This Auction House category contains automaton-related items.
Attachment Usage and Storage
When first acquired (whether from drops, treasure caskets, AH, bazaar, or NPC Merchant Yoyoroon (Nashmau, G-6)), they stay in your inventory and are stackable. To transform the inventory version of an attachment to one that can be readily equipped to an Automaton, you must go see Tateeya in the Automaton Workshop in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (I-7). After you talk to her with Puppetmaster as either your main or sub-job, she will tell you to trade her Automaton Attachments (she only takes them one at a time). Doing so will remove the attachment from your inventory and add it to your Automaton's. Once the attachment is in your Automaton's inventory, you can see its actual description and choose whether or not to equip it to your Automaton.
- There is no level requirement for using attachments.
- You can only have one of each attachment for your Automaton.
- Attachments do not take up any inventory space after they have been fitted to your Automaton.
- Once fitted, attachments can not be replaced, unfitted, dropped or destroyed. You will never need more than one of each.
- After you talk to Tateeya once, you do not need to be on Puppetmaster to trade her more attachments.
Attachments can be loosely grouped into "sets" of eight attachments, one for each element. The attachments can be obtained in the following ways:
- The first and second attachment sets can be bought from Yoyoroon (Nashmau G-6). Attachments from the first set each cost 4,940 gil and the second for 9,925 gil each;
- The third attachment set can only be synthesized using Alchemy or Goldsmithing;
- The fourth attachment set is currently obtained either from Hilltroll Puppetmasters, crafted through high level Goldsmithing or can be found on certain battlefield notorious monsters;
- The fifth attachment set drops from the level 60 solo ENM "Pulling the Strings" and from the Zeni Notorious Monster Ob;
- The sixth attachment set comes from the The Ashu Talif fight, Targeting the Captain;
- The seventh set is crafted using ENM crafting materials, and two are special drops from Ob. The set is not yet completed and still lacks one Light and one Darkness attachment;
- The eighth set can be found inside gold treasure caskets in select Grounds of Valor zones. In addition half of this set can also be obtained from Imperial Gate Guards for 5000 Imperial Standing credits, or drops from the ENM Pulling the Strings. While the other half can also come from the Zeni Notorious Monster Ob.
- All attachments can be bought and sold through the Auction House or Bazaars.
- Crafted attachments are made in stacks of 12 but automatons can only be equipped with one of each attachment.
The Automaton Equipment screen is found in the same area as your own character's equipment menu is, however, when you have Puppetmaster as either your main or sub-job, the Equipment option gives you two sub-menus, 'Master' and 'Automaton'. As you can see, the Automaton Equipment screen is much like that of your own character. However, there are only two type-based slots, Head and Frame. The twelve other slots are for Attachments of any kind, as long as the total amount equipped meets the requirements.
Each dot and the # / # beside it is your Automaton's elemental capacity. The first number is the total charge of Attachments of that element, and the second is the total charge that can be equipped at once. Different Automaton Attachments have different charges; lower ones can be equipped in greater numbers, and those with higher charges only a few.
Your Frame and Head determine not only your Automaton's HP/MP, skillcaps, and stats, but also its available elemental capacity.
|Tension Spring III||Enhances Automaton Attack||Crafted|
| width="4%" | |valign="top" width="48%"|
|Name||Description||Cap.||How to Obtain|
|Ice Maker||Converts the energy of an ice maneuver into magic attack when casting elemental magic spells.||Crafted Only!|
|Loudspeaker||Enhances Automaton Magic Attack||Yoyoroon|
|Loudspeaker II||Enhances Automaton Magic Attack||Crafted & Dropped from Hilltroll Puppetmaster|
|Mana Booster||Increases Automaton spellcast frequency||Yoyoroon|
|Power Cooler||Reduces MP cost in proportion to the number of Ice Maneuvers in effect.|| Pulling the Strings ENM|
Bought with Imperial Standing Points
|Scanner||Occasionally scans target's magic resistances||Crafted & Dropped from Hilltroll Puppetmaster|
|Tactical Processor||Decreases decision-making time, but increases the tendency to Overload||Pulling the Strings ENM|
Chocobo Hot and Cold
Dropped from Ob
|Tranquilizer||Enhances magic accuracy||Targeting the Captain ??? Box|