Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
Getting StartedFirst, activate the Records of Eminence quest Stepping into an Ambuscade, then talk to Gorpa-Masorpa at Mhaura ( ). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item. Ambuscade Primer Volume One grants entry to Intense Ambuscade, a more challenging encounter. Ambuscade Primer Volume Two grants entry to Normal Ambuscade, a step down in technical difficulty. "Intense" and "Normal" not only describe the relative challenge of the two battlefields, but alter the final rewards on completion.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires five kills, while Volume 2 requires 10.
The Ambuscade Tome
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party at the Ambuscade Tome right next to Gorpa-Masorpa. At registration you choose the difficulty level of the selected Ambuscade type and inscribe your name into the tome, assigning you a number. Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. The Tome also has an option to auto-transport your party to the battlefields as soon as your number is announced.
- Your Key Item is lost upon completion of a successful battle.
RewardsSuccessful completion of an Ambuscade battlefield rewards two forms of currency: Hallmarks and Gallantry. Hallmarks earned vary with the Key Item used to enter the battlefield and the selected difficulty level. Gallantry earned is based on the Key Item, Difficulty and the total number of party members, excluding Trusts. Solo players do not earn Gallantry. Using an will triple the currency rewards for a single win.
- Hallmarks, Total Hallmarks, and Gallantry are reset to zero every monthly content update.
Ambuscade Primer Volume One
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||3600||300 ~ 1500|
|Difficult||2400||240 ~ 1200|
|Normal||1200||180 ~ 900|
|Easy||600||80 ~ 400|
|600||20 ~ 100|
Ambuscade Primer Volume Two
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||300||30 ~ 150|
|Difficult||200||20 ~ 100|
|Normal||100||10 ~ 50|
|Easy||75||5 ~ 25|
|50||1 ~ 5|
Redeeming Hallmarks and Gallantry
Spend your accumulated Hallmarks and Gallantry with Gorpa-Masorpa, who offers a limited stock of rewards that is reset at every monthly content update, usually around the first or second Thursday of each month.
Ambuscade rewards are organized into materials used to reforge REMA weaponry, Skirmish Stones, JSE Capes and materials used to augment them, and Vouchers and Tokens redeemable for Ambuscade Armor and the materials required to upgrade it.
REMA Reforging Materials
The full list of REMA Materials purchasable with Hallmarks is always available.
REMA Materials purchased with Gallantry are available on a rotating schedule.
- Empyrean weapon materials are available January, April, July, and October.
- Relic weapon materials are available February, May, August, and November.
- Mythic/Ergon weapon materials are available March, June, September, and December.
+2 Skirmish Stones are available every month, purchasable only with Hallmarks. Each stone costs 200 Hallmarks, up to a limit of 10 of each type.
You can buy up to one cape per job for 500 Hallmarks each.
The materials for augmenting these capse can be bought with either Hallmarks or Gallantry, with different prices and stock limits.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 NQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. Gallantry can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 HQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month.The special materials and are used to upgrade NQ armor to HQ, and HQ armor to HQ+2 armor. These materials are available either for Hallmarks or Gallantry.
This special tally of total accumulated Hallmarks is used to obtain items and equipment from a special menu. Once an item is redeemed, it disappears. Total Hallmarks are not consumed, but represent an ever filling pool that grants access to more expensive rewards from this list:
- Total Hallmarks are the only currency accepted for Ambuscade Ring coupons. The coupons also alternate between Vouchers and Tokens every content update.
- 130: Monthly NQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 220: Monthly NQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 280: x 12
- 370: Monthly NQ Head Voucher/Token
- 620: Monthly NQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 1,050: Monthly NQ Body Voucher/Token
- 1,350: Monthly Ring Voucher/Token
- 1,800: Monthly HQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 3,000: Monthly HQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 5,000: Monthly HQ Head Voucher/Token
- 8,500: Monthly HQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 14,500: Monthly HQ Body Voucher/Token
Volume 1: Moogles
Face off against the giant Moogle Bozzetto Voyager Moogle and its allies. There are several main gimmicks to the fight which will wither your party to nothing if you do not take pre-emptive action to counter their effects.
