Blue Magic Skill
- Blue Magic skill is the skill base from which blue magic derives.
- Blue Magic skill determines resistance for magical blue magic, similar to how Elemental Magic skill determines that school of magic's resistance rate.
- Blue Magic skill determines the damage rating (D-rating) of physical blue magic. This damage rating caps approximately 15 levels above the level of the spell. No cap has been determined for spells learned at level 60 or later.
- Blue Magic skill also affects the potency of certain spells, such as Diamondhide and Blood Saber, boosting their effectiveness.
How to Learn Blue Magic
- Blue Mage must be set your main job to learn blue magic.
- One has a chance to acquire blue magic when defeating a monster that has used a blue magic spell.
- The monster must execute the spell, but it does not have to land for it to be learned (it can miss or have no effect).
- The Blue Magic skill level of each spell is equal to the Blue Magic skill cap for the level at which the spell can be used.
- The maximum skill difference to be able to learn a spell is 29 points below the skill level of the spell. Below level 50, one can learn skills as early as 9 levels prior. After level 50, when the increase in Blue Magic Skill from level to level rises from +3 to +5, the level range at which one can learn spells decreases from 9 to 5.
- The Magus Jubbah, which can be worn at level 58, gives a +15 bonus to Blue Magic skill, effectively increasing the level range by 3.
- The Mirage Keffiyeh, which can be worn at level 75, gives a +5 bonus to Blue Magic skill, effectively increasing the level range by 1.
- The Mirage Keffiyeh +2, which can be worn at level 90, gives a +7 bonus to Blue Magic, effectively increasing the level range by 1.
- The Mavi Tayt +1 and Mavi Tayt +2, either of which can be worn at level 83, both give a bonus to Blue Magic. The Mavi Tayt +1 gives a +10 bonus, effectively increasing the level range by 2. The Mavi Tayt +2 gives a +15 bonus, effectively increasing the level range by 3.
- The Mavi Tathlum, which can be worn at level 84, gives a +5 bonus to Blue Magic skill, effectively increasing the level range by 1.
- Blue magic cannot be learned while K.O.'d.
- The Blue Mage does not need to be the target of the spell or affect the enemy in any way to learn blue magic. The only requirements are that the enemy uses the spell at least once, that the Blue Mage is in EXP range when the monster dies, and that the Blue Mage's party/alliance delivers the killing blow to the enemy. The Blue Mage does not need to be in the same zone when the spell is used; the Blue Mage only needs to be in the same zone and in EXP range when the monster is defeated.
- You can still learn Blue Magic when a party or alliance member's pet defeats the enemy.
- It is possible, but difficult, to learn spells in Besieged. Your party/alliance must deal the final blow to an enemy.
- If a Campaign Battle is not present, it is possible to learn spells from campaign monsters if the monster dies before a battle starts.
- Droning Whirlwind, Carcharian Verve, Blistering Roar, Uproot, Crashing Thunder, and Polar Roar can be learned in Wildskeeper Reives. If learned, the spell is awarded at the conclusion of the reive. Your group does not have to get the kill, but you do need to be alive. No other blue magic can be learned in reives, however.
Tips on Learning Blue Magic
- Azure Lore has no effect on learning.
- Below 25% HP, monsters use their TP immediately upon reaching 100%. Below 50% HP, monsters use their TP upon reaching 200%. Before then, they use it randomly.
- It is possible to learn spells with higher level members in your party.
- It is possible to learn Blue Magic from monsters that do not give EXP (e.g., BCNM/Event/Quest monsters).
- It is possible to learn Blue Magic from monsters that check as "Too weak."
- The Magus Bazubands/Magus Bazubands +1/Assimilator's Bazubands/Assimilator's Bazubands +1 are the only known way to directly increase the chance to learn Blue Magic.
- Blue Magic skill from any source appears to increase the chance to learn Blue Magic. It is highly recommended to cap Blue Magic skill before attempting to learn spells at several levels above your own.
- Bludgeon gives enemies 30% TP (assuming all 3 hits land for more than 0 damage), allowing enemies to use TP moves more often. Casting Bludgeon with no weapon equipped will do very minimal damage to the monster because Blue Mages don't have natural Hand-to-Hand skill.
- Dia gives 8.33% TP with minimal Damage Over Time as long as its intial damage is greater than 0.
