|This article is only a guide. Information expressed in a guide is usually more opinion than fact and should be taken as such. Guides are written by players, based upon their experiences, successes and mistakes, and are meant to aid other players. However, there may be differing opinions than those expressed in a guide. |
Strategies and information in guides may not work for everyone.
A list of armor for Blue Mage. Optimizing haste, STP, and Double Attack to ws as often as possible. Also listing DMG attributes (str, dex, atk, acc) and Triple attack and Conserve TP (CTP) will appear as well.
Other lists for Evasion, PDT, and MAB.
- WORK IN PROGRESS!
|Head||Mavi Kavuk +2||85||34||6%||Acc+12, Sword Skill+7, Enhances Chain Affinity|
|Head||Anwig Salade||75||21||3%||STP+4||Agi4/Increases WS Dmg+2%, Acc+10/Atk+5, Str+4/WS Acc+15, Dex+2/Haste2%, Dex4/Increases Crit Dmg2%|
|Body||Mavi Mintan +2||89||60||3%||Acc+12|
|Body||Mirke Wardecors||75||42||Dual Wield 3%||DA+2||STP+4||Acc+10, Crit Rate+3%, Atk+10|
|Hands||Ocelot Gloves||80||22||3%||Dex+4, Agi+8|
|Legs||Enkidu's Subligar||72||40||STP+5||Str+4, Dex+4|
|Legs||Mavi Tayt +2||83||47||4%||Str+8, Dex+8, Enhances Efflux|
|Legs||Desultor Tassets||75||34||+3||DA+2%||CTP+5||Dex/Agi+2, SC Dmg+5%, Atk+7, Acc+7, Crit Dmg+3%|
|Feet||Cobra Unit Leggings||68||10||STP+4||Acc+4|
|Feet||Setanta's Ledelsens||74||19||2%||Str+3, Dex+4, Acc+3|
|Feet||Dusk Ledelsens||72||23||2%||(lowers move speed)||Attack+4, HP+25|
|Neck||Chivalrous Chain||60||4||STP+1||Str+3, Acc+5|
|Back||Fourth Mantle||60||4||STP+2||Regain (Campaign)|
|Back||Bushido Cape||60||7||Enhances Zanshin||STP+1|
|Back||Aesir Mantle||75||6||DA+1%, 2% (darksday)||Atk+8|
|Earring||Wyvern Earring||30||5% (Drg SJ)|
|Earring||Aesir Ear Pendant||75||CTP+3 (+6 Dark Weather)||Attack +7|
|Earring||Suppanomimi||75||Dual Wield +5%||Agi+2, Sword Skill+5|
|Ring||Rajas Ring||30||STP+5||Str+5, Dex+5 (lv75+)|
|Ring||Hoard Ring||74||STP+4||Str-4, Dex-4|
|Ring||Epona's Ring||89||DA+3%, TA+3%|
eva, pdt, mdt, def, vit, agi, m.eva, mdb
mab, m.acc, m.crit, int, mnd, mp, conserve mp
For a 6-hit build dual-wielding swords, imitate the following setup;
- Swords: Almace (85) (6tp/hit), Khanda +2 DA+10 (6.7tp/hit) Trial 2343
- Haste Gear: Mavi Kavuk +2, Mavi Tayt +2, Setanta's Ledelsens (or Ocelot Gloves and match 4stp on feet), Goading Belt (or Twilight belt, losing +5stp but gaining 2haste)
- Dual Wield: Suppanomimi, Mirke Wardecors (DW and STP augmentss)
- Store TP: Mirke Wardecors, Cobra Mitts, Almah Torque (or chivalrous chain losing 1stp), Goading Belt, Brutal Earring, Rajas Ring, Hoard Ring, White Tathlum (if possible)
- Double Attack: Aesir Mantle, (optional: Twilight belt), Brutal Earring, (optional: Epona's ring, losing 4stp)
Totals add up to: 17%haste +15% using Animating Wail, 25 STP (23 without tathlum) +10% setting JA, Dual Wield 8% +25% from /nin, 16% Double Atk +10% setting JA. Using Atma in abyssea will push these numbers even further.
- 32% Haste, 35 STP, 33% DW, 26% DA
- STP caps at +51
- Formulas: (STP/100) x [(tp of weapon1)+(tp of weapon2)] = tp gained from stp
- Above Result + (tp of weapon1) + (tp of weapon2) = TP per Attack Round
35/100 x (6 + 6.7) = 4.445 + (6 + 6.7) = 17.1 (rounded down). So 100tp/17.1 = 5.8 or 6 attack rounds for full tp.
Adding Double Attack/Triple Attack you can hit 5 or even 4hits for full tp, but since they aren't 100% and since you also will have some missed attacks, it's safer not to add DA/TA to the math. Conserve TP can also help some and regain will speed things up as well.
Although your weapons base tp/hit and STP are the only factors for x-hit, Haste, Dual Wield, and Double Attack will help you achieve your x-hit quicker.
- Almace(85) delay: 224, Khanda+2 delay: 252, Haste+32%, DualWield+33%, DoubleAtk+26%
- Formulas: [(delay of weapon1+delay of weapon2)/2] x (dual wield/100) = Reduced Delay
- Step2: [(delay of weapon1+delay of weapon2 /2) - Reduced Delay] x (haste/100) = Increased attacks
- Step3: [(delay of weapon1+delay of weapon2 /2) - Reduced Delay] - Increased attacks = total delay
- Caps: Haste equipment cap is 25%, Magical Haste cap is 43%, and JA haste cap is 25%, Total haste cap is 80%, Total magic recast reduction is 50%
- dual wielded weapons share an average delay
[(224 + 252)/2] x (33/100) = 78.5; (238 - 78.5) x (32/100) = 51.04; 159.5 - 51.04 = 108.4 Delay
So according to this formula and setup, you'd attack every 1.1 seconds. So my math is most likely wrong, maybe missing a dual wield penalty. If anyone knows what it is please let me know ^^