Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
Getting StartedFirst, activate the Records of Eminence quest Stepping into an Ambuscade, then talk to Gorpa-Masorpa at Mhaura ( ). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item. Ambuscade Primer Volume One grants entry to Intense Ambuscade, a more challenging encounter. Ambuscade Primer Volume Two grants entry to Normal Ambuscade, a step down in technical difficulty. "Intense" and "Normal" not only describe the relative challenge of the two battlefields, but alter the final rewards on completion.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires five kills, while Volume 2 requires 10.
The Ambuscade Tome
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party at the Ambuscade Tome right next to Gorpa-Masorpa. At registration you choose the difficulty level of the selected Ambuscade type and inscribe your name into the tome, assigning you a number. Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. The Tome also has an option to auto-transport your party to the battlefields as soon as your number is announced.
- Your Key Item is lost upon completion of a successful battle.
RewardsSuccessful completion of an Ambuscade battlefield rewards two forms of currency: Hallmarks and Gallantry. Hallmarks earned vary with the Key Item used to enter the battlefield and the selected difficulty level. Gallantry earned is based on the Key Item, Difficulty and the total number of party members, excluding Trusts. Solo players do not earn Gallantry. Using an will triple the currency rewards for a single win.
- Hallmarks, Total Hallmarks, and Gallantry are reset to zero every monthly content update.
Ambuscade Primer Volume One
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||3600||300 ~ 1500|
|Difficult||2400||240 ~ 1200|
|Normal||1200||180 ~ 900|
|Easy||600||80 ~ 400|
|200||20 ~ 100|
Ambuscade Primer Volume Two
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||300||30 ~ 150|
|Difficult||250||25 ~ 125|
|Normal||200||20 ~ 100|
|Easy||150||15 ~ 75|
|100||10 ~ 50|
Redeeming Hallmarks and Gallantry
Spend your accumulated Hallmarks and Gallantry with Gorpa-Masorpa, who offers a limited stock of rewards that is reset at every monthly content update, usually around the first or second Thursday of each month.
Ambuscade rewards are organized into materials used to reforge REMA weaponry, Skirmish Stones, JSE Capes and materials used to augment them, and Vouchers and Tokens redeemable for Ambuscade Armor and the materials required to upgrade it.
REMA Reforging Materials
The full list of REMA Materials purchasable with Hallmarks is always available.
REMA Materials purchased with Gallantry are available on a rotating schedule.
- Empyrean weapon materials are available January, April, July, and October.
- Relic weapon materials are available February, May, August, and November.
- Mythic/Ergon weapon materials are available March, June, September, and December.
+2 Skirmish Stones are available every month, purchasable only with Hallmarks. Each stone costs 200 Hallmarks, up to a limit of 10 of each type.
You can buy up to one cape per job for 500 Hallmarks each.
The materials for augmenting these capse can be bought with either Hallmarks or Gallantry, with different prices and stock limits.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 NQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. Gallantry can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 HQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month.The special materials and are used to upgrade NQ armor to HQ, and HQ armor to HQ+2 armor. These materials are available either for Hallmarks or Gallantry.
This special tally of total accumulated Hallmarks is used to obtain items and equipment from a special menu. Once an item is redeemed, it disappears. Total Hallmarks are not consumed, but represent an ever filling pool that grants access to more expensive rewards from this list:
- Total Hallmarks are the only currency accepted for Ambuscade Ring coupons. The coupons also alternate between Vouchers and Tokens every content update.
- 130: Monthly NQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 220: Monthly NQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 280: x 12
- 370: Monthly NQ Head Voucher/Token
- 620: Monthly NQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 1,050: Monthly NQ Body Voucher/Token
- 1,350: Monthly Ring Voucher/Token
- 1,800: Monthly HQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 3,000: Monthly HQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 5,000: Monthly HQ Head Voucher/Token
- 8,500: Monthly HQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 14,500: Monthly HQ Body Voucher/Token
Volume 1: Qiqirn
Face off against the Bozzetto Pilferer and its allies. The main gimmick of the fight is Steal Essence, an ability that dispels Song, Roll, Indi-Geomancy and Avatar's Favor effects while healing the boss to full and leveling it up. Parties must avoid these powerful AOE buffs while still capping accuracy and attack speed on an evasive foe that likes to steal everything it can from you.
- Bozzetto Pilferer - a THF with access to multiple SP abilities.
- Bozzetto Mine - summoned periodically by the Pilferer throughout the fight.