Setting Blue Magic
Unlike other magic spells, Blue Magic must be "set" in order to use.
|Level||Blue Magic Points||Maximum Set Spells|
1. Point Total/Maximum
- Each blue magic spell is assigned a point value (blue magic points). The level of the blue mage determines the maximum number of points available for setting spells.
- Each merit point placed in Assimilation increases the maximum amount of Blue Magic Points by 1 for levels 75+, allowing a maximum of 50 points as early as level 75 and 55 points as early as level 81.
2. Maximum Number of Set Spells
- The maximum number of blue magic spells that can be set at one time is also determined by the blue mage's level. This maximum number may decrease when the blue mage is under a level restriction and so the set numbers are assigned a color for easy reference.
- Blue magic spells can be set by selecting the “Set Spells” option after choosing “Blue Magic” under “Magic” in the main menu. Any time blue magic spells are reset, the blue mage will be unable to cast blue magic for 1 minute. The one minute timer is negated by changing areas.
- By setting certain spell combinations, you can gain certain job traits.
How to Read the Blue Magic Spell Window
- The help text for blue magic contains various types of information.
- Blue magic spell name
- Spell effect - The TP information included in "physical" blue magic spells is applicable when using the job ability "Chain Affinity."
- Blue magic type (Physical/Magical) - There are two types of blue magic spells: physical and magical. The accuracy for "physical" blue magic is affected by the accuracy of the equipped main weapon.
- Monster family - This refers to the monster family from which the blue magic spell was learned. The accuracy and damage of blue magic spells are affected by the relationships between different monster families.
- Status bonus - This bonus is applied to the caster when the applicable blue magic spell is set.
- Usable level - The minimum level required to cast the spell.
- MP cost - The amount of MP required to cast the spell.
- Blue magic points - The number of points required to set the spell.
Using Blue Magic
- One can be interrupted while casting blue magic; chances of interruption decrease as blue magic skill rises.
- Elemental blue magic spells are affected by elemental equipment and enhancements (elemental staves, sea obis, day and weather effects, etc).
- Unlike other types of magic, blue magic spells carry an affinity for a particular monster family.
- E.g. Spells learned from the Vermin family are more accurate and powerful against Plantoids than all other enemies. Likewise, they are weaker against Lizards than all other enemies. See Beast Strength Chart for more details.
- Blue magic spells from the Arcana, Undead, Dragon and Demon families experience positive effects when used against enemies of the opposing family and never experience negative effects when used on enemies of the same family.
- Blue magic spells learned from Beastmen and Vorageans have no affinity and are neither particularly effective or ineffective on any family of enemy.
- The Blue Mage Merit category Monster Correlation and the Magus Keffiyeh/Magus Keffiyeh +1 enhance these affinities. However, they do not further decrease the effectiveness of spells used against the opposing monster family.
- Magical blue magic spells are effective against enemies that are weak against magic damage (elementals, flans, slimes, etc.).
- Physical blue magic spells are especially effective against enemies that are weak against the spell's damage type (Blunt -> Skeletons, Piercing -> Birds, Slashing -> Hounds).
- Physical blue magic accuracy is determined by main-hand weapon accuracy, and thus, the accuracy bonuses and combat skill of the currently equipped weapon.
- While they are dependent on Accuracy and STR, physical spells are unaffected by the Attack stat.
- All physical blue magic spells are affected by Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, and Souleater.
- All magical blue magic spells are affected by Elemental Seal.
- All healng blue magic spells are affected by Divine Seal.
- Offensive blue magic bestows 10% TP to its target per hit, similar to other forms of damaging magic.
Equipment that Enhances this Skill
By Amount Added
|Magus Jubbah +1|
|Mavi Tayt +2|
|Mavi Tayt +1|
|Mirage Keffiyeh +2|
|Mirage Keffiyeh +1|
|Mirage Charuqs +2|
By Equipment Slot
See: Combat Skills for more Skill information.
