Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
Getting StartedFirst, activate the Records of Eminence quest Stepping into an Ambuscade, then talk to Gorpa-Masorpa at Mhaura ( ). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item. Ambuscade Primer Volume One grants entry to Intense Ambuscade, a more challenging encounter. Ambuscade Primer Volume Two grants entry to Normal Ambuscade, a step down in technical difficulty. "Intense" and "Normal" not only describe the relative challenge of the two battlefields, but alter the final rewards on completion.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires five kills, while Volume 2 requires 10.
The Ambuscade Tome
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party at the Ambuscade Tome right next to Gorpa-Masorpa. At registration you choose the difficulty level of the selected Ambuscade type and inscribe your name into the tome, assigning you a number. Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. The Tome also has an option to auto-transport your party to the battlefields as soon as your number is announced.
- Your Key Item is lost upon completion of a successful battle.
RewardsSuccessful completion of an Ambuscade battlefield rewards two forms of currency: Hallmarks and Gallantry. Hallmarks earned vary with the Key Item used to enter the battlefield and the selected difficulty level. Gallantry earned is based on the Key Item, Difficulty and the total number of party members, excluding Trusts. Solo players do not earn Gallantry. Using an will triple the currency rewards for a single win.
- Hallmarks, Total Hallmarks, and Gallantry are reset to zero every monthly content update.
Ambuscade Primer Volume One
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||3600||300 ~ 1500|
|Difficult||2400||240 ~ 1200|
|Normal||1200||180 ~ 900|
|Easy||600||80 ~ 400|
|600||20 ~ 100|
Ambuscade Primer Volume Two
| Gallantry Earned|
|Very Difficult||300||30 ~ 150|
|Difficult||200||20 ~ 100|
|Normal||100||10 ~ 50|
|Easy||75||5 ~ 25|
|50||1 ~ 5|
Redeeming Hallmarks and Gallantry
Spend your accumulated Hallmarks and Gallantry with Gorpa-Masorpa, who offers a limited stock of rewards that is reset at every monthly content update, usually around the first or second Thursday of each month.
Ambuscade rewards are organized into materials used to reforge REMA weaponry, Skirmish Stones, JSE Capes and materials used to augment them, and Vouchers and Tokens redeemable for Ambuscade Armor and the materials required to upgrade it.
REMA Reforging Materials
The full list of REMA Materials purchasable with Hallmarks is always available.
REMA Materials purchased with Gallantry are available on a rotating schedule.
- Empyrean weapon materials are available January, April, July, and October.
- Relic weapon materials are available February, May, August, and November.
- Mythic/Ergon weapon materials are available March, June, September, and December.
+2 Skirmish Stones are available every month, purchasable only with Hallmarks. Each stone costs 200 Hallmarks, up to a limit of 10 of each type.
You can buy up to one cape per job for 500 Hallmarks each.
The materials for augmenting these capse can be bought with either Hallmarks or Gallantry, with different prices and stock limits.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 NQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. Gallantry can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 HQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month.The special materials and are used to upgrade NQ armor to HQ, and HQ armor to HQ+2 armor. These materials are available either for Hallmarks or Gallantry.
This special tally of total accumulated Hallmarks is used to obtain items and equipment from a special menu. Once an item is redeemed, it disappears. Total Hallmarks are not consumed, but represent an ever filling pool that grants access to more expensive rewards from this list:
- Total Hallmarks are the only currency accepted for Ambuscade Ring coupons. The coupons also alternate between Vouchers and Tokens every content update.
- 130: Monthly NQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 220: Monthly NQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 280: x 12
- 370: Monthly NQ Head Voucher/Token
- 620: Monthly NQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 1,050: Monthly NQ Body Voucher/Token
- 1,350: Monthly Ring Voucher/Token
- 1,800: Monthly HQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 3,000: Monthly HQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 5,000: Monthly HQ Head Voucher/Token
- 8,500: Monthly HQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 14,500: Monthly HQ Body Voucher/Token
Volume 1: Antica
<onlyinclude>Face off against the Bozzetto Consul and their summoned Antican army. There are two pivotal gimmicks to the fight, a Sabodenter Dulce running wildly around the entire battlefield and a seesaw of damage taken/damage dealt depending on your chosen strategy for the adds in the fight.
- Bozzetto Consul - WAR. Present at the start of the fight.
- Sabotender Dulce - Present at the start of the fight, running around the battlefield at faster than Flee speed.
As the fight progresses, the Consul will summon aid periodically.
- Bozzetto Stalwart - WAR.
- Bozzetto Hunter - DRK.
- Bozzetto Magister - BLM.
- Bozzetto Stalker - THF. Appear on Easy and higher difficulties
- Bozzetto Valiant - PLD. Appear on Normal and higher difficulties.
The fight ends when all antican enemies are defeated.
