Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
Getting StartedFirst, activate the Records of Eminence quest Stepping into an Ambuscade, then talk to Gorpa-Masorpa at Mhaura ( ). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item. Ambuscade Primer Volume One grants entry to Intense Ambuscade, a more challenging encounter. Ambuscade Primer Volume Two grants entry to Normal Ambuscade, a step down in technical difficulty. "Intense" and "Normal" not only describe the relative challenge of the two battlefields, but alter the final rewards on completion.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires five kills, while Volume 2 requires 10.
The Ambuscade Tome
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party at the Ambuscade Tome right next to Gorpa-Masorpa. At registration you choose the difficulty level of the selected Ambuscade type and inscribe your name into the tome, assigning you a number. Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. The Tome also has an option to auto-transport your party to the battlefields as soon as your number is announced.
- Your Key Item is lost upon completion of a successful battle.
RewardsSuccessful completion of an Ambuscade battlefield rewards two forms of currency: Hallmarks and Gallantry. Hallmarks earned vary with the Key Item used to enter the battlefield and the selected difficulty level. Gallantry earned is based on the Key Item, Difficulty and the total number of party members, excluding Trusts. Solo players do not earn Gallantry. Using an will triple the currency rewards for a single win.
- Hallmarks, Total Hallmarks, and Gallantry are reset to zero every monthly content update.
Ambuscade Primer Volume One
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||3600||300 ~ 1500|
|Difficult||2400||240 ~ 1200|
|Normal||1200||180 ~ 900|
|Easy||600||80 ~ 400|
|600||20 ~ 100|
Ambuscade Primer Volume Two
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||300||30 ~ 150|
|Difficult||200||20 ~ 100|
|Normal||100||10 ~ 50|
|Easy||75||5 ~ 25|
|50||1 ~ 5|
Redeeming Hallmarks and Gallantry
Spend your accumulated Hallmarks and Gallantry with Gorpa-Masorpa, who offers a limited stock of rewards that is reset at every monthly content update, usually around the first or second Thursday of each month.
Ambuscade rewards are organized into materials used to reforge REMA weaponry, Skirmish Stones, JSE Capes and materials used to augment them, and Vouchers and Tokens redeemable for Ambuscade Armor and the materials required to upgrade it.
REMA Reforging Materials
The full list of REMA Materials purchasable with Hallmarks is always available.
REMA Materials purchased with Gallantry are available on a rotating schedule.
- Empyrean weapon materials are available January, April, July, and October.
- Relic weapon materials are available February, May, August, and November.
- Mythic/Ergon weapon materials are available March, June, September, and December.
+2 Skirmish Stones are available every month, purchasable only with Hallmarks. Each stone costs 200 Hallmarks, up to a limit of 10 of each type.
You can buy up to one cape per job for 500 Hallmarks each.
The materials for augmenting these capse can be bought with either Hallmarks or Gallantry, with different prices and stock limits.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 NQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. Gallantry can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 HQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month.The special materials and are used to upgrade NQ armor to HQ, and HQ armor to HQ+2 armor. These materials are available either for Hallmarks or Gallantry.
This special tally of total accumulated Hallmarks is used to obtain items and equipment from a special menu. Once an item is redeemed, it disappears. Total Hallmarks are not consumed, but represent an ever filling pool that grants access to more expensive rewards from this list:
- Total Hallmarks are the only currency accepted for Ambuscade Ring coupons. The coupons also alternate between Vouchers and Tokens every content update.
- 130: Monthly NQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 220: Monthly NQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 280: x 12
- 370: Monthly NQ Head Voucher/Token
- 620: Monthly NQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 1,050: Monthly NQ Body Voucher/Token
- 1,350: Monthly Ring Voucher/Token
- 1,800: Monthly HQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 3,000: Monthly HQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 5,000: Monthly HQ Head Voucher/Token
- 8,500: Monthly HQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 14,500: Monthly HQ Body Voucher/Token
Volume 1: Velkk
Face off against up to 4 Velkk
The configuration of the enemy group depends on the difficulty
- Very Easy: The Regent is alone
- Easy: The Regent is joined by a BLM
- Normal: The Regent is joined by a DRK and PLD
- Difficult: All four enemies are present
- Very Difficult: All four enemies are present
All adds are susceptible to Sleep, Gravity, Stun, Paralysis and Silence.
