Note: This mission requires a certain level of Rank Bar. Trade up to 10 crystals to the gate guard or complete repeatable missions up to several times.
- After accepting the mission, go directly to the Great Hall in the Chateau d'Oraguille for a cutscene with Trion, Pieuje, the papasque Shamonde, and Princess Claidie
- The next part of this mission is to collect three key items IN ORDER.
- The key items must be obtained in order.
- Key items cannot be skipped even if someone else pops the NMs for you for the last Key Item.
- For the first two Key Items, it is suggested to bring a job that can Sneak and Invisible itself. However, touching the ??? triggers a short cutscene that may cause mobs following you to lose aggro.
First: Key Item #1 is located at (I-8) in Valley of Sorrows.
Second: Key Item #2 is located at (H-7) in Xarcabard.
- The ??? is located in the upper level among some trees on your left as you go up the slope.
- Once the ??? is inspected, you will receive a Figure of Garuda.
- NOTE: To get to this location you will need at least one other person to operate the levers and control the gates inside the Eldieme Necropolis. Alternatively, you can purchase a Magicked astrolabe to open the gates in the dungeon solo now. See Churano-Shurano in Windurst Waters for details.
- Take the southern entrance to Eldieme Necropolis at (J-10) from Batallia Downs.
- Have one person use the Lever at (H-8) and manipulate the Gates, while the second person proceeds to the southern room at (G-9).
- Once there, the second person can use the matching Lever in the north part of the room to manipulate the Gates for the first person.
- Use Sneak if needed and drop down the hole in the center of the room at (G-9). (You'll get aggro even at lvl 99).
- Follow the path east and you will be on a new map. Work your way south, taking a right at the first intersection and a left at the second intersection. Follow this path until you zone back out to Batallia Downs
- After zoning, take a right and head South. The ??? you are looking for will be on the cliffs edge just east of the Stone Monument. Watch out for the Notorious Monster Ahtu, as it spawns on this island.
- Clicking the ??? will spawn two NM Rocs, Suparna and Suparna Fledgling.
- Suparna is a Warrior. Special Attacks include Horde Lullaby, Massacre Elegy, Magic Finale, Giga Scream, Dread Dive and Mighty Strikes.
- Suparna Fledgling is a White Mage. Special Attacks include Horde Lullaby, Massacre Elegy, Magic Finale, Giga Scream, Dread Dive and Benediction.
- Soloable or duoable by most jobs at level 90, and even earlier for some jobs.
- See the testimonials section of the talk page for tips and strategies on how to fight these NMs. (see testimonials)
- After defeating the NMs, check the ??? again for a cutscene and your final key item, a Figure of Leviathan.
- Report back to the King to end the mission.
- Mission Orders
- Darkness looms over San d'Oria. Report to the Audience Chamber in Chateau d'Oraguille for further details.