Blue Magic Spells
|Level||Spell||Family||MP||Blue points||Stat bonus||Cast||Recast||Description|
|1||Sandspin||Worm||10||2||VIT+1||1.5s||9.75s||Deals an area attack earth damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Accuracy Down.|
|1||Pollen||Bee||8||1||CHR+1 HP+5||2s||5s||Restores HP.|
|1||Foot Kick||Rabbit||5||2||AGI+1||0.5s||6.5s||Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.|
|4||Power Attack||Beetle||5||1||MND+1||0.5s||7.25s||Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.|
|4||Sprout Smack||Sapling||6||2||MND+1||0.5s||7.25s||Additional effect: Slow. Duration of effect varies with TP.|
|4||Wild Oats||Mandragora||9||3||CHR+1 HP+10||0.5s||7.25s||Additional effect: Vitality Down. Duration of effect varies with TP.|
|8||Metallic Body||Crab||19||1||N/A||7s||60s||Absorbs a certain amount of damage from physical attacks and magical attacks.|
|8||Queasyshroom||Funguar||20||2||HP-5 MP+5||2s||15s||Additional effect: Poison. Duration of effect varies with TP.|
|12||Battle Dance||Orc||12||3||DEX+2||1s||10s||Delivers an area attack. Additional effect: DEX Down. Duration of effect varies with TP.|
|12||Head Butt||Quadav||12||3||DEX+2||0.5s||10s||Damage varies with TP. Additional effect: "Stun."|
|12||Feather Storm||Yagudo||12||3||CHR+2 HP+5||0.5s||10s||Additional effect: Poison. Chance of effect varies with TP.|
|16||Helldive||Bird||16||2||CHR+1 HP+5||0.5s||11.25s||Damage varies with TP.|
|16||Healing Breeze||Dhalmel||55||4||CHR+2 HP+10||4.5s||15s||Restores HP for party members within area of effect.|
|16||Sheep Song||Sheep||22||2||CHR+1 HP+5||3s||60s||Puts all enemies within range to sleep.|
|18||Bludgeon||Cardian||16||2||STR+1||0.5s||11.75s||Delivers a threefold attack. Accuracy varies with TP.|
|18||Cursed Sphere||Fly||36||2||MND+1||3s||19.5s||Deals water damage to enemies within area of effect.|
|18||Blastbomb||Warmachine||36||2||STR+1||2.25s||15s||Deals fire damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: "Bind."|
|20||Blood Drain||Giant Bat||10||2||HP-5 MP+5||4s||90s||Steals an enemy's HP. Ineffective against undead.|
|20||Claw Cyclone||Tiger||24||2||VIT+1||1s||19.75s||Damages enemies within area of effect with a twofold attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|22||Poison Breath||Hound||22||1||MND+1||3s||19.5s||Deals water damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Poison.|
|24||Soporific||Flytrap||38||4||HP-5 MP+5||3s||90s||Puts all enemies within range to sleep.|
|26||Screwdriver||Pugil||21||3||VIT+1 CHR+1 HP+10||0.5s||14s||Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.|
|28||Bomb Toss||Goblin||42||3||STR+2||3.75s||24.5s||Throws a bomb at an enemy. Deals an area attack fire damage to enemies within range.|
|30||Grand Slam||Gigas||24||2||INT+1||1s||14.25s||Delivers an area attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|30||Wild Carrot||Rabbit||37||3||HP+5||2.5s||6s||Restores HP for the target party member.|
|32||Sound Blast||Cockatrice||25||1||N/A||4s||30s||Lowers Intelligence of enemies within range.|
|32||Chaotic Eye||Coeurl||13||2||AGI+1||3s||10s||Silences an enemy.|
|34||Death Ray||Hecteyes||49||2||HP-5 MP+5||4.5s||29.25s||Deals dark damage to an enemy|
|34||Smite of Rage||Evil Weapon||28||3||AGI+3||0.5s||13s||Damage varies with TP.|
|36||Digest||Slime||20||2||HP-5 MP+5||4s||90s||Steals an enemy's HP. Ineffective against undead.|
|36||Pinecone Bomb||Treant||48||2||STR+1||2.5s||26.5s||Additional effect: sleep. Duration of effect varies with TP.|
|38||Jet Stream||Bat Trio||47||4||DEX+2||0.5s||23s||Delivers a threefold attack. Accuracy varies with TP.|
