After completing Shadows of the Departed, you must wait until the next game day to activate this quest. Please note that your in-game Mission tracker will not update your mission progress until The Last Verse is completed. It will show that you're still on Dawn and Awakening even if you've completed Shadows of the Departed, so you will need to keep track of your own mission progress.
- Enter the palace in Ru'Lude Gardens for another cutscene with Esha'ntarl. You must zone out/in after completing Shadows of the Departed.
- Enter Sealion's Den for a cutscene.
- Examine the Gate of the Gods in Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi for a cutscene.
- Go to the Empyreal Paradox and check the Transcendental Radiance for a cutscene.
- Check the Transcendental Radiance again to enter a battlefield against Eald'narche and Kam'lanaut (6 people, 30 min).
- Because this is a quest, Experience Points ARE lost in this battlefield if you are KOed, like in Divine Might.
- You must have this quest open or completed to enter the battlefield to help others.
- Kam'lanaut is a tougher version of the boss from Return to Delkfutt's Tower.
- He casts various enfeebling spells: Silencega, Slowga (overwrites Haste), Graviga, Dispelga
- Susceptible to Gravity, but it is very difficult to land without Elemental Seal.
- Special attacks:
- Light Blade: Single-target high damage. Damage is reduced by kiting.
- Earth Blade, Water Blade, Wind Blade, Fire Blade, Frost Blade, Lightning Blade: Enspell effects (70+ damage per hit).
- When this effect is on, nukes of the matching element heal him.
- Great Wheel: AoE damage (~350) and Hate Reset, wipes Utsusemi.
- Kam'lanaut can perform three TP attacks upon reaching 100%+ TP, giving very little rest for healers. He can do 3 Great Wheels in a row, devastating any melee jobs in range.
- Eald'narche is a tougher version of the stage 2 boss from The Celestial Nexus.
- ~5000 HP.
- Teleports around the arena.
- Highly evasive. Sushi and/or Madrigal recommended.
- Casts Bindga, Sleepga II, and all tier III -ga nukes.
- Very high magic defense (e.g., Thunder IV ~65 dmg).
- Special attacks:
See Testimonials for strategy information.
- Talk to Aldo in Lower Jeuno (J-8) for a cutscene. You must be at least Rank 5 in your current nation to receive this cutscene.
- Wait until Japanese Midnight and talk to Gilgamesh in Norg (L-8) for a cutscene to complete the quest. You must zone after Japanese midnight before talking to Gilgamesh to get the cutscene.
- If you wait until Japan midnight to speak to Aldo you do not have to wait another full day; instead you can speak to Gilgamesh immediately after Aldo.
Upon talking to Gilgamesh, you are given your choice of four earrings as a reward. You can only choose one of the following earrings. They are level 72 and can be equipped by all jobs. If you don't choose any of them, you can come back and speak to Gilgamesh anytime to pick one, but you will not complete the quest, nor activate The Last Verse, until you do.
Name Stats Ethereal Earring HP +15, Attack +5, Evasion +5, Converts 3% of Damage Taken to MP Hollow Earring DEX +2, Accuracy +3, Ranged Accuracy +3, Sword Enhancement Spell Damage +3 Magnetic Earring MP +20, "Conserve MP" +5, Spell Interruption Rate Down 8%, MP Recovered While Healing +1 Static Earring MND +2, Magic Defense Bonus +2, Bonus Damage Added To Magic Burst
Repeating the Quest
It is possible for this quest to be repeated. The earring previously acquired from this quest must not be in your possession to proceed (you must throw your first earring out in order to get a different one).
- Target the ??? in the Empyreal Paradox and erase all memories of the quests "Shadows of the Departed" and "Apocalypse Nigh". Complete these quests again to obtain one of the earrings listed above.
- For clarification, the earring must be dropped before you can receive the option to erase memories of the quests. Therefore, unlike artifact gear, it is not possible to retain your current earring while redoing the quests.
- Esha'ntarl (Audience Chamber, Ru'Lude Gardens)
- The next incarnation of the Keeper of the Apocalypse is attempting to cross over into Vana'diel. Sing the Lay of the Immortals before the fifth mothercrystal and put an end to this threat once and for all!