Ambuscade is a instanced dungeon battlefield in which players team up against the monster-of-the-month.
First, activate the Records of Eminence quest Stepping into an Ambuscade, then talk to Gorpa-Masorpa at Mhaura ( ). To enter any Ambuscade battlefield all players in the party will need a Key Item. Ambuscade Primer Volume One grants entry to Intense Ambuscade, a more challenging encounter. Ambuscade Primer Volume Two grants entry to Normal Ambuscade, a step down in technical difficulty. "Intense" and "Normal" not only describe the relative challenge of the two battlefields, but alter the final rewards on completion.
Obtaining Key Items
You obtain the Key Items with Records of Eminence quests. There are two different quests per Key Item to activate: a non-repeatable daily quest, and a repeatable quest. The Daily objectives for both Volume 1 and Volume 2 require one experience-yielding monster be killed of the specified type. The repeatable objective for Volume 1 requires one kill, while Volume 2 requires ten.
The Ambuscade Tome
Once everyone in the party has the Primer key items, the party leader then registers the party at the Ambuscade Tome right next to Gorpa-Masorpa. At registration you choose the difficulty level of the selected Ambuscade type and inscribe your name into the tome, assigning you a number. Inscribing your name in the Ambuscade Tome gives you a page number. Page numbers are called in a zone-wide system message "Page ### of the tome flares up!" and the party leader can interact again with the Tome to enter the battlefield. The Tome also has an option to auto-transport your party to the battlefields as soon as your number is announced.
- Your Key Item is lost upon completion of a successful battle.
Successful completion of an Ambuscade battlefield rewards two forms of currency: Hallmarks and Gallantry. Hallmarks earned vary with the Key Item used to enter the battlefield and the selected difficulty level. Gallantry earned is based on the Key Item, Difficulty and the total number of party members, excluding Trusts. Solo players do not earn Gallantry. Using an Abdhaljs Seal will triple the currency rewards for a single win.
- Hallmarks, Total Hallmarks, and Gallantry are reset to zero every monthly content update.
Ambuscade Primer Volume One
|Very Difficult||3600||300 ~ 1500|
|Difficult||2400||240 ~ 1200|
|Normal||1200||180 ~ 900|
|Easy||600||80 ~ 400|
|200||20 ~ 100|
Ambuscade Primer Volume Two
|Very Difficult||300||30 ~ 150|
|Difficult||250||25 ~ 125|
|Normal||200||20 ~ 100|
|Easy||150||15 ~ 75|
|100||10 ~ 50|
Redeeming Hallmarks and Gallantry
Spend your accumulated Hallmarks and Gallantry with Gorpa-Masorpa, who offers a limited stock of rewards that is reset at every monthly content update, usually around the first or second Thursday of each month. Both Hallmarks and Gallantry are reset to 0 upon each monthly update.
Ambuscade rewards are organized into materials used to reforge REMA weaponry, Skirmish Stones, JSE Capes and materials used to augment them, and Vouchers and Tokens redeemable for Ambuscade Armor and the materials required to upgrade it.
REMA Reforging Materials
The full list of REMA Materials purchasable with Hallmarks is always available.
REMA Materials purchased with Gallantry are available on a rotating schedule.
- Empyrean weapon materials are available January, April, July, and October.
- Relic weapon materials are available February, May, August, and November.
- Mythic/Ergon weapon materials are available March, June, September, and December.
+2 Skirmish Stones are available every month, purchasable only with Hallmarks. Each stone costs 200 Hallmarks, up to a limit of 10 of each type.
You can buy up to one cape per job for 500 Hallmarks each.
The materials for augmenting these capes can be bought with either Hallmarks or Gallantry, with different prices and stock limits.
Hallmarks can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 NQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. Gallantry can be used to purchase coupons good for 1 HQ piece of equipment, rotating between Tokens and Vouchers every month. The special materials Abdhaljs Metal and Abdhaljs Fiber are used to upgrade NQ armor to HQ, and HQ armor to HQ+2 armor. These materials are available either for Hallmarks or Gallantry.
This special tally of total accumulated Hallmarks is used to obtain items and equipment from a special menu. Once an item is redeemed, it disappears. Total Hallmarks are not consumed, but represent an ever filling pool that grants access to more expensive rewards from this list:
- Total Hallmarks are the only currency accepted for Ambuscade Ring coupons. The coupons also alternate between Vouchers and Tokens every content update.
- 100: Abdhaljs Seal
- 130: Monthly NQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 170: Super Reraiser
- 220: Monthly NQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 280: Remedy x 12
- 370: Monthly NQ Head Voucher/Token
- 480: Caliber Ring
- 620: Monthly NQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 800: Facility Ring
- 1,050: Monthly NQ Body Voucher/Token
- 1,350: Monthly Ring Voucher/Token
- 1,800: Monthly HQ Feet Voucher/Token
- 2,300: Abdhaljs Metal
- 2,300: Abdhaljs Fiber
- 3,000: Monthly HQ Hands Voucher/Token
- 3,900: Abdhaljs Metal
- 3,900: Abdhaljs Fiber
- 5,000: Monthly HQ Head Voucher/Token
- 6,500: Abdhaljs Metal
- 6,500: Abdhaljs Fiber
- 8,500: Monthly HQ Legs Voucher/Token
- 11,000: Abdhaljs Metal
- 11,000: Abdhaljs Fiber
- 14,500: Monthly HQ Body Voucher/Token
- 20,000: Abdhaljs Metal
- 20,000: Abdhaljs Fiber
- 25,000: SP Gobbie Key
Volume 1: Mamool Ja
Face off against the Sextuple Razool Ja, an army of identically named Mamool Ja who have unique elemental properties and who will use either Manafont or Mijin Gakure as their SP ability. Another mechanic of the fight revolves around whether or not the Mamool Ja have their weapons when they fall.