|38||Uppercut||Goobbue||31||3||STR+2 DEX+1||0.5s||17.75s||Damage varies with TP.|
|38||Blank Gaze||Opo-opo||25||2||N/A||3s||10s||Removes one beneficial magic effect from an enemy.|
|40||Mysterious Light||Magic Pot||73||4||AGI+3||3.75s||24.5s||Deals wind damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Weight.|
|40||Terror Touch||Ghost||62||3||HP-5 MP+10||3.25s||21s||Additional effect: Weakens attacks. Accuracy varies with TP.|
|42||Venom Shell||Uragnite||86||3||MND+2||3s||45s||Poisons enemies within range and gradually reduces their HP.|
|42||MP Drainkiss||Leech||20||4||MP+5||4s||26s||Steals an enemy's MP. Ineffective against undead.|
|44||Mandibular Bite||Antlion||38||2||INT+1||0.5s||19.25s||Damage varies with TP.|
|44||Blitzstrahl||Doll||70||4||DEX+3||4.5s||29.25s||Deals lightning damage to an enemy. Additional effect: "Stun."|
|44||Stinking Gas||Doomed||37||2||AGI+1||4s||60s||Lowers Vitality of enemies within range.|
|46||Magnetite Cloud||Antica||86||3||VIT+2||4.5s||29.25s||Deals earth damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Weight.|
|46||Geist Wall||Eft||35||3||HP-5 MP+10||3s||30s||Removes one beneficial magic effect from enemies within range.|
|46||Awful Eye||Bugard||32||2||MND+1||2.5s||60s||Lowers Strength of enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|48||Sickle Slash||Spider||41||4||HP-5 MP+15||0.5s||20.5s||Deals critical damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.|
|48||Blood Saber||Skeleton||25||2||HP-5 MP+5||4s||90s||Steals HP from enemies within range. Ineffective against undead.|
|48||Refueling||Cluster||29||4||AGI+2||1.5s||30s||Increases attack speed.|
|48||Jettatura||Hippogryph||37||4||MP+15||0.5s||120s||Enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster are frozen with fear.|
|50||Frightful Roar||Taurus||32||3||AGI+2||2s||45s||Weakens defense of enemies within range.|
|50||Ice Break||Golem||142||3||INT+1||5.25s||33.75s||Deals ice damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: "Bind."|
|50||Self-Destruct||Bomb||100||3||STR+2||3.25s||21s||Sacrifices HP to damage enemies within range. Affects caster with Weakness.|
|52||Filamented Hold||Diremite||38||3||VIT+1||2s||30s||Reduces the attack speed of enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|52||Cold Wave||Snoll||37||1||INT-1||4s||60s||Deals ice damage that lowers Agility and gradually reduces HP of enemies within range.|
|54||Hecatomb Wave||Demon||116||3||AGI+1||5.25s||33.75s||Deals wind damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Blindness.|
|54||Radiant Breath||Wyvern||116||4||CHR+1 HP+5||5.25s||33.75s||Deals light damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area of effect originating from the caster. Additional effect: Slow and Silence.|
|56||Feather Barrier||Roc||29||2||N/A||2s||120s||Enhances evasion.|
|58||Flying Hip Press||Bugbear||125||3||AGI+1||5.75s||34.5s||Deals wind damage to enemies within range.|
|58||Light of Penance||Tonberry||53||5||CHR+1 HP+15||3s||60s||Reduces an enemy's TP. Additional effect: Blindness and "Bind."|
|58||Magic Fruit||Opo-opo||72||3||CHR+1 HP+5||2.5s||6s||Restores HP for the target party member.|
|60||Death Scissors||Scorpion||51||5||MND+2 CHR+2 HP+5||0.5s||24.5s||Damage varies with TP.|
|60||Dimensional Death||Shadow||48||5||DEX+1 CHR+1 HP+5||0.5s||23.75s||Damage varies with TP.|
|60||Spiral Spin||Ladybug||39||3||HP+5 STR+1||4s||15s||Additional Effect: Accuracy Down.|
|61||Seedspray||Rafflesia||61||2||VIT+1||4s||35s||Delivers a threefold attack. Additional Effect: Defense Down|
