- You must have SMN set as your main job to trigger the cutscene with Carbuncle.
- You must zone if you do this straight after your previous AF quest or any quest involving Carbuncle.
- Next go and speak to Koru-Moru at (E-7) (His reference to a Rhinostery Researcher is to Ripapa).
- Head to Mhaura and speak to Ripapa, who is on the upper level at (I-9) just east of the Porter Moogle, to get the Lightning Pendulum.
- Go to The Boyahda Tree and get to the Cloister of Storms.
- Trade the Lightning Pendulum to the Lightning Protocrystal and enter the battlefield.
- Buff outside as they do NOT wear upon entering.
- The Lightning Gremlin's attacks occasionally (~60%) have the additional effect of draining TP.
- The Thunder Gremlin's attacks occasionally (~60%) have the additional effect of draining MP. The Thunder Gremlin's En-spells can overwrite this effect.
- Both Gremlins will resist Sleep and Repose, but not Bind.
- They can hit very hard, and drain 1~40 MP/TP per hit. Stoneskin will absorb the damage but not the drain effect. Blink tanking is suggested.
- The Lightning Gremlin (war) has roughly twice as much HP as the Thunder Gremlin (rdm) and hits much harder.
- See Testimonials for more info.
- Go back and speak to Koru-Moru. He will give you the key item Daze-Breaker Charm.
- Now go to Rabao and talk to Agado-Pugado at (G-9), who will give you the Wind Pendulum.
- Head for Cape Teriggan, walk to the Cloister of Gales, and trade the Wind Pendulum to the Wind Protocrystal and enter the battlefield.
- Defeat the manticore Ogmios.
- Return to Windurst Walls, and talk to Koru-Moru for a final cutscene and to receive the Evoker's Horn.
- If more than one person in the party is on this mission, there is no need to repeat the battles, as long as you do all the CS before each one, then you only need to win each fight once.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.