Colonizing a primordial continent such as Ulbuka poses challenges that test even the most experienced adventurers. For this reason, many who brave the wilderness have begun banding together and have developed a new style of battle. Any badge-carrying pioneer can join in the quest to clear the harrowing wilds of danger.
Even those without a party can jump into the fray and assist those already dueling the forces of nature! One for all, and all for the continent!
- 1 Participation
- 2 Evaluations
- 3 Important Items
- 4 Types of Reives
- 4.1 Colonization Reive
- 4.1.1 Ceizak Battlegrounds
- 4.1.2 Yahse Hunting Grounds
- 4.1.3 Sih Gates
- 4.1.4 Foret de Hennetiel
- 4.1.5 Moh Gates
- 4.1.6 Morimar Basalt Fields
- 4.1.7 Cirdas Caverns
- 4.1.8 Marjami Ravine
- 4.1.9 Yorcia Weald
- 4.1.10 Dho Gates
- 4.1.11 Woh Gates
- 4.1.12 Kamihr Drifts
- 4.1.13 Outer Ra'Kaznar
- 4.1.14 Ra'Kaznar Inner Court
- 4.2 Lair Reive
- 4.3 Wildskeeper Reive
- 4.1 Colonization Reive
- 5 Source
To participate in a reive, simply approach the area where a battle is taking place (denoted by enemies and players with sword icons by their names).
When a player strays too far from the reive, a warning is displayed in the chat log and the player is given five seconds to return to the reive. If the player does not return within five seconds, he or she is locked out of participation in any reives in the zone for 5 minutes. The maximum allowed distance is 20 yalms from the lair structure. This restriction can be removed by changing zones.
Players' contributions to the reive are periodically assessed, and players are awarded experience points and bayld based on participation. The frequency of the evaluations is based on damage dealt by any participants to the Lairs and Obstacles, so neglecting the main targets reduces evaluations; if all participants completely avoid the Lairs and Obstacles, no evaluations will occur and experience points and bayld will not be awarded to anyone. Players do not personally have to attack the main targets, but the primary targets must be damaged by someone in the Reive.
When a player fights in a reive to its conclusion, additional experience points and bayld are awarded, as well as a chance to receive one or more items. The calculation method for Reive evaluations is not yet known. Dealing physical damage factors most heavily into the evaluation, but taking damage, healing, and enhancing are also rewarded. Actions taken by pets do not factor into the evaluation at all.
Before participating heavily in reives, players should obtain the Reive unity key item from the quest Scaredy-Cats. This item grants healing, enhancing, and offensive bonuses to players during reives, similar to Abyssea's Abyssite. These bonuses are known as Reive Momentum.
Types of Reives
Bushwhacking through a verdant jungle or over treacherous landscape can be a grueling experience in and of itself, so what happens when the landscape fights back? In this type of reive, you'll not only need to overcome hordes of bloodthirsty beasts, but also the terrain they're protecting!
Colonization reives involve clearing obstacles from the path. Victories in these reives allow players to access deeper areas in Adoulin.
- Colonization Reives respawns after one hour since its finished in all zones but Ra'Kaznar ones.
- Inner and Outer Ra'kaznar Colonization Reives have reduced respawn time, restarting after 15 mins since the previous battle have finished.
The following colonization reives are known:
|Knotted Root||F/G-7||Floodplain Spider||
|Knotted Root||H-7||Temblor Beetle||Arrowwood Log|
|Knotted Root||H-6/7||Cthonic Chapuli
|Broadleaf Palm||G-6||Blood Toad
|Knotted Root||I-7||Ruby Raptor
Tooth Cave Tarantula(East)
|Monolithic Boulder||D-7||Gerent Apkallu
|Gnarled Rampart||I-6||Rustled Panopt
|Knotted Root||H/I-7||Crevice Tarichuk
|Knotted Root||H-7||Draftrider Bat|
|Icy Palisade||F-7||Alpine Rabbit(East)
Adoulin's best defense is a strong offensive push in this type of battle, as pioneers work together to raze the broods that spawn Ulbuka's multifarious menaces.
In lair reives, players destroy the homes of hostile wildlife. The lairs are protected by at least two types of enemies, which defend their homes. Defeated enemies respawn periodically. The reive ends in success when the target lair is destroyed.
- Lair Reives respawns after 15 minutes since its finished in all zones but Ra'Kaznar ones.
- Inner and Outer Ra'kaznar Lair Reives have reduced respawn time, restarting after 5 mins since the previous battle have finished.
The following lair reives are known:
|Wasp Nest||H-6/7||Bounding Chapuli
|Wasp Nest||H/I-6||Cerise Wasp
|Sere Stump||I/J-7||Cinder Crab
|Avian Roost||C-7||Gorge Vulture
|Arboreal Bastion||I-6||Tenacious Panopt
|Wintry Cave||H-6||Contumacious Ovim
Not much is known about Naakual behavior, but as is oft said, experience is the best teacher. Pioneers will be asked to search out these ferocious fiends and combat them in their natural habitats, which--though a huge disadvantage--makes the thrill of the hunt that much more intense.
Wildskeeper Reives involve challenging a Naakual, one of the seven area mega bosses in the East Ulbuka Territory. Anyone participating in a Wildskeeper Reive must have purchased the appropriate key item from Dimmian at (E-6) in Eastern Adoulin. Without the key item, it is impossible for players to access a Wildskeeper Reive even if it is already in progress.
Please note that, upon zoning to participate in a Wildskeeper Reive, the pertinent Key Item is consumed and you are granted eligible status for participation in that particular Wildskeeper Reive.
As in other types of Reives, participants in Wildskeeper Reives do not need to be in the same alliance to participate.
Wildskeeper Reives respawn 3 hours after their last defeat. During Wildeskeeper Reive Campaign - Plus, the respawn time is reduced to 5 minutes.
Wildskeeper Reive Evaluations
- Special rewards such as weapons, armor, accessories, job mantles/job accessories, and magic scrolls/materials are all separated into different drop slots.
- Depending on your performance, you can earn points and increase your drop percentages for each respective slot. (The way drop percentages increase is different for each slot.)
- You will still have a chance to receive drops even if you earned a low amount of points for a slot, but the drop percentage will be quite low as well. If you have no points earned in a slot, the drop percentage will be zero.
- Because Naakual equipment is rare, if you receive the same piece of equipment that you already have, you will not receive a reward for that specific slot. Due to this, the drop rate might feel lower as you earn more equipment.
- The total amount of Bayld given for each participation (or for each consumed KI) is limited to 50.000 Baylds during the fight plus final evaluation bonus of 2.250.
- The evaluation is directly related to your damage dealt to the Naakual, meaning maintaining very high DPS during the fight will give you the bayld cap quickly. This can be used to players advantage if they want to farm only bayld (for example to participate in Sinister Reign) - You can use a strong DD job, join the fight, receive the 50.000 bayld then warp, purchase another KI and return to continue the fight for another round of 50.000 bayld.
Wildskeeper Reive Campaign - PLUS:
Wildskeeper reives will undergo the following changes for the duration of the campaign.
- The required fame and bayld cost of The key item required to participate will be reduced.
- Enemies will drop four pinches of high-purity bayld.
- Enemies will drop Mog Kupons AW-WK.
- The respawn times for the following notorious monsters will be reduced.
Colkhab / Tchakka / Achuka / Yumcax / Hurkan / Kumhau
All items (130)