|This article is a personal guide. Information expressed in this guide is one player's opinion and may be more opinion than fact. Strategies and information contained herein may not work for everyone.|
No non-minor changes should be made without consulting the author. Changes or questions should be discussed on the talk page.
This is a list of Black Mage Emyyrean equipment and upgrade items that I made for myself. I figured it would be worth sharing. Feel free to make corrections or additions to the list, but please don't drastically change the format. I want to keep this simple. --Kraftlos 09:32, September 30, 2011 (UTC)
Basic Black Mage Empyrean Set
This equipment is pretty weak. Most people will at least want to upgrade their equipment to +1 before bringing it into their regular rotation. I would suggest the Teal Saio Set, which can be purchased with Cruor at the entrance to various Abyssea zones, until these pieces can be upgraded at least to +1.
- Goetia Petasos - Purchased from the Cruor Prospector in Abyssea - Attohwa for 20,000 Cruor
- Goetia Coat - Purchased from the Dominion Tactician in Abyssea - Altepa for 1,500 Dominion Notes
- Goetia Gloves - Purchased from the Cruor Prospector in Abyssea - Altepa for 25,000 Cruor
- Goetia Chausses - Purchased with from the Bastion Prefect in Abyssea - Attohwa for 1,000 Resistance Credits
- Goetia Sabots - Found in Gold Chests in Abyssea - Attohwa
- Goetia Earring - Drops from Ouzelum (NM) in Abyssea - Altepa
- Goetia Chain - Drops from Bakka (NM) in Abyssea - Konschtat
- Goetia Mantle - Drops from Ironclad Severer (NM) in Abyssea - Misareaux
To upgrade your equipment, you must be on a level 75+ job and you must have started the relevant trial. When you are ready, trade one piece of equipment to the Magian Moogle in Ru'Lude Gardens (H-5), then trade the item and the required seals to the delivery box, finally trade the item to the Magian Moogle once more to receive the +1 version. Unfortunately, only your main body pieces can be upgraded. You don't need to start the trial before collecting seals.
- Petasos - 8 Goetia Seal: Head (Trial 4159)
- Coat - 10 Goetia Seal: Body (Trial 4339)
- Gloves - 8 Goetia Seal: Hands (Trial 4319)
- Chausses - 8 Goetia Seal: Legs (Trial 4179)
- Sabots - 8 Goetia Seal: Feet (Trial 4199)
A lot of these can be obtained from zone bosses. It's always good to check and see if you can get several quests done at once. Like the previous upgrades, these are exchanged via the Magian Moogle in Ru'Lude Gardens. Because these are used by multiple jobs, you will be lotting against the other party or alliance members to get these.
- Petasos - 6 Coins of Vision (Trial 4219)
- Coat - 9 Jewels of Ardor (Trial 4379)
- Gloves - 6 Jewels of Wieldance (Trial 4359)
- Chausses - 6 Stones of Balance (Trial 4239)
- Sabots - 6 Cards of Voyage (Trial 4259)