05-16 03:48:10 on FFXIAH forums; and reposted here fyi/comment/debate:
- My current theory (for processing weakness's in new dyna) is something along the lines of -
- Staggers have 3 levels, Basic (Blue), Medium (Yellow), Full (Red)
- Crimson TE - Allow you to proc on ws mobs
- Azure TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs
- Amber TE - Allow you to proc on Magic mobs
- Alabastor/Obsidian - Either change your stagger to a certain color, or bump it 1 "level"
- --Endlesspath 00:03, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
Post June 2010 Update
I've been hearing reports from various people, though none of them entirely credible, that SE increased the difficulty of the dynamis mobs. Has noticed any notable/significant changes to the beastmen within the zones or were people expecting that level 76-80 would make the zones 100x easier than they used to be and are being stupd? Doluka 19:38, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
9 May 2011 Update
- It is important to note your Dynamis time begins when you trade your Perpetual Hourglass. DO NOT TRADE YOUR GLASS MORE THAN A MAXIMUM OF 5 MINUTES PRIOR TO ENTRY. Any more than that will waste precious time you have in the zone.
- By using the Perpetual Hourglass as an item, the Hourglass will create a copy of itself.
- This can be used to create an infinite number of Perpetual Hourglasses for other people to enter the same Dynamis area, though only the maximum number specified for that area may actually enter.
- Once a person trades a Perpetual Hourglass to the markings that slot becomes permanently reserved for the rest of the run. Once the maximum amount of people have entered a Dynamis zone, no others will be allowed entry.
- For example, if 64 people enter Dynamis Bastok - only those same characters will be able to use an hourglass to enter the dynamis area, regardless of how many people are currently in the area.
- During the reservation period, anyone in possession of the Hourglass (or an Hourglass created from that original Hourglass) can enter that area.
Altered text regarding use of Prismatic Hourglass but have not yet tested 'old-style' entry so taking game text on trust have just yanked the above as reservations are no longer possible. Vevau 20:57, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Dynamis Story Line
I've started adding the Game Script to the Dynamis pages, but as I'm looking through the scripts, it looks like each area contains all the scripts... are they always done in a certain order, regardless of which one you're entering? I assumed it was base don where you enter, as Franmage first talked to me in Sandy, then Ulrich in Bastok... But perhaps my expierance is just a coincidence... --Avanent 19:42, 20 May 2007 (CDT)
Question About Drop Rates
I've never been to the new Dynamis areas yet, but my LS has 3 times and not had good experiences. They are under the opinion the drop rates blows so much they won't even really consider going back any time soon. I was just wondering if the drop rate (on all items, currancy and AF pieces) are really as bad as they make out, or if they just had a really bad 3 experiences? Chernabog 22:13, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- The drop rates are about the same as the Original ones. In other words, terrible, as far as Af is considered. The regular Dynamis currancy (i.e. single value currancy) drop fairly regularly. --Pinkfae 22:32, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- I don't think it was necessary to double post the question, but check the valkurm talk page for my take. --Ichthyos 22:49, 12 August 2006 (EDT)
- I just started Dynamis, I've been through Bastok's and Sandy's and will be doing Windy's this week. We seem to get about 3-4 AF2 drops a run, and about 6-7 Relic weapon drops. 1 to 4 pieces of currency seem to drop once every couple of kills. --Avanent 19:06, 20 May 2007 (CDT)
- Ya, I had posted on the Valk one originally then figured the question was perhaps better suited to the main Dynamis article. Didn't think to remove the one on Valk. Chernabog 02:15, 14 August 2006 (EDT)
Front image. Unless there is a reason for the change, self serving changes of this image is unnecessary. Reverted. --Gahoo 11:34, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
You won't be able to revert it because the user changed the original image as well as adding a new one. --Pinkfae 11:35, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
there's a reason for image change.
better shows final goal of dynamis -> killing dynamis lord, as in picture.
im not in the ls that its in the picture, so this isnt advertising for ls or self serving. - FFXIPlayer.
- While I guess that is DL's leg, it otherwise doesn't add much IMO, and the other picture has a rectangle size that I think looks a lot better. --Gahoo 14:09, 15 August 2006 (EDT)
- my apologies didn't mean to come across snide, i can provide better picture of dl himself if you want, but i think is better overall picture to represent dynamis in my opinion. -FFXIPlayer.
-- found a better picture used this one instead hope its more acceptable -FFXIPlayer
I do NOT like this picture. The old was quite adiquate. Changing the image because of some spat you have with the other LS is completely unnecessary. I say revert it. --Edamus 12:14, 18 August 2006 (EDT)
- I don't like pictures (on any part of the wiki) that include character names. I'd prefer to only see the mobs or environment. If characters must be shown, I'd rather the names be turned off. Chernabog 04:15, 20 August 2006 (EDT)
- agreed. My only qualm with the current image is that it is rather stretched, which makes th epage look less proffesional. --Avanent 19:06, 20 May 2007 (CDT)
I know that people like to keep their trade secrets, but I'm new to dynamis personally and I would appreciate some more basic information on how the mobs work in these zones. I have gone to dynamis 2 times and I know there is some connection between the statues and the beastmen, but I have never been on the front lines so it's unclear how they're connected. The maps that are provided on all the ffxiclopedia Dynamis pages seem to have good info, but how do we use it? I'd be willing to help flesh out the articles as I learn more about Dynamis. Hilkiah 11:01, 13 September 2006 (EDT)
I recently heard rumors that in the june update SE would be increasing drop rate of northland dynamis (xarcabard,beaucedine) i just recently did a dynamis beaucedine this evening, we had rdm,blm,thf,whm,pld,brd,war, and smn. i have reason to believe this rumor is true, if anyone else has any other info about this plz post. thank you and good luck
Unless its documented by Square-Enix somewhere, its just simply that, a rumor. Or mere luck. --Talk 20:40, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Who came up with the term "Dreamworld Dynamis"? Dynamis itself is a dreamworld (that real creatures can enter), so it really makes no sense. Unless it's called that somewhere in the game or by SE, wouldn't (Rise of the) Zilart and (Chains of) Promathia Dynamis make more sense? --Joped 15:46, 23 February 2007 (EST)
Dreamworld dynamis comes from the first CS that clears you for the COP Dynas. --Gatsby 15:59, 23 February 2007 (EST)
I stand corrected. Thank you. --Joped 16:19, 23 February 2007 (EST)
Created a Dynamis Items page to associate with the See Also section here. Contains each of the original 6 Dynamis areas drops and what Stage 2 Relic Weapon they're associated with upgrading. --Charitwo 16:43, 28 February 2007 (EST)
Time Extention Tables On each page
i made a template for doing a time extention table on each daynmis page if you wanna help it would speed it up and make it easy for ppl currently not doing dyna to jump back into it with the new updated rules and tes= procs and all:
|Mob Name Here||Simulacrum||Time Extension - "Notes go here"
this should help everyone Weedies 19:45, December 22, 2011 (UTC)