- Sextuple Razool Ja - Between three and six copies, depending on difficulty. Warrior type, but with the ability to cast Elemental Magic and with two different SP abilities.
The fight ends when all enemies are defeated.
The Difficulty Setting determines how many Mamool Ja you have to kill. Very Difficult has an extra mechanic.
Three Mamool Ja (Ice, Fire, Lightning)
Four Mamool Ja
Normal to Very Difficult:
Six Mamool Ja
Very Difficult Only:
Sleeping Sextuple Razool Ja now have a 33% chance to awaken if another dies.
- Approximately 270,000 HP on Very Difficult.
- Double Attack, Fast Cast (Chainspell speed), Resist Silence, Resist Sleep. Immune to stun.
- Enfeebling Geomancy effectiveness is cut in half.
- Each Mamool Ja is assigned an element, and will cast spells aligned to that element at near instant speed. They will absorb damage taken of their same element.
- When defeated, each Mamool Ja spread a bonus to the remainder depending on whether or not they had their staff at the time.. In addition to the bonuses, all remaining Mamool Ja gain Physical damage taken -2%
- If they have a staff, a log entry "The sage's wisdsom flows through you!" appears and the remaining Mamool Ja gain a stacking Magic Attack Bonus and Magic Defense Bonus.
- If they do not have a staff, a log entry "The warrior's strength flows through you!" appears and the remaining Mamool Ja gain a stacking Attack/Defense bonuses and the damage dealt by Mijin Gakure is increased.
- To identify their elements you can simply look at their position in the formation. Half the Mamool Ja are red, the others blue.
|Water (N+)||Wind (E+)||Earth (N+)|
- Manafont: Used once at 60% health.
- Mijin Gakure: Used in place of Manafont at 3% health. If Manafont has been used, will not use Mijin Gakure.
- Charge-Up: Magic Attack Bonus + Magic Defense Bonus for 60 seconds
- Warm-Up: Accuracy/Evasion Up
- Disarming Crescent: Physical damage, removes your weapons, Encumbrance (10 seconds). Absorbed by 1 shadow. Can be blocked by a Shield Block activation.
- Hurl Anathema: The Mamool Ja will throw (and not regain) its weapon. Physical damage, Mute, Plague, paralysis, slow and poison. Resets hate. Absorbed by 1 shadow.
- Ward Breach: Only used if it still has a staff. Physical Damage, dispels Shell effects, Magic Defense Down. Absorbed by 3 shadows.
- Shield Breach: Only used if it no longer has a staff. Physical damage, dispels Protect effects, Defense Down. Absorbed by 1 shadow.
- Each Mamool Ja casts spells of its associated element, including Ancient Magic II, single target V and VI and aoe tier IV, V and -ja Elemental Magic. Each will cast a spell at the start of the fight. All spells cast at chainspell speed.
Where to get your Primer:
Volume 2: Aquans
Face off against the Pteraketos Natsilane. This foe's vulnerability to damage types alternates with its uses of certain special abilities.
The fight ends when Natsilane is defeated.
The Difficulty Settings determines only the stats and HP of Natsilane.
Natsilane's TP moves determines its vulnerability to either magic or physical damage taken. It will use between 1 and 3 TP moves between mode changes.
- Has extremely high HP.
- Immune to Sleep and Petrification. Can be debuffed normally otherwise.
- Regular melee attacks deal area of effect damage on its sides and at its tail.
- Regular melee attacks have an additional effect: Plague
- Angry Seas: Inflicts AOE water damage to nearby players. Knocks back, inflicts weight, Encumbrance, and may de-equip weapons.
- Baleen Gurge: Draws In. Drains HP from nearby players. Starts taking 300% more physical damage.
- Deep Sea Dirge: Inflicts AOE physical damage to nearby players. Causes Amnesia. Ends physical damage vulnerability.
- Caudal Capacitor: Stuns nearby players, gains undispellable Shock Spikes effect. Starts taking 300% more magical damage.
- Echolocation: Front AOE damage + Silence.
- Waterspout: Front AOE damage + Knockback + All Stats down.
- Blowhole Blast: Inflicts AOE Paralysis to nearby players. Ends magic damage vulnerability.
- Depth Charge: Front AOE damage + Knockback + Shock.
Where to get your Primer:
- The Boyahda Tree: Steelshells near Home Point #1
- Marjami Ravine: Pugils near the Bivouac #2 telepoint.
All items (46)
- Abdhaljs Dust
- Abdhaljs Dye
- Abdhaljs Fiber
- Abdhaljs Metal
- Abdhaljs Needle
- Abdhaljs Resin
- Abdhaljs Sap
- Abdhaljs Seal
- Abdhaljs Thread
- Abdhaljs Tome
- Ambuscade Token: Body
- Ayanmo Corazza +2 Set
- Ayanmo Corazza Set