- Bozzetto Scoundrel - THF assistants to the Pilferer. Appear to gain a strong Regain effect as the fight progresses.
The fight ends when all foes are defeated.
The Difficulty Setting determines the total number of Bozzetto Scoundrels present at the start of the fight.
Very Difficult: 5 Scoundrels
Difficult: 4 Scoundrels
Normal: 3 Scoundrels
Easy: 1 Scoundrel
Very Easy: 0 Scoundrels
- Being Thief mobs, they have enhanced Evasion.
- Immune to Lullaby and Stun. Immune to debuffing Geomancy. Resistant to Slow. Susceptible to Bind, Dream Flower and Sleep.
- Appear to take additional damage from Skillchains. 
Immune to all forms of Sleep, Lullaby, Stun, and Break. Resistant to Slow.
- Steal Essence: Triggered if any party member has active Song, Roll, Geomancy or Avatar's Favor effects. Dispels the aforementioned effects, restores 100% of the foe's HP and it levels up.
- Steal HP: Drains 50% of maximum HP. Players below 51% HP are instantly KO'd. Ignores any Physical Damage Taken reduction like Sentinel's Scherzo and Migawari. Pierces shadows. Stoneskin helps.
- Steal MP: Drains approximately 25% of maximum MP . Pierces shadows.
- Steal TP: Sets target's TP to 0. Pierces shadows.
- Steal Ability: Randomly sets one of the target's Job Abilities to maximum recast duration. Pierces shadows.
- Steal Status: Absorbs one random primary stat from its target. Target's stolen primary stat set to 0.
- Kibosh: Physical damage + Amnesia. Absorbed by one shadow. Damage occasionally augmented to 2.5~3k via a not yet understood understood mechanic.
- Cutpurse: Encumberance on one equipment slot. Pierces shadows.
- Faze: Gaze attack that inflicts Terror. Pierces shadows. Can be avoided by not facing the monster. Scoundrels tend to favor this move when awakened and at range from their current target.
- Perfect Dodge: SP ability used by all Qiqirn foes. Triggered by not receiving enough damage within a certain window of time.
- Sandspray: Front AOE Damage + Blindness. Pierces shadows.
- Deadeye: Gaze attack that inflicts Attack Down and Defense Down. Pierces shadows. Can be avoided by not facing the monster.
- SP Abilities available: Perfect Dodge, Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists, and Mighty Strikes. Perfect Dodge is triggered by not receiving enough damage within a certain window of time.
- Summon Mine: Uses this ability approximately every minute. Creates a Bozzetto Mine. Resets hate on all Qiqirn.
- Mine Blast: Very wide AOE damage. Awakens nearby Scoundrels if they are asleep.
Where to get your Primer:
- Caedarva Mire, near Home Point #1, roughly 4 spawns, during daytime only.
- Small groups patrolling Alzadaal Undersea Ruins accessible via the Nyzul Isle Staging Point, but spread far apart and on very long respawn timers. Use Wide Scan.
- Aydeewa Subterrane, Map 1 or Map 3. VWNM Warp puts you outside map #1. Take the Mamook Survival Guide warp, then exit to Wajaom Woodlands and ride to Entrance #8 of Map #3 at Wajaom Woodlands ( ). There are approximately 15 Qiqirn spawns near this entrance, the highest concentration of any non-Assault zone.
- CS Wildcat Badge Assault: Egg Conservation
Volume 2: Vermin
Face off against the Spider Aurantia. Aurantia alternates between damage vulnerabilities periodically. It will attempt to erode player defense with various status down effects caused by Acid Spray. Healers will need to react quickly to remove these status effects.
The fight ends when Aurantia is defeated.
The Difficulty Settings determines only the stats and HP of Aurantia.
Aurantia periodically switches damage vulnerabilities between physical and magical, indicated by an SP animation but with no accompanying battle log message.
- Switches periodically between taking extra physical or extra magical damage.
- Sickle Slash will hit players affected by Defense Down particularly hard.
- Acid Spray will hit players affected by Magic Defense Down particularly hard.
- Sickle Slash: Heavy physical damage to one target. Absorbed by 1 shadow.
- Spider Web: Area of Effect Slow to nearby players.
- Acid Spray: Front AOE damage + Poison + Defense Down or Magic Defense Down or Magic Evasion Down.
Where to get your Primer:
- Ceizak Battlegrounds: Tons of Chapuli, Twitherym and a Mantids near Bivouac #1. Bees near Bivouac #2 and the Home Point.
- Yahse Hunting Grounds: Flies and Chapuli everywhere.