|61||Eyes On Me||Ahriman||112||4||HP-5 MP+15||4.5s||29.25s||Deals dark damage to an enemy.|
|61||Maelstrom||Sea Monk||162||5||MND+2||6s||39s||Deals water damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: STR Down.|
|61||Bad Breath||Morbol||212||5||INT+2 MND+2||8.75s||120s||Deals earth damage that inflicts multiple status ailments on enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|62||Body Slam||Dragon||74||4||VIT+1 MP+5||1s||27.75s||Delivers an area attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|62||Memento Mori||Corse||46||4||INT+1||3.5s||56s||Enhances magic attack.|
|62||1000 Needles||Sabotender||350||5||VIT+3 AGI+3||12s||120s||Shoots multiple needles at enemies within range.|
|63||Spinal Cleave||Qutrub||61||4||VIT+2 INT+1 MND+1||0.5s||28.5s||Accuracy varies with TP.|
|63||Frenetic Rip||Imp||61||3||INT+1||0.5s||28.5s||Delivers a threefold attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|63||Frypan||Moblin||65||3||DEX+2||1s||26s||Delivers an area attack. Additional effect: "Stun." Accuracy varies with TP.|
|63||Hydro Shot||Sahagin||55||3||MND+2||0.5s||26s||Additional effect: Enmity Down. Chance of effect varies with TP.|
|64||Feather Tickle||Colibri||48||2||AGI+1||4s||90s||Reduces an enemy's TP.|
|64||Yawn||Apkallu||55||3||CHR+1 HP+5||3s||60s||Puts all enemies within range to sleep.|
|64||Voracious Trunk||Marid||72||4||AGI+2||10s||56s||Steals one beneficial effect from an enemy.|
|65||Infrasonics||Lizard||42||4||INT+1||5s||120s||Lowers the evasion of enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|65||Zephyr Mantle||Puk||31||2||AGI+2||7s||60s||Creates shadow images that each absorb a single attack directed at you.|
|66||Frost Breath||Raptor||136||3||INT-2||6.5s||42.75s||Deals ice damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Paralysis.|
|66||Sandspray||Qiqirn||43||2||VIT+1||3s||90s||Blinds enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|66||Corrosive Ooze||Slug||55||4||HP-10 MP+10||5s||30s||Lowers Defense and Attack of an enemy.|
|67||Enervation||Troll||48||5||HP-5 MP+5||3.5s||60s||Lowers the defense and magical defense of enemies within range.|
|67||Diamondhide||Troll||99||3||VIT+1||7s||90s||Gives party members within area of effect the effect of "Stoneskin."|
|68||Warm-Up||Mamool Ja||59||4||VIT+1||7s||120s||Enhances accuracy and evasion.|
|68||Firespit||Mamool Ja||121||5||STR+3||6.5s||42.75s||Deals fire damage to an enemy.|
|69||Tail Slap||Lamia||77||4||MND+2||1s||28.5s||Delivers an area attack. Additional effect: "Stun." Damage varies with TP.|
|69||Hysteric Barrage||Lamia||61||5||DEX+2 AGI+1||0.5s||28.5s||Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|69||Regurgitation||Peiste||69||1||MP+3 INT+1 MND+1||5s||24s||Deals Water Damage Additional Effect: Bind.|
|70||Amplification||Flan||48||3||HP-5 MP+5||7s||56s||Enhances magic attack and magic defense.|
|70||Cannonball||Wamouracampa||66||3||STR+1 DEX+1||0.5s||28.5s||Damage varies with TP.|
|70||Asuran Claws||Gnole||81||2||AGI+3||3s||60s||Delivers a sixfold attack. accuracy varies with TP.|
|71||Lowing||Buffalo||66||2||HP-5||7s||56s||Gives enemies within range a powerful disease that prevents recovery of HP and MP.|
|71||Heat Breath||Manticore||169||4||STR+3||7.5s||49s||Deals fire damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|71||Triumphant Roar||Gargouille||36||3||STR+3||3s||90s||Enhances Attack.|
|72||Disseverment||Aern||74||5||MND-1 INT+1||0.5s||32.75s||Delivers a fivefold attack. Additional effect: Poison. Accuracy varies with TP.|
|72||Saline Coat||Xzomit||66||3||VIT+2 AGI+2 MP+10||3s||60s||Enhances magic defense.|
