Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading Ferrite to a ??? at (G/H-11) in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. This is on the Nyzul Isle Staging Point map.
- Initially has extremely high defense and magic resistance. The only significant damage can be done in relation to the type of spell Armed Gears uses. It is cured by spells of the same element and takes damage from its weakness. If Armed Gears uses Paralyze, use fire, avoid ice. Refer to Element for more information on elemental weaknesses.
- If you are kiting, it is better to have your black mages stick to tier II spells initially, to avoid spike hate.
- Avoid melee damage until the very end of the fight. Feeding Armed Gears TP is not a good idea with its area of effect abilities.
- The enchantment on Twilight Scythe allows it to temporarily penetrate its melee resistance and inflict normal damage.
- The sword weapon skill Requiescat penetrates its melee resistance.
- Threnodies work nicely. Resisted once the whole fight.
- Susceptible to Gravity but builds resistance.
- Complete resistance to Silence and Sleep.
- Loses a gear at 49% HP. Its defense and magic defense also diminish.
- Loses a second gear at 24% HP, further diminishing its defense and magic defense.
- Rages after 70 minutes.
- Hits for about 600-700 while raged.
- Enfeebling spells only have a chance of landing during the respective weak phase. (Gravity during Enstone, Paralyze during Enaero, but can be resisted still and resistance to Gravity, Stun and possibly Bind will build up.)
- Can be kited around triple central pillars in a small room for an easier battle.
- Uses Antigravity: AOE that knocks back (400-600 damage).
- Uses Artificial Gravity: AOE that inflicts gravity (400-600 damage).
- Uses Rail Cannon: AOE attack (430-860 damage)
- Uses Restoral: (heals up to 3000hp).
- Uses Heavy Armature: Protect and a large number of shadows as well as a very strong Haste effect (felt a bit weaker than Hundred fists). It is possible to Diaga the Shadows away and dispel the Protect and Haste.
- Susceptible to Shield Bash and the Stun spell.
- Uses Mighty Strikes.
- Uses a random Enspell, weak to the element that the Enspell element is weak to. Changes Enspells periodically.
- Using Dispel in any phase and removing an Enspell does not change its resistance. However, it does seem to cause Armed Gears to change elements more quickly.
- Restoral restores one gear as usual, but once it has lost a gear by being brought down to 49% HP it will not return to the enspell behavior if it's restored to 3 gears.
- Can drop multiple Oracle's Gloves, Tomoes and Aurum Sabatons.