Acquiring Your First Mount
- Speak with Mapitoto in Upper Jeuno (G-7) while in possession of the Chocobo License and Map of the Jeuno Area key items and at a main job level of 20 or greater.
- Accept the quest Full Speed Ahead! and complete the associated minigame.
- Speak to Mapitoto once more to receive the Trainer's Whistle.
- After completing the quest, you may speak to Mapitoto yet again and select "Let's do this" to try to beat the server's best time for the minigame.
Obtaining New Mounts
Trade any astral notebook to Mapitoto to receive a companion key item. Different mount items are available in a variety of ways:
- Complete the quest Full Speed Ahead! to obtain ♪Raptor companion.
- Complete the Chocobo Whistle Quest after Chocobo Raising to receive a Chocobo Whistle, and trade it to Mapitoto to obtain your very own personal ♪Chocobo companion (the whistle will not be lost).
- Your Chocobo Whistle may be registered to your Trainer's Whistle, enabling you to ride your personal chocobo. Your chocobo's attributes, including running speed, will be the same as if it were called with your Chocobo Whistle. Your chocobo will be slower than any Trainer's Whistle mount unless the chocobo's strength is first-class and it knows the Gallop skill.
- You will be able to dig for treasure while on your chocobo, and on your chocobo only.
- Complete the quest The Moonlit Path and make a pact with Fenrir to receive a ♪Fenrir whistle.
- Complete the quest Glittering Gals to obtain ♪Sheep companion.
- Complete the quest Sally Forth! to obtain ♪Morbol companion.
- Complete the mini-quest Ancient Melodies to obtain ♪Omega whistle.
- Complete the quest The Flying Machine of Eld to obtain ♪Levitus key.
- Trade a ♪Red Crab from The Crustacean Cabal's Crab Club Arena, Adventurer Appreciation Campaign 2017 or 2018 events to obtain ♪Red crab companion.
- Purchase a ♪Moogle companion from the Jingle Baaas, Quiz for the Age, or Premium Mooblin Battle events.
- Trade a ♪Spectral Chair from the Let's Go! Vana'diel Day! October Event or Harvest Festival 2017 to obtain ♪Spectral Chair companion.
- Trade a ♪Buffalo from Happy New Year 2021 to Mapitoto for a ♪Buffalo companion.
Using a Mount
- Travel to an area where mounting is allowed.
- Select "Mount" from "Abilities" in the action menu or main menu.
- Select your desired mount from among those displayed.
- You may also mount using the text command /mount [mount name].
- You may not remount until at least one minute has passed since your initial mounting.
- You are unable to mount while on a monster’s enmity list.
- You can dismount by selecting "Dismount" from the action menu, or automatically once the mount's thirty minute timer expires.
Areas Where Mounting Is Not Available
All items (33)
- ♪Adamantoise companion
- ♪Beetle companion
- ♪Bomb companion
- ♪Buffalo companion
- ♪Chocobo companion
- ♪Coeurl companion
- ♪Crab companion
- ♪Crawler companion
- ♪Dhalmel companion
- ♪Doll companion
- ♪Fenrir whistle
- ♪Golden Bomb companion
- ♪Goobbue companion
- ♪Hippogryph companion
- ♪Levitus key
- ♪Magic pot companion
- ♪Moogle companion
- ♪Morbol companion
- ♪Omega whistle
- ♪Raaz companion
- ♪Raptor companion
- ♪Red crab companion
- ♪Red Raptor companion
- ♪Sheep companion
- ♪Spectral Chair companion
- ♪Spheroid companion
- ♪Tiger companion
- ♪Tulfaire companion
- ♪Warmachine companion
- ♪Wivre companion
- ♪Xzomit companion