This year's DQX/FFXIV event is substantially similar to the previous one with minor differences.
- You do not automatically get the Slime Fetish after buying the three base slime items anymore
DRAGON QUEST X ONLINE EVENT
This miniquest does not appear in the quest log.
- Talk to one of the slimes in the following areas to participate:
Slarin in Southern San d'Oria (K-9)
Sludge in Bastok Markets (E-10)
Ultra Slime in Windurst Woods (H-11)
- Accept teleportation from the slime to be transported to one of the following NPCs:
Slabble in East Ronfaure (G-6)
Slime Tarou in South Gustaberg (J-7)
Sline in East Sarutabaruta (G-11)
- Talk to the slime that you are teleported to and choose to get gooed up for a Level Restriction of 1.
- You can now "capture" Slimes, She-Slimes, and Metal Slimes by defeating them.
- Each Slime type gives a set amount of Slime coins after being captured: Blue (normal) Slimes gives you 1 coin, She-Slimes 2 coins, and Metal Slimes 10 coins.
- If you are wearing a complete set of slime equipment (Shield, Headgear and Earring) you get a bonus coin for every slime captured. This means Blue slimes now grant 2, She-Slimes 3 and Metal Slimes 11. Therefore to maximize efficiency, grind out 30 slime coins then immediately spend them on a full set of blue slime equipment to drastically cut down your remaining grind.
- The Slimes occasionally flee, instantly ending the battle and granting no slime coin.
- Stone is the most effective attack against them (except for Metal Slimes; see below), and it is available to any job using /BLM in this event, assuming the spell has been learned.
- A melee strategy is perfectly viable as long as you have capped skill in your weapon of choice and save TP for She-Slimes to reduce the amount of time spent killing them. A full-damage Fast Blade can take between 60-90% of a She-Slime's health bar.
- Metal Slimes occasionally appear when Slimes or She-Slimes are captured. They instantly aggro the character and despawn if they kill him/her.
- They have very high evasion and defense. They receive only 1 damage per attack, but Critical Hits can deal up to 24 damage.
- They likewise have much higher accuracy and attack than their counterparts. A source of Regen is strongly recommended.
- They are immune to magic, including Dia. However, they have 4 HP and are captured with exactly 4 successful hits.
- They tend to flee the battle much more often than other slimes and there is no known way to prevent this. Good luck.
- When you're done capturing slimes, return to the slime who "gooed" you up, and choose to return to the starting slime in the city.
Spending your Coins
- Returning to a quest starter gives you the option to redeem your slime coins for equipment, Monstrosity spirits and fireworks/candy.
- 1 Slime Coin:
- 5 Slime Coins:
- 10 Slime Coins:
- 15 Slime Coins:
- 20 Slime Coins:
- 30 Slime Coins:
1Only available for purchase after a She-Slime has been captured.
2Only available for purchase after a Metal Slime has been captured.
3Only available for purchase after all nine pieces of slime equipment have been obtained.
- Once you have purchased the She-Slime equipment, you get another cutscene featuring Horro.
- Once you have purchased all nine pieces of slime equipment, you get a final cutscene featuring Horro and receive both a She-Slime Spirit and a Metal Slime Spirit.
- Be sure you have enough inventory space to receive the item.
- Once acquired, trade these items to Suibhne in the Feretory while in the standard Astoltian Slime (MON) form to unlock the relevant type of slime.
FINAL FANTASY XIV EVENT
This miniquest does not appear in the quest log.
- Talk to the Moogle in one of the following areas to participate:
Southern San d'Oria (G-9)
Port Bastok (K-7)
Windurst Waters (F-9)
- The Moogle can teleport you directly to its counterpart directly outside the city gate:
West Ronfaure (I-6)
North Gustaberg (L-8)
West Sarutabaruta (J-8)
- Receive Moogle Magic, restricting your level to 1. Normal monsters will now ignore you.
- You can now "capture" Spriggan Sifters, Spriggan Criers, and Spriggan Graverobbers by defeating them. Each will drop a stone shard of its respective color. Attempt to get at least 20 of a particular color before returning.
- When you have collected enough stones, you can spin the wheel in town. After every spin, you have a (2.9%) chance of getting on a "hot streak," which will improve your chances of winning so long as you continue spinning the same wheel. Hot streaks last around 8-12 spins. Wearing a matching set of Spriggan Coat and Club will improve your chance of getting on a hot streak to (3.5%)
- After receiving the initial cutscene, trade one of each Elemental Crystal to the Spriggan Sifter (NPC) to receive Spriggan Fetish.
- When spinning the wheel, you can pick any prize from your prize level or below.
- After obtaining Green Spriggan Coat, Green Spriggan Club, Purple Spriggan Coat, Purple Spriggan Club, Red Spriggan Coat, and Red Spriggan Club, you will view a cutscene.
- Trade the Spriggan Fetish to Suibhne in the Feretory to unlock Spriggan (MON).