|72||Sub-zero Smash||Ruszor||44||4||VIT+3 HP+10||1s||30s||Additional Effect: Paralysis. Damage varies with TP.|
|73||Ram Charge||Ram||79||4||HP+5||0.5s||34.75s||Damage varies with TP.|
|73||Temporal Shift||Hpemde||48||5||HP+10 MP+15||0.5s||120s||Enemies within range are temporarily prevented from acting.|
|73||Mind Blast||Soulflayer||82||4||MP+5 MND+1||3s||30s||Deals lightning damage to an enemy. Additional effect: Paralysis.|
|74||Actinic Burst||Ghrah||24||4||CHR+2 HP+20||0.5s||60s||Greatly lowers the accuracy of enemies within range for a brief period of time.|
|74||Reactor Cool||Zdei||28||5||INT+3 MND+3||3s||60s||Enhances defense and covers you with magical ice spikes. Enemies that hit you take ice damage.|
|74||Magic Hammer||Poroggo||40||4||MP-5 MND+2||4s||180s||Steals an amount of enemy's MP equal to damage dealt. Ineffective against undead.|
|75||Plasma Charge||Phuabo||24||5||STR+3 DEX+3||3s||60s||Covers you with magical lightning spikes. Enemies that hit you take lightning damage.|
|75||Vertical Cleave||Euvhi||86||3||VIT+1 HP-5 MP+5||0.5s||37.25s||Damage varies with TP.|
|75||Exuviation||Wamoura||40||4||HP+5 MP+5 CHR+1||3s||60s||Restores HP and removes one detrimental status effect.|
|76||Plenilune Embrace||Gnole||106||4||MP+5 STR+2||4s||11s||Restores target party member's HP and enhances attack and magic attack.|
|77||Acrid Stream||Clionidae||89||3||DEX+2 MND+2||4s||22s||Deals water damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Lowers target's magic defense.|
|77||Leafstorm||Treant||132||4||MP+3 MND+1 CHR+1||7s||62s||Deals wind damage to enemies within area of effect.|
|78||Cimicine Discharge||Gnat||32||3||DEX+1 AGI+2||3s||20s||Reduces the attack speed of enemies within range.|
|78||Regeneration||Sea Monk||36||2||MND+2||2s||60s||Gradually restores HP.|
|79||Animating Wail||Qutrub||53||5||HP+20||2s||45s||Increases attack speed.|
|79||Battery Charge||Magic Pot||50||3||MP+10 MND+1||5s||75s||Gradually restores MP.|
|80||Blazing Bound||Limule||113||3||VIT+2 AGI+1||6s||30s||Deals fire damage to an enemy.|
|80||Demoralizing Roar||Wivre||46||4||STR-2 VIT+3||5s||20s||Weakens the attack of enemies within range.|
|81||Final Sting||Bee||88||1||HP-20 AGI+5||6s||65s||Deals damage proportional to HP. Reduces HP to 1 after use. Damage varies with TP.|
|81||Goblin Rush||Goblin||76||3||HP+10 DEX+2 MND-3||5s||24.5s||Delivers a threefold attack. Accuracy varies with TP.|
|82||Vanity Dive||Wanderer||58||2||AGI+3 CHR-2||5s||40s||Damage varies with TP.|
|82||Magic Barrier||Ahriman||29||3||MP+7 INT+2||10s||60s||Grants a Magic Shield effect.|
|83||Whirl of Rage||Evil Weapon||73||2||STR+2 DEX+2||1s||30s||Delivers an area attack that stuns enemies. Damage varies with TP.|
|83||Benthic Typhoon||Murex||56||4||STR+2 VIT+2 DEX-1 AGI-1||.5s||55s||Lowers target's defense and magic defense. Damage varies with TP.|
|84||Auroral Drape||Weeper||51||4||INT+3 CHR-2||7s||47s||Silences and blinds enemies within range.|
|84||Osmosis||Amoeban||47||5||MND+3 CHR-2||4s||90s||Steals an enemy's HP and one beneficial status effect. Ineffective against undead.|
|85||Quadratic Continuum||Gorger||91||4||DEX+3 CHR-2||1s||24s||Delivers a fourfold attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|85||Fantod||Hippogryph||12||1||HP-10 DEX+2 AGI+2||.5s||10s||Enhances attack and magic attack.|
|86||Thermal Pulse||Wamouracampa||151||3||VIT+2||5.5s||Emits a flash of thermal energy, dealing fire damage to targets in an area of effect. Additional effect: Blind.|
|87||Dream Flower||Mandragora||68||3||HP+5 MP+5 CHR+2||2s||33s||Puts all enemies within range to sleep.|
