The below articles are only guides. Information expressed in a guide is usually more opinion than fact and should be taken as such. Guides are often written by one player, based upon their experiences, successes and mistakes, and meant to aid other players. However, there may be differing opinions than those expressed in a guide. Strategies and information in guides may not work for everyone.
New Player Guides
As Final Fantasy XI is a game that receives updates each month, not only to content, but to UIs and functionality, any New Player Guide by its very nature may fall behind on its relevance, unless maintained by the community.
Guides are also subjective dependent on the New Player's goals. Are you seeking the quickest way to level 99 and challenging endgame content? Do you just want to see all of the main storyline missions that FFXI has to offer? Are you a completionist seeking a walkthrough that deals with every aspect the game has to offer?
Due to this variance, there can be no definitive New Player Guide, but below are listed some of the most popular and/or useful:
- Beginner How-To Guide (2020) - a comprehensive look at everything available to a level 1 character (by User:Stammer6)
- New Player Guide (2017) by Aysha - the quick route to level 99 and endgame, enabling you to explore the rest of what FFXI has to offer at your leisure.
- 2013 New Player's Guide by Korvana - a classic post-Seekers look at starting out, with an explanation of a lot of FFXI's basic terms and quirks.
- Spicyryan's Quickstart 1-119 Guide - a well-presented look at the full journey from level 1 to iLevel 119, detailing both progression and storyline. with kind permission from Spicyryan of Asura
Game System Guides
- Skillchain Video Guide - 3-4 step skillchains, all weapons (by Rikipedia)
- Square-Enix Player's Guide - what it lacks in detail, it makes up for in pretty graphics.
- 2004's Bradygames Strategy Guide - legendary for all the wrong reasons.
All items (955)