If you have any other Borghertz's Hands quest active, you must complete that one before you can start this quest.
- Speak to Guslam (H-8) in Upper Jeuno in the Durable Shields shop and accept the quest.
- After starting the quest, you can obtain the rewards in any order.
- Head to Monastic Cavern and open a coffer there, so either:
- You will obtain a pair of Old Gauntlets from the coffer.
- If this is your first time completing AF gear (for any job), do the following:
- Head back to Upper Jeuno and talk to Guslam again, who tells you he cannot repair them.
- Deadly Minnow, behind the counter in the same shop, will tell you to find a Mithra at the Tenshodo for more information.
- Go to Lower Jeuno and go into Neptune's Spire and talk to Yin Pocanakhu at (J-8). Pay her 1,000 gil to hear her story.
- Head to Port Jeuno, go downstairs into the Auction House area, and find a ??? on some crates just outside the Jeuno Duty-Free Shop at (H-8).
- Click on the ??? for a cutscene and ask to have the gloves repaired.
- Go to (F-8) in Castle Zvahl Baileys and touch one of the torches to spawn Dark Spark.
- Kill Dark Spark.
- Touch one of the torches again to receive the Shadow Flames.
- Head back to Port Jeuno and click on the ??? at the toolbox for another cutscene and your Rogue's Armlets. This completes the quest.
These coffers can be opened without this quest active and still receive the attire.
These coffers are not required to complete the quest.
You must have Thief as your main job when you open these coffers.
- Guslam mentions something about armor scattered about Vana'diel. You can find two more pieces of armor by opening coffers in the following zones:
- Guslam (Durable Shields, Upper Jeuno)
- Gauntlets wrought by Borghertz, the legendary craftsman, lie hidden somewhere in Vana'diel.