|Uleguerand Range||70 - 72||1||~8,450 HP|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading a San d'Orian Carrot to the Rabbit Footprint that appears in Uleguerand Range during the New Moon phase.
- The Rabbit Footprint is located at (K-11) in the wooded area, and moves around every 7-10 seconds between various spots in that locale. It will spawn 9-15 minutes after the New Moon phase starts and will last until the end of the phase.
- If you trade a carrot and by chance the footprint moves after trade, Black Coney will appear, unclaimed, where the footprint has moved.
- The footprint will respawn 7-9 minutes after Black Coney is defeated.
- Note that White Coney also spawns this way, but during the Full Moon phase.
- Does not link with the Polar Hares around the spawn point, however Nival Raptors do roam the area.
- Uses normal Rabbit special attacks (Foot Kick, Snow Cloud, Whirl Claws).
- Possesses the Double Attack and Triple Attack traits; each trait activates roughly 10% of the time.
- Susceptible to Slow, Blind, Paralyze, Sleep, and Gravity.
- Soloable by most jobs at level 75.
A coney is a rabbit, especially a European rabbit. It is considered an obsolete word for rabbit. Coney Island, NYC, NY, is named after coney (rabbit). The Dutch name for the island was Coneyn Eilant (Rabbit Island), and the name was carried over when translated when the British took over. The island got its name because it was overrun with rabbits until all the open space was developed.