The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Speak with Gumbah until he gives you the cutscene that starts this quest. He is located on the upper floor in Bastok Mines inside the house at J-7.
- Make sure you check your quest log before heading to Palborough Mines.
- Travel to the Palborough Mines.
- Proceed to the boat at (H-8).
- Get on the boat and pull the lever to zoning into Zeruhn Mines while on the boat to receive a cutscene and the Chaosbringer, a level 1 Great Sword for Warriors, Dark Knights, and Rune Fencers.
- Anyone can pull the lever; you need only make the trip.
- Kill 100 enemies with Chaosbringer equipped. It doesn't matter what you kill, as long as the sword is equipped and deals the final blow with a standard/critical melee strike.
- Once you have defeated 100 enemies, take the blade to Beadeaux to unlock Dark Knight.
The 100 Kills
- For it to count as a kill, the finishing blow must be made through a regular or critical strike with the Chaosbringer.
- WEAPON SKILL KILLS DO NOT COUNT. Must kill with a regular or critical strike as stated above.
- As long as the finishing blow is dealt with the Chaosbringer, the method(s) used to damage the monster are irrelevant. For this reason, WAR/BLM casting Black Magic to weaken enemies, with Fields of Valor Refresh active, is a very effective strategy for low level Warriors.
- During Harvest Festival events in real-life October, the Wraith Bats that spawn outside the starter nations have only 1 HP, making them the ideal target for this quest.
- Weapon skills that defeat the monster, or abilities that do so (such as Jump), do not count towards the kill total.
- Monsters that kill themselves (such as Goblins' Bomb Toss, Bombs' Self-Destruct, and Bees' Final Sting) do not count towards the kill total.
- Nothing resets the kill count (other than dropping the blade); you may change areas, jobs, weapons, get K.O.'d, etc.
- Any enemy works for this quest, as long as the above guidelines are followed.
- The enemy does not have to give experience points for it to count toward the 100 total.
See the Video page.
- Zeid, the sole master of the way of the dark knight in Vana'diel, has been sighted in the Palborough Mines. If you seek him out, he may make you an apprentice...
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.