A secret ability that all White Mages can use, Benediction calls forth a blessing from the Goddess that instantly heals the wounds of your comrades. The effect is tremendous, but if used during a fight, there are more than a few times when the White Mage ends up sacrificing themselves for the good of the party.
- Benediction is a White Mage's One Hour Ability.
- Upon usage, instantly restores a large amount of HP and removes (almost) all status ailments of party members within the area of effect.
- Formula for restored HP seems to be (max HP of target) * (level of WHM) / (level of target).
- Benediction removes all status ailments (except for Amnesia, Terror, Charm, Songs, and Weakness).
- The only exception to this rule is the Assault mission "Lamia No.13" where Benediction, Dispel, and other dispel-like spells can remove charm.
- As with Cursna, Benediction only has a chance of removing Doom.
- Accrues an amount of enmity to the user based on the amount of HP restored.
- /ja "Benediction" <me>
- Since Benediction is a one hour special, some people prefer not to make a macro for it to prevent unintentional activation.