- You cannot unlock this quest if you already have another Weapon Skill quest active.
- As Ninja, talk to Ryoma (H-8) in Norg who will give you the Kodachi of Trials and the Weapon Training Guide (key item)
- Use the Kodachi of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must obtain 300 Weapon Skill Points.
- Only Weapon Skills performed on Easy Prey or higher will count, even while under the effect of Level Sync.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a Weapon Skill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 Skillchain.
- To check to see if the latent effect has disappeared simply open your equipment menu, and if the elemental bonuses granted by the Kodachi of Trials are gone you are done. The description of the weapon will not change.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Norg and trade the Kodachi of Trials back to Ryoma, who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Labyrinth of Onzozo.
- In the Labyrinth of Onzozo go to the lower right corner of I-5 and click the ??? to spawn the NM named Megapod Megalops. (Testimonials)
- After defeating Megapod Megalops, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item).
- Bring this back to Ryoma for your reward.
- Ryoma (Quay, Norg)
- Wield the katana given to you by Ryoma until it has been drained of its power. Only then will you be ready to inherit the knowledge of the ancient ninja masters.
The original Japanese for this quest title is: 武技相伝, while the English (Bugi Soden) is a transliteration as opposed to translation. A loose translation of the kanji into English would be "Bequeathing an aspect of a martial arts technique".
武技 (bugi) translates cleanly as "martial arts", while 伝 in this case would mean "to pass on/bequeath" (reference: 技を伝える, passing on one's skill). 相 is slightly more troublesome in this usage and would likely refer to an aspect (of the martial arts technique) being passed on.