- One of three segments used in creating a Skirmish Simulacra.
- Of the three pieces, this piece in particular affects the area in which the party leader has clearance to enter. Also affects the quality of treasure found within the Treasure Casket that appears after using a Fenestral Key within a Skirmish, similar to a THF's Treasure Hunter Job Trait.
- Depending on the Tier/Rank of the Visage, Oston will charge accordingly.
How to Obtain
- Of the many ways to obtain pieces, the most common way is through Reives.
- Other ways include Mining, Logging and Harvesting. The only downside to this method, (as reported by most players) is the limit in which a player can gather through these methods. Cherished Tools increase the number of times one can procure items while Critical Skill increases the chance of obtaining High Quality yields, thus helping to obtain Simulacra Pieces.
Types of Visage
To this point since the release of the Seekers of Adoulin Expansion, there are 3 types of Skirmish that a player can participate in. Each one with its own unique set of objectives (affected by the tier/rank of Faithful's Torso). The following is a list of the different Visages that can be obtained from the methods explained above.
The otherworldly form of Rala Waterways, in which a certain number of Notorious Monsters are scattered throughout this maze-like labyrinth. Finding these Notorious Monster while avoiding, or slaying the lesser creatures within a set amount of time the objective of this Skirmish. Stealth will not work here, whereas these creatures have all-seeing eyes.
Certain Notorious Monsters will not appear until a certain number of other Notorious Monsters have been slain. Also, paths will be blocked unless these same circumstances are met, so it is best to find a "path" to follow, as well as keeping a Checklist of the monsters that are slain thus far. Using a Fenestral Key will yield a variety of weapons.
Power and speed are key factors to keep in mind in order to accomplish these objectives. Working job combinations can be listed in the Rala Waterways (U) Talk Page
The otherworldly form of Cirdas Caverns, in which numerous monsters lay in wait. Slaying a certain number of creatures is the primary objective, whereas clearing the entire zone is the secondary objective. Higher Tier/Rank Visages for both Rala and Cirdas increase the chance of obtaining higher tier Ghastly Stones. Using a Fenestral Key will yield a variety of weapons, Cirdas Caverns (U) holds one half while the other lies within Rala Waterways (U).
There will be chambers in which a small number of enemies will be seen, however they trigger a second set of monsters to appear. So far, the triggers are:
- Destroying a monster.
- Destroying all monsters within the chamber.
- Being detected by a monster.
Overwhelming power is key. Healing and Support roles need to be wary of how far back these creatures spawn so as to not warrant unwanted enmity.
The otherworldly form of Yorcia Weald, in which an innumerable amount of mobs will march towards a single Cantonment. To defend the Cantonment at all costs is the objective in this Skirmish, for how long is dependent on the Tier/Rank of the Faithful's Torso used in making the Simulacra. Higher tier/rank Visages increase the likelihood of higher quality Verdigris Stones found within the Treasure Casket after using a Fenestral Key. Unlike Rala and Cirdas, Yorcia offers a variety of pieces of Skirmish Armor. These sets of armor are among the best so far within the game, offering a wide variety as well as the highest possible stats conferred to any piece of armor. Lebondopt Wings will occasionally appear within the Treasure Casket, although rare in occurrence, they are used to obtain more pieces of Skirmish Armor through Lola. Another unique aspect of this skirmish is the elusive Dithering Heartwing, defeating this Heartwing will increase the number of pieces of armor obtained after a successful objective. However, this creature is said to appear only after defeating one, or several [[Bestial Dens]. This, along with defeating it before the progress report announcing the possible loot from the second objective make this a challenge worth completing. Information required as to the likelihood of one appearing is needed.
Defeating a Bestial Den prevents more monsters from spawning at that point. Other spawn points outside of the Bestial Den are not affected, and will continue to spawn monsters.
Monsters spawned within the Skirmish are set as to attack and destroy the Cantonment as well as any Stockade created through the use of a Noetic Ascension which are affected by the Tier/Rank of Faithful's Legs. Stockades will take precedence over the Cantonment. Enmity decay is high, as such, Volatile Enmity is needed to prevent them from attacking the Cantonment. Should Enmity decrease on any given mob, it will loose interest and return to its primary objective: Destroying the Cantonment.
While several tactics are possible, it is best to have a wide variety of damage types:
(e.g. Magic,,,) to defeat enemies effectively.
- Oston assembles, as well as sells pieces to create a Simulacra necessary to enter any of the above mentioned Skirmish battlegrounds.
- Lola offers information on the various aspects of all three types of skirmish as well as stores and exchanges Lebondopt Wings for Skirmish Armor.
- Ornery Dhole exchanges Obsidian Fragments for Stones to augment both weapons and armor found in Skirmish.
- Also exchanges Stones for Obsidian Fragments.
All items (20)
- Ra'Kaznar Visage I
- Ra'Kaznar Visage III
- Rala Visage I
- Rala Visage II
- Rala Visage V