Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item. Ambuscade Primer Volume One grants entry to Intense Ambuscade, a more challenging encounter. Ambuscade Primer Volume Two grants entry to Normal Ambuscade, a step down in technical difficulty. "Intense" and "Normal" not only describe the relative challenge of the two battlefields, but alter the final rewards on completion.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires one kill, while Volume 2 requires ten.
The Ambuscade Tome
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party at the Ambuscade Tome right next to Gorpa-Masorpa. At registration you choose the difficulty level of the selected Ambuscade type and inscribe your name into the tome, assigning you a number. Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. The Tome also has an option to auto-transport your party to the battlefields as soon as your number is announced.
- Your Key Item is lost upon completion of a successful battle.
Successful completion of an Ambuscade battlefield rewards two forms of currency: Hallmarks and Gallantry. Hallmarks earned vary with the Key Item used to enter the battlefield and the selected difficulty level. Gallantry earned is based on the Key Item, Difficulty and the total number of party members, excluding Trusts. Solo players do not earn Gallantry. Using an
will triple the currency rewards for a single win.
- Hallmarks, Total Hallmarks, and Gallantry are reset to zero every monthly content update.
Ambuscade Primer Volume One
|Very Difficult||3600||300 ~ 1500|
|Difficult||2400||240 ~ 1200|
|Normal||1200||180 ~ 900|
|Easy||600||80 ~ 400|
|200||20 ~ 100|
Ambuscade Primer Volume Two
|Very Difficult||300||30 ~ 150|
|Difficult||250||25 ~ 125|
|Normal||200||20 ~ 100|
|Easy||150||15 ~ 75|
|100||10 ~ 50|
Redeeming Hallmarks and Gallantry
Spend your accumulated Hallmarks and Gallantry with Gorpa-Masorpa, who offers a limited stock of rewards that is reset at every monthly content update, usually around the first or second Thursday of each month. Both Hallmarks and Gallantry are reset to 0 upon each monthly update.
Ambuscade rewards are organized into materials used to reforge REMA weaponry, Skirmish Stones, JSE Capes and materials used to augment them, and Vouchers and Tokens redeemable for Ambuscade Armor and the materials required to upgrade it.
REMA Reforging Materials
The full list of REMA Materials purchasable with Hallmarks is always available.
REMA Materials purchased with Gallantry are available on a rotating schedule.
- Empyrean weapon materials are available January, April, July, and October.
- Relic weapon materials are available February, May, August, and November.
- Mythic/Ergon weapon materials are available March, June, September, and December.
+2 Skirmish Stones are available every month, purchasable only with Hallmarks. Each stone costs 200 Hallmarks, up to a limit of 10 of each type.
You can buy up to one cape per job for 500 Hallmarks each.
The materials for augmenting these capes can be bought with either Hallmarks or Gallantry, with different prices and stock limits.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 NQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. Gallantry can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 HQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month.
are used to upgrade NQ armor to HQ, and HQ armor to HQ+2 armor. These materials are available either for Hallmarks or Gallantry.
This special tally of total accumulated Hallmarks is used to obtain items and equipment from a special menu. Once an item is redeemed, it disappears. Total Hallmarks are not consumed, but represent an ever filling pool that grants access to more expensive rewards from this list:
- Total Hallmarks are the only currency accepted for Ambuscade Ring coupons. The coupons also alternate between Vouchers and Tokens every content update.
- 130: Monthly NQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 220: Monthly NQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 280: x 12
- 370: Monthly NQ Head Voucher/Token
- 620: Monthly NQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 1,050: Monthly NQ Body Voucher/Token
- 1,350: Monthly Ring Voucher/Token
- 1,800: Monthly HQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 3,000: Monthly HQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 5,000: Monthly HQ Head Voucher/Token
- 8,500: Monthly HQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 14,500: Monthly HQ Body Voucher/Token
Volume 1: Trolls
Face off against the Bozzetto Bruiser and his allies
Regardless of difficulty, the Bruiser is always present at the start of the battle. When engaged, he will summon helpers of two types:
Very Easy, Easy and Normal: Upon engaging the Bruiser, he will summon two allies
Difficult: Upon engaging the Bruiser, he will summon four allies
Very Difficult: A dahak ally Zahhak is present at the start of the fight. Upon engaging the Bruiser, he will summon four allies
Approximately 15 seconds after engaging, all Trolls will receive an aura that grants them a potent damage taken reduction bonus, as well as unlocking the use of Pleiades Ray and Super Speed by the Bruiser. This aura can be removed by performing physical weaponskills to the Sharpshooters and magical weaponskills to the Justiciar. Once the aura is removed from all the adds, it is removed from the Bruiser. The aura will reappear 15 seconds after it has been removed. If adds are killed before the Bruiser is defeated, the aura cannot be dispelled from the Bruiser.. The small adds have no way of gaining the aura if the Bruiser is dead.
