|Maze of Shakhrami||36 - 37||1||A, H|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawns in the area from K-8 to J-9 (the small room at J-9, through the hallway at J-8 and into the larger room at K-8).
- Timed Spawn randomly of either this NM or the Leech King approximately every 18-30 hours.
- During the 12 hour spawn window either this NM or the other will spawn in their designated area, but not both. Full 18-30 hour respawn is only restarted when one of these NM's are killed.
- Killable by: Solo at level 48-53, depending on job.
- Special Attacks: Death Ray, Hex Eye, Carthasis, BLM Elemental Magic (fire based usually) of his level.
- On Wide Scan, Argus appears just before the two Ancient Bats and large list of Leeches.
- Can be slept with Lullaby
- Possible for 2 Hecteyes Eyes to drop.
- Nyzul Isle: The Armoury Crate it leaves behind contains a ??? Necklace, which may rarely appraise into a Peacock Amulet.
- Can be slept by Repose.
- After maintenance, the shared window with Leech King is open immediately and can last up to approximately 12 hours after maintenance ends.
In Greek mythology, Argus was a giant with 100 eyes. Because of his abundance of eyes, he was considered a great watchman and was employed by the goddess Hera. He was assigned to guard and keep a white cow from Zeus. That cow was Io, a nymph who was sexually involved with Zeus and later turned into a cow as a way to protect Io by Zeus. Zeus dispatched Hermes to slay Argus. He did so by posing as a shepherd and telling boring stories, which put all of Argus' eyes to sleep (whenever Argus slept, he usually kept some eyes open). He then killed the giant. Hera memorialized Argus by putting his eyes on the tail of the peacock, a favorite animal of Hera's, which explains why it drops Peacock Amulet. Argus was also the pet dog from Homer's Odyssey.