|87||Empty Thrash||Craver||33||3||STR+3 CHR-2||.5s||Delivers an area attack. Accuracy varies with TP.|
|88||Charged Whisker||Coeurl||183||4||HP-10 DEX+2 INT+2||5s||Deals lightning damage to enemies within area of effect.|
|88||Occultation||Seether||138||3||VIT+2 CHR-2||1.5s||68s||Creates shadow images that each absorb a single attack directed at you.|
|89||Delta Thrust||Peiste||28||2||HP+15 MP-5 INT-1||.5s||15s||Delivers a threefold attack. Additional effect: Disease. Chance of effect varies with TP.|
|89||Winds of Promyvion||Thinker||36||5||MND+3 CHR-2||2.5s||Removes one detrimental magic effect for party members within area of effect.|
|90||Everyone's Grudge||Tonberry||185||4||INT+2 MND+2 STR-1 VIT-1||6s||Deals dark damage to an enemy.|
|90||Reaving Wind||Amphiptere||84||4||STR+2 AGI+2||4s||Reduces TP for enemies within range.|
|91||Barrier Tusk||Marid||41||3||HP+15 MP-15 VIT+3||50s||Reduces the amount of damage you take.|
|91||Mortal Ray||Taurus||267||4||STR+2 MND+2||12||145||Inflicts doom in a single line gaze attack.|
|92||Heavy Strike||Golem||32||2||STR+2||Strikes a single target.|
|92||Water Bomb||Poroggo||67||2||MP+20 INT+4 MND+2 STR-3 VIT-3||8s||26s||
Deals Water damage to enemies in an area of effect. Additional effect: Silence
|93||Dark Orb||Gargouille||124||3||AGI+2 MND+2||Releases a dark orb at the target.|
|94||White Wind||Puk||145||5||HP+15 MP-15 VIT+3||22s||Restores HP for allies within area of effect.|
|95||Sudden Lunge||Ladybug||18||4||HP-5 MP-5DEX+1AGI+1||0.5||16s||Deals direct damage to a single target. Additional effect: Stun & Knockback|
|95||Harden Shell||Adamantoise||20||Unbridled Learning||None||20s||Enhances defense.|
|95||Thunderbolt||Behemoth||138||Unbridled Learning||None||Deals Lightning damage in an area of effect. Additional effect: Stun.|
|96||Absolute Terror||Wyrm||29||Unbridled Learning||None||0.5s||30s||Freezes target in fear.|
|96||Quadrastrike||Kindred Warrior||98||5||STR+3 CHR+3||0.5s||42.5s||Delivers a fourfold attack. Chance of critical hit varies with TP.|
|96||Vapor Spray||Phuabo||172||3||HP+15 VIT+4||3s||19s||Deals water breath damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Poison.|
|97||Gates of Hades||Cerberuses||156||Unbridled Learning||None||3.5s||30s||Deals fire damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Burn.|
(Aht Urhgan Areas only)
|108||Unbridled Learning||None||1s||30s||Delivers an area attack. Additional effect duration varies with TP. Additional effect: Weakens defense.|
|97||Thunder Breath||Kindred's Vouivre and Balaur||193||4||STR+2 DEX+2||7s||56s||Deals thunder breath damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|98||Amorphic Spikes||Flan||79||4||INT+5 MND+2||0.5s||58.25s||Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|98||Orcish Counterstance|| Orc|
(Wings of the Goddess Areas only)
|18||5||HP+10 STR+3 VIT+3 DEX-2 AGI-2||4s||11s||Increases the caster's chance of countering.|
|98||Pyric Bulwark||Hydra||50||Unbridled Learning||None||1.5s||30s||Resists physical damage.|
|99||Barbed Crescent||Fomor||52||2||STR-3 DEX+4||0.5s||22s||Damage varies with TP. Additional effect: Accuracy Down.|
|99||Bilgestorm||Dvergr||122||Unbridled Learning||None||1s||30s||Delivers an area attack. Additional effect duration varies with TP. Additional effect: Lowers attack, defense, and accuracy.|
|99||Bloodrake||Vampyr||99||Unbridled Learning||None||0.5s||30s||Delivers a threefold attack. Damage varies with TP. Additional effect: HP Drain.|
|99||Wind Breath||Dragon||26||2||STR+2 AGI+2||1s||29.5s||Deals wind breath damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster.|
