|La Vaule (S)||83||1||A, T(H)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Timed Spawn every 2-4 hours at (J-11).
- This NM, along with all other Sealed Container NMs in La Vaule [S], is treated as if it were just killed after maintenance, and will not pop until 2-4 hours after server is back up.
- Appears to have an innate Scholar ability Manifestation effect with its offensive spells, producing Area of Effect versions of select spells (see discussion). This is not heralded in the log, the spell will just appear to hit multiple targets. This seems to apply to all of its spells except the Tier IV nukes and Helix spells.
- Casts Tier 4 elemental magic, such as Fire IV, as well as ancient magic and Helix magic. Also casts Protect IV, Shell IV, Aspir, Sleep, Sleep II, Paralyze, Silence, Gravity, Erase, Dispel, Poisona, Cure IV, Regen, and Regen II.
- Only casts Cure IV below 33% HP.
- Spellcasting time seems to be proportional to current HP; giving normal casting time at full HP, 50% reduction at half HP and so on, eventually leading to near instant casting of any spell at very low HP.
- Uses a gaze attack Charm move approximately every 5 seconds.
- Tanking is best done facing a wall, away from the NM, in order to avoid Charm and other gaze attacks.
- Charm, as well as Level 5 Petrify, will only last a few seconds if inflicted.
- Level 5 Petrify on this NM appears to reset hate once used.
- Hate can not be logged on this NM, tested several times with log to title screen and total shutdown. Only hate reset appears to be from Level 5 Petrify.
The Eye of Providence, or the all-seeing eye, is a symbol showing an eye surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God keeping watch on humankind. Imagery of an all-seeing eye can be traced back to Egyptian mythology and the Eye of Horus. It also appears in Buddhism, where Buddha is also regularly referred to as the "Eye of the World" throughout Buddhist scriptures (e.g. Mahaparinibbana Sutta) and is represented as a trinity in the shape of a triangle known as the Tiratna, or Triple Gem.
Onyx is a type of quartz commonly colored black. This likely refers to the All-seeing Onyx Eye's dark coloring.