- Bozzetto Voyager Moogle - No specific job, access to multiple SP abilities.
- Moogle - 2 present at the start of the battle near pillars on either side of the Voyager Moogle
- Bozzetto Steward - Summoned periodically throughout the encounter
The fight ends when the Bozzetto Voyager Moogle is defeated.
The Difficulty Setting determines the SP abilities available to the Voyager Moogle, as well as the total number of times it uses them as well as the potency of some of its more devastating abilities.
Very Difficult : SP abilities used 6 times (85%, 65%, 45%, 25%, 10%). Kaustra aura ticks for 1000 HP and 250 MP every 3 seconds.
Easy: SP abilities used 3 times. Kaustra aura does 500 HP every 3 seconds and 100 MP every 3 seconds.
- Immune to Gravity, and Sleep. Susceptible to other Enfeebling Magic, including Silence, Addle and Bind.
- Outside of Manafont and Chainspell, casts its spells with a certain priority: Protect V > Shell V > Haste II > Cure VI. Will not cast Cure VI if any of its 3 buffs are missing.
- Upon using any of its SP abilities, emits an extremely potent 50' Kaustra aura for 35 seconds which gradually ticks away large chunks of HP and MP.
- This Aura can take up to 10~15 seconds to become active, but can also become active immediately. Planning ahead with countermeasures and quick cure reactions are paramount.
- SP abilities that are legal targets for Larceny can be stolen, which prevents the aura from becoming active.. The Voyager Moogle will not use another SP ability if the duration of its stolen SP ability has not expired.
- Do not attack players.
- Very Easy to Normal: Do not move.
- Difficult and Very Difficult: Wander around the map regardless of enmity.
- Chats into the log with "Time to focus, kupo!" or "C'mon, everyone, kupo!" every time the Voyager Moogle uses an SP ability.
- Immune to all Enfeebling Magic. Shadowbind works.
- Does not move
- Takes almost no damage from attacks, but despawns on its own after 1 minute.
- Soon after appearing, begins to emit a strong Dia and Elemental Enfeebling (Shock, Rasp, etc) aura in a small radius. On VD this aura ticks for ~400HP every 3 seconds.
- Multiple stewards can be up at the same time.
- Access one of the following SP Abilities at random. It can use the same ability back-to-back.
- Mogsplosion: Targeted AoE Damage + Knockback.
- Somnic Shell: Targeted AoE Sleep.
- Contaminated Concoction: Single target Disease.
- Bill Toss: Lengthy (10~30 seconds) Gaze AoE Terror.
- Washtub: AoE Damage + Stun + Bind + Slow or Defense Down.
- Crystalline Flare: AoE Magic Damage + Blindness + Stun + Magic Accuracy Down.
- Invite Over: Summons a Bozzetto Steward at its location.
- Tier V Elemental Magic
- Tier III Elemental -ga Magic
- Elemental -ja Magic
- Poisonga II
- Protect V
- Shell V
- Cure VI
- Haste II
Where to get your Primer:
- Any experience-yielding enemy does the trick, pick your favorite.
Volume 2: Undead
All items (47)
- Abdhaljs Dust
- Abdhaljs Dye
- Abdhaljs Fiber
- Abdhaljs Metal
- Abdhaljs Needle
- Abdhaljs Resin
- Abdhaljs Sap
- Abdhaljs Seal
- Abdhaljs Thread
- Abdhaljs Tome
- Ambuscade Token: Body
- Ambuscade Token: Body +1
- Ayanmo Corazza +1 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza +2 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza Set
- Mallquis Saio +1 Set
- Mallquis Saio +2 Set
- Mallquis Saio Set
- Meghanada Cuirie +1 Set
- Meghanada Cuirie +2 Set
- Meghanada Cuirie Set
- Mummu Jacket +1 Set
- Mummu Jacket +2 Set
- Mummu Jacket Set