When a Servitor dies, all remaining foes level up.
After the BLM Servitor dies, the Regent will take 0 damage from Skillchains and Magic Bursts.
The Borzetto Regent's normal auto attacks possess Additional Effect: Bind. One of its normal auto attacks has a very wide AOE range, making a clean opening pull challenging.
The four Velkk have a built-in damage reduction when attacked from the front.
All Servitors will use their respective SP abilities.
- Nobless Oblige - Levels up. Cures for 15% of total health. Triggered after receiving 25k damage in a single attack. Also uses this in retaliation for any Servitor being defeated. After any Servitor is dead, it will continue to use this move after receiving 40k damage in a single attack. Nullified damage still counts towards this total.
- Sovereign's Edict - Resets aggro on any remaining adds. Gains a Magic Shield for 15 seconds. Triggers Adds to use their SP ability. The Magic Shield effect is functionally identical to Elemental Sforzo and cannot be dispelled, but can be taken with Larceny.
- Croctastrophe - Severe 30' AOE Damage
- Velkkan Ambush - Front AOE Damage + Dispel. Takes up to 4 buffs.
- Coming Through - Front AOE damage. Absorbed by 2 shadows.
- Galumph - 15' AOE Damage, Stun, Attack Down
- Merciless Mauling - Front AOE damage. Absorbed by 2 shadows.
- Saurian Swamp - (BLM only) AOE Damage, Bind, and Slow
- Jungle Hoodoo - (BLM only) AOE Damage, Plague, Curse, and Paralysis.
- Saurian Slide - (PLD and DRK only) Physical damage, removes main and sub weapons and inflicts Encumberance. Absorbed by 2 shadows.
- Jungle Wallop - Severe AOE Damage, Bind, Silence and Amnesia
- Death Spin - AOE Damage, Knockback and Defense Down
- Velkkan Pygmachia - Single Target damage + Dispel. Takes up to 4 buffs.
- Glutinous Dart - Physical damage, Bind. Absorbed by 1 shadow.
- Manafont (BLM only)
- Blood Weapon (DRK only)
- Invincible (PLD only)
Borzetto Servitor (BLM)
Where to get your Primer: Marjami Ravine (K-9). Take the Bivouac #1 waypoint and climb down to the lower level, or take the Bivouac #2 waypoint and enter the small tunnel at J-10, working your way to the Incursion entrance.
Volume 2: Birds
- Ice Elemental - Two summoned at the start of the fight.
- Air Elemental - Two summoned after the Ice Elementals are defeated.
- Light Elemental - Two summoned after the Air Elementals are defeated.
The fight ends when Pamola is defeated.
The Difficulty Settings determines only the stats of the foes in the battlefield.
- All foes are immune to sleep. Elementals are susceptible to stun.
- Pamola takes reduced damage of all types unless Light Elementals are alive.
- Pamola emits a paralyze aura when Ice Elementals are alive.
- Pamola emits a weight aura when Air Elementals are alive.
- Pamola emits a Regen and Regain aura when Light Elementals are alive.
- Swooping Frenzy - Front AOE physical damage + Defense Down + Magic Defense Down
- Pentapeck - Single target physical damage.
- Molting Plumage - Front AOE wind damage.
- Frigid Pulse - Front AOE ice damage + Paralysis. Prefers this move after Ice Elementals have been summoned.
- From the Skies - Single target damage. Prefers this move after Air Elementals have been summoned
- Summon Elementals: - Summons 2 Ice Elementals first, then 2 Air Elementals, then 2 Light Elementals.
- Blizzaga II/III, Blizzaja
- Blizzard III/IV
- Aeroga II/III, Aeroja
- Aero III/IV
Where to get your Primer:
- Marjami Ravine: Spread all over the zone, pick your favorite bivouac warp.