|99||Nature's Meditation||Chapuli||38||6||DEX+6||?||?||Enhances attack.|
|99||Tempestuous Upheaval||Twitherym||133||6||AGI+6||?||?||Deals wind damage to enemies within area of effect.|
|99||Rending Deluge||Craklaws||118||6||VIT+6||?||?||Deals water damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Dispel.|
|99||Embalming Earth||Matamatas||57||6||STR+6||?||?||Deals earth damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Slow.|
|99||Paralyzing Triad||Umbrils||33||6||HP-10 STR+4 DEX+4||?||?||Delivers a threefold attack. Additional effect: Paralysis. Damage varies with TP.|
|99||Foul Waters||Acuexes||76||4||HP+10 VIT+4||?||?||Deals water damage to enemies in a fan-shaped area originating from caster. Additional effect: Drown.|
|99||Glutinous Dart||Velkk||16||2||HP+15 STR+3 DEX+3 INT-3||?||?||Damage varies with TP.|
|99||Retinal Glare||Panopts||26||5||MP+15 INT+3||?||?||Deals light damage to enemies in a fan-shaped area originating from caster. Additional effect: Flash.|
|99||Droning Whirlwind||Bztavians||?||Unbridled Learning||?||?||?||Deals wind damage to enemies within area of effect. Additional effect: Dispel.|
|99||Carcharian Verve||Rockfins||?||Unbridled Learning||?||?||?||Enhances attack and magic attack. Reduces spell interruption rate.|
|99||Blistering Roar||Gabbraths||?||Unbridled Learning||?||?||?||Enemies within an area of effect are frozen with fear.|
|99||Erratic Flutter||Wamoura||92||6||?||?||45s||Increases attack speed.|
|99||Subduction||Maroliths||27||6||MP +25, VIT +6, INT +6||0.5s||5s||Deals Wind damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Weight.|
|99||Thrashing Assault||Meebles||119||7||?||?||60s||Delivers a fourfold attack.|
|99||Sinker Drill||Acroliths||91||6||STR+4 DEX+4 VIT+4||?||?||Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP.|
|99||Restoral||Gears||127||7||HP+15 MP+15||?||?||Restores the caster's HP.|
|99||Rail Cannon||Gears||200||6||INT+6 MND+6||?||?||Deals light damage to an enemy.|
|99||Diffusion Ray||Chariots||238||6||STR+5 VIT+7||?||?||Deals light damage to an enemy.|
|99||Crashing Thunder||Waktza||?||Unbridled Learning||?||?||?|
|99||Polar Roar||Cehuetzi||?||Unbridled Learning||?||?||?|
|99||Sweeping Gouge||Raaz||29||6||HP+25, VIT+5||?||?|
|99||Searing Tempest||Baelfyrs||116||8||MP+30, STR+8||?||?|| Deals fire damage to enemies within range.
Additional effect: Burn.
|99||Blinding Fulgor||Baelfyrs||116||8||HP+40 STR+4 AGI+4||?||?|| Deals Light damage to enemies within range.
Additional effect: Flash.
|99||Spectral Floe||Gefyrsts||116||8||MP+30, INT+8||?||?|| Deals ice damage to enemies within range.
Additional effect: Terror.
|99||Scouring Spate||Gefyrsts||116||8||MP+30 MND+8||?||?|| Deals water damage to enemies within range.
Additional effect: Decreases attack.
|99||Anvil Lightning||Ungeweders||116||8||MP+30 DEX+8||?||?|| Deals lightning damage to enemies within range.
Additional effect: Stun.
|99||Silent Storm||Ungeweders||116||8||MP+30 AGI+8||?||?|| Deals wind damage to enemies within range.
Additional effect: Silence.
|99||Entomb||Byrgens||116||8||MP+30 VIT+8||?||?||Deals earth damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Petrification|
|99||Tenebral Crush||Byrgens||116||8||MP+30 VIT+4 INT+4 MND+4||?||?||Deals darkness damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Decreases defense.|
|99||Saurian Slide||Velkk||109||7|| HP+50 VIT+6
|?||?|| Damage varies with TP.
Additional effect: Decreases defense.
|99||Palling Salvo||Fluturinis||175||7||DEX+6 AGI+6||?||?||Deals darkness damage to enemies within range. Additional effect: Bio|