|Dynamis - Xarcabard||1||A, T(H)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Located at H-8. It is Spawned by trading a Celestial Goad to the ??? on the same platform the Animated Hammer is located. Farm the Celestial Goad from the Satellite Staves in the area, drop rate is fairly low.
- The Animated Staff IS NOT IMMUNE to Stun. It is very resistant to the spell Stun, and still resistant, but not as much to Weapon Skill Stun effects.
- When it is trying to warp itself out, IF those who can use a stun effect WS, such as Tachi: Hobaku or Shoulder Tackle uses those, it is possible that one of the attempts will cause the Animated Staff to be temporarily stunned, thus interrupting its spell casting.
- Before engaging, it is a common practice for all melee to not use their TP until they have 300%. This way, a large amount of damage can be done to the Animated Staff at the start of the battle. This will allow for those who can use a stun WS to have one ready again when the Animated Staff is getting bored.
- If the Animated Staff manages to warp away, you will have to attempt the fight again.
- From its dialogue, it appears to like magic damage more than melee damage. This may help you kill it before it attempts to Warp.
- The Animated Staff uses the weapon skill Gate of Tartarus.
- It can cast Sleepga and Breakga, as well as other earth elemental spells
- Immune to Sleep and Lullaby.
- Animated Staff : I am called the Celestial Staff.
I will glimpse into your mind's eye...
During the fight
- Animated Staff : Your inexperience betrays you...
The Animated Staff appears to be slightly irritated.
- Animated Staff : Make use of your intelligence!
The Animated Staff appears to be angry.
- Animated Staff : I will give you a little more of my time...
The Animated Staff appears to be losing interest.
- Animated Staff : I had thought your intellect more engaging...
The Animated Staff appears to be losing patience.
- Animated Staff : You have disappointed me...
The Animated Staff appears to be growing extremely impatient.
- Animated Staff : Such a shame. But I have no time to humor the likes of you...
The Animated Staff appears to have completely lost interest.
The Animated Staff starts casting Warp.
- Animated Staff : You have impressed me.
Let us meet again...</Strike>