The Walk of Echoes plays host to a series of battlefields designed for up to 36 players.
Entering the Walk of Echoes
Players may warp to the Walk of Echoes by examining the Veridical Conflux located in Xarcabard (S) while in possession of the "Kupofried's Medallion" key item. The key item may be purchased by examining the same conflux and speaking with the Moogle Kupofried. It also costs 1000 gil.
- To enjoy the battle content offered in the Walk of Echoes, players must be level 70 or above and have progressed to the " Cait Sith" mission of the Wings of the Goddess expansion.
Walk of Echoes Battlefields
Upon arrival at the Walk of Echoes, players will encounter several more veridical confluxes, each of which acts as a portal to a battlefield. The need to lay claim to battlefields has been omitted from the Walk of Echoes, and any one may enter and partake in battle until the maximum capacity of thirty-six adventurers has been reached. The time limit for each battle is 30 minutes, with no extensions possible. The clock will start ticking the instant the enemy is engaged, and participants must vanquish all monsters that appear within the allotted time in order to secure victory.
- The key item Kupofreid's Medallion will be expended upon entry into a battlefield. To reacquire the key item, players must wait one Vanadiel day before examining the veridical conflux located in Xarcabard [S] once more and paying 1000 gil.
Temporary Items will be made available to players should certain conditions be fulfilled. While these will be distributed among all participants, the type of item obtained by each character will be determined randomly.
The number of battlefields available will at first be limited, but more can be unlocked in succession by cooperating with other players and securing victory in preceding battlefields. Additional battlefields are being planned for future version updates.
- Inside of the battlefields, there is no EXP loss if you die.
- You can receive skill-ups inside the battlefields.
- Each person is rated on a similar system to Campaign.
- The top five participants will receive an exclusive message upon clearing the battlefield, signalling them that they have qualified for exclusive loot, the chest that they have gained the right to open, will be spawned directly beneath their feet when the message is displayed.
- Upon pulling the first monster, the battle will begin, the thirty minute time limit will start, and enemies will attack in waves.
- Non-boss monsters have normal movement speed, making it easy to kite around the rugged terrain.
- Boss monsters do not appear to have movement speed+ however they have a longer then normal attack radius, making movement speed+ gear a necessity to kite them.
- Monsters appear to have bonus damage on targets lower then 80.
- As only the Boss monsters need to be killed in order to win, most successful groups in Walk of Echoes utilise a 'sac pull' method to only pull the boss monsters. The pullers must be outside of the alliance as monsters have Alliance hate.
- utilizing the above method will completely ruin pretty much anyone except for samurais, white mages, and black mages chances at getting lotting rights at the loot. as your only killing 4 monsters, you have to do super high super fast damage, or crank out a huge amount of healing magic. THIS METHOD IS ILL ADVISED AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!
Battlefield participants will have numerous opportunities to obtain reward items. - All participants may cast lots upon items dropped by monsters. - Vanquishing all foes within the allotted time will produce a treasure chest, and only those participants whose contribution to the battle was deemed satisfactory will be granted the right to cast lots upon the contents. - Highly evaluated combatants will be further rewarded with bounty befitting their standing.
- Please be warned that regardless of remaining time, all participants will be transported from the battlefield five minutes after either victory is secured, or the treasure chests are opened. Any treasures that remain undistributed by that time may end up dispersed automatically or dropped.
|Veridical Conflux 1||Veridical Conflux 2||Veridical Conflux 3|
|Veridical Conflux 4||Veridical Conflux 5||Veridical Conflux 6|
|Veridical Conflux 7|
See the Talk page for discussion on the battles.
All items (17)
- Veridical Conflux 11
- Veridical Conflux 2
- Veridical Conflux 4
- Veridical Conflux 6
- Veridical Conflux 7
- Veridical Conflux 8