The Difficulty Setting determines the size of the reinforcements called, and the maximum size of the Antican army. Antica waves are always summoned in a set order. Stalwarts, Hunters, Magisters, Stalkers, and finally Valiants. Furthermore, the difficulty setting governs which needle attack is used by the Sabotender Dulce.
- 3 antica summoned per wave, maximum 15.
- Sabotender Dulce uses 10,000 Needles
- 2 antica summoned per wave, maximum 10.
- Sabotender Dulce uses 4,000 Needles
- 1 antica summoned per wave, maximum 5.
- Sabotender Dulce uses 2,000 Needles
- 1 antica summoned per wave, maximum 4.
- Sabotender Dulce uses 1,000 Needles
- 1 antica summoned per wave, maximum 3.
- Sabotender Dulce uses 100 Needles
- 140k HP on Very Difficult.
- Immune to all disabling magic. Ignores all enmity.
- Dies when the Consul is defeated.
- Periodically runs to a random party member and uses a needle attack.
- Gains a strange Evasion boost that can force weaponskills to miss.
- 1.4M HP on Very Difficult.
- Gains attack with every Antica killed.
- Takes double damage while summoning.
- Takes double damage when the Sabotender is within 10 yalms
All other Antica:
- Immune to sleep. Susceptible to other enfeebling magic, including Silence.
- Summon Allies Begins summoning if not damaged, will immediately summon if pushed past set HP percentages. On VD, the longest it will wait without summoning allies is about 20 seconds. Does not summon allies if Sabotender Dulce is dead.
- Mighty Strikes.
- Access to regular Antica abiliites, including Sand Trap (AOE Petrify + Enmity Reset), Jamming Wave (AOE Silence) and Magnetite Cloud (front AOE damage + Weight).
- Sand Trap - AOE Petrification and Enmity reset on affected players. Reported to have an interaction with Sand Squall (read below).
- Sand Shroud - Evasion Boost.
- Sand Squall - Heavy AOE Physical Damage + Blindness. Reports are that damage is proportional to damage received during previous ready of Sand Trap. Halting damage during Sand Trap may help the damage from Sand Squall from getting out of control.
- Fettering Tackle - Single Target Damage + Knockback.
- Access to regular Antica abilities.
- Access to their job's SP ability.
- Needles: Only uses this attack, and only after running at a random party member. Strength varies with Difficulty Setting. Damage is split between all affected targets. Resumes running around after every use.
- Cures, Flash, Protect and Shell on allies.
Where to get your Primer:
- Quicksand Caves - Take the proto-waypoint teleport. Players without the proto-waypoint can cheat with the Home Point near Chamber of Oracles and sit directly below the nearby dropdown, they will be in range of anything brought to the proto-waypoint.
Volume 2: Amorphs
<onlyinclude>Face off against the Slime Carousing Clot and its spawns. Carousing Clot has a substantial Damage Taken Down trait at the start of the fight, which can be gradually reduced by defeating its spawns.
- Carousing Clot - present at the start of the fight
- Ogdoad Slime - Summoned periodically. Dies when Carousing Clot is defeated.
- Mirthful Mandragora - Occasionally summoned instead of an Ogdoad Slime.
The fight ends when Carousing Clot is defeated.
The Difficulty Settings determines only the stats of Carousing Clot
- Takes tremendously decreased damage of all types. As per its species, takes more magical than physical damage.
- As adds are defeated, this damage reduction gradually reduces. With every add death, the damage taken reduction appears to go down by about 5%.
- Takes full damage from all attacks.
- Does not attack players
- Emits a moderate Refresh/Regain (25 MP, 50 TP every 3 seconds) aura that affects players within a small radius.
- Spawns with a DOT effect active on itself. Will eventually die without being attacked.
- Fluid Toss, Fluid Spread
- Epoxy Spread: AOE Bind + Enmity Reset on affected targets
- Mucus Spread: AOE Slow II (overwrites Haste II).
- Summon Ally: This will either be an Ogdoad Slime or Mirthful Mandragora. More than one add of each type can be up at any given moment.
Where to get your Primer:
All items (46)
- Abdhaljs Dust
- Abdhaljs Dye
- Abdhaljs Fiber
- Abdhaljs Metal
- Abdhaljs Needle
- Abdhaljs Resin
- Abdhaljs Sap
- Abdhaljs Seal
- Abdhaljs Thread
- Abdhaljs Tome
- Ambuscade Token: Body
- Ambuscade Token: Body +1
- Ayanmo Corazza +1 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza +2 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza Set
- Mallquis Saio +1 Set
- Mallquis Saio +2 Set
- Mallquis Saio Set
- Meghanada Cuirie +1 Set
- Meghanada Cuirie +2 Set
- Meghanada Cuirie Set
- Mummu Jacket +1 Set
- Mummu Jacket +2 Set
- Mummu Jacket Set