The common strategy employs the following kill order: Zahak > Bruiser > Everything Else.
With the enemies grouped up in front of the tank, Area of Effect Weapon Skills are effective at removing the aura without melee needing to switch targets.
AoE Physical Weapon Skills:
- Overthrow - Front AOE Damage + Knockback.
- Haymaker - Physical damage and amnesia.
- Diamondhide - Stoneskin effect to all allies in range.
- Quicklime - Damage + Amnesia.
- Enervation - AOE Defense Down and Magic Defense Down to foes in range.
- Quake Stomp - Boost.
- Potent Lunge - Single target Physical damage.
- Sledgehammer - Front AOE Damage + Petrification
- Incessant Fists - 5-hits of physical damage to current target.
- Head Snatch - Reduces target's HP to 10% of remaining HP. Ignores shadows, defense and Stoneskin. Does not remove Stoneskin.
- Headseize (VD Only) - Reduces target's HP to 1% of remaining HP. Ignores shadows, defense and Stoneskin. Does not remove Stoneskin. Resets Enmity on current target.
- Draw In - In retaliation to spells being cast on it from range.
Bruiser (Only when aura is up):
- Super Speed - Magic Shield to all allies in range. Absorbs all magic damage for the duration
- Pleiades Ray - Brief Stun, AOE Damage, Petrification, Paralysis, Silence, Plague, Poison and Slow.
- Voidsong - Dispels all buffs from foes in range. Locked out with Silence
- Nullsong - Dispels all buffs from foes in range, dealing damage proportional to the number of buffs dispelled. Locked out with Silence.
- Petro Eyes - Gaze attack that inflicts Petrification.
- Body Slam - AOE Physical damage to foes in range.
Where to get your Primer:
- Superior Private Assault: Troll Fugitives.
- Survival Guide warp to Wajaom Woodlands and zone into Halvung. The trolls are in Halvung, Map 1 (G-11)
- Survival Guide warp to Halvung and walk out to Bhaflau Thickets. A few trolls wander outside.
Volume 2: Undead
The fight ends when Culler Jack is defeated.
The Difficulty Settings determines only the stats of Culler Jack and her allies.
- Possesses a strong physical and magical damage reduction trait while her hounds are active.
- Takes reduced physical damage and additional magic damage. Defeating the Clawer removes Culler Jack's Magic Defense Bonus.
- Takes additional physical damage and reduced magic damage. Defeating the Wheezer removes Culler Jack's Physical Defense Bonus.
If both hounds are defeated, they will respawn approximately 20 seconds later.
- Uses most Axe Weapon Skills and will attempt to skillchain her current target.
- Trick or Treat - AOE Amnesia, Silence, ~10 second Terror, 1 Buff drained, enmity reset on affected targets. Everything but the buff drain is resistable. If affected targets have eaten Sweets, then Trick or Treat will instead dispel that food buff and apply a Slow effect to Culler Jack instead.
Culler Jack: None
Where to get your Primer:
- Xarcabard (S) ( ), Ghosts and Corpselights northwest of Home Point #1
- Fei'Yin, Map 1 ( ), Ghosts south of Home Point #1.
All items (46)
- Abdhaljs Dust
- Abdhaljs Dye
- Abdhaljs Fiber
- Abdhaljs Metal
- Abdhaljs Needle
- Abdhaljs Resin
- Abdhaljs Sap
- Abdhaljs Seal
- Abdhaljs Thread
- Abdhaljs Tome
- Ambuscade Token: Body
- Ambuscade Token: Body +1
- Ayanmo Corazza +1 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza +2 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza Set
- Mallquis Saio +1 Set
- Mallquis Saio +2 Set
- Mallquis Saio Set
- Meghanada Cuirie +1 Set
- Meghanada Cuirie +2 Set
- Meghanada Cuirie Set
- Mummu Jacket +1 Set
- Mummu Jacket +2 Set
- Mummu Jacket Set