NOTE: You must have completed mission Immortal Sentries to get the cutscene and approach all NPCs as a blue mage. In addition if you are viewing the extra cutscene you get after completing the job quest for the first time, you have to wait till the next game day before being able to receive this quest.
- Speak with Waoud and choose "Gaze away" to have him tell your fortune.
- Zone and speak to Waoud again and choose "Gaze away" as before. During the cutscene that follows, choose "I have" and you will be told to visit the five original Staging Points. You must zone before speaking to Waoud for this cutscene; otherwise he'll just repeat the original Q&A used to unlock the blue mage job.
- Note: Be sure not to talk to him before zoning or else you will have to go through the question-and-answer cutscene you did to first unlock blue mage, and then pay him 1,000 gil.
- Note: If you start down the question-and-answer path accidentally, you can disconnect/crash your client without fear of breaking the quest progression.
- Visit each staging point and speak with the Immortal Sentry at each. They will each give you a key item "Brand." If at any time you want to know what brands you've already acquired, you can go to Permanent Key Items and check them off.
- Brand of the Springserpent (Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point) - Meyaada
- Brand of the Galeserpent (Dvucca Isle Staging Point) - Nahshib
- Brand of the Flameserpent (Halvung Staging Point) - Waudeen
- Brand of the Skyserpent (Mamool Ja Staging Point) - Daswil
- Brand of the Stoneserpent (Azouph Isle Staging Point) - Nareema
- You must have Blue Mage as your main job to get the cutscene from each Immortal.
- After receiving all five brands, return to Waoud for a final cutscene and your reward.
- An unavoidable decision... If you would seek even greater power, meet with the Immortals stationed at Azouph Isle, Dvucca Isle, Mamool Ja, Halvung